More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 13:01:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Married after death - She cant remarry
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Married after death - She cant remarry  (Read 2853 times)
Mike
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Married after death - She cant remarry
« on: 2006 January 31, 21:41:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was playing with the Montys in Veronaville and as you know, Patrizio dies quickly after playing. When he died, I decided to make her remarry. The problem is, she cant. She still acts like shes married. She even got a memory that said had an affair...........BUT HER HUSBAND IS DEAD. She also has "had two lovers at once." I have the post mortem hack from pescado. Should I get rid of it?  Huh
« Last Edit: 2006 January 31, 21:49:31 by Mike » Logged
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: Married after death - She cant remarry
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 31, 21:45:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know there's a marriage bug fix in testing, but I'm not exactly sure if this is what that fixes.  Perhaps someone who's testing it can say for sure.  Undecided
themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 01, 00:40:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the post mortem hack from pescado. Should I get rid of it?  Huh

I used to have the problem all the the time until I got rid of the post mortum hack.  You will have to unlink her in SimPE to get her to remarry.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 01, 01:06:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same thing's happened to me since I installed NL and I have the post-mortum hack (well I did, I'm going to try without it now).  I've had to sort everything out in SimPE so mine got rid of all the cheating memories and to detach them from their dead spouses.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 01, 02:36:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to have the problem all the the time until I got rid of the post mortum hack.  You will have to unlink her in SimPE to get her to remarry.
That doesn't seem to be the direct cause, given that I specifically tested this case and it worked, but it does seem to expose the issue more prevalently and serve as a convenient scapegoat. I'm not sure why sometimes the relational bits that impede remarriages are never removed, but there seems to be no consistency to it. I'll try adding code to force their removal while not disconnecting lines.

UPDATE: New version. Try now?
« Last Edit: 2006 February 01, 03:08:24 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: