More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 11, 22:14:24

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  OFB - What works, what doesn't
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: OFB - What works, what doesn't  (Read 44022 times)
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: OFB - What works, what doesn't
« Reply #50 on: 2006 March 02, 06:54:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's fine. As penance for admitting that, I require you to post like a pirate for the rest of the week. Arr!

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!
Welcome back Motoki

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
seventhson
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2006 March 02, 06:55:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inteen is most assuredly NOT compatible. The list of changed code is long and ugly. Insim (at least the dest version) is clean according to the autoscan.

A boy can hope, though... Cry Even though hoping doesn't change anything.
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2006 March 02, 07:00:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inteen is most assuredly NOT compatible. The list of changed code is long and ugly. Insim (at least the dest version) is clean according to the autoscan.

A boy can hope, though... Cry Even though hoping doesn't change anything.

Yes, we can hope. My cat is getting a little nervous as I keep talking about making sacrifices to the kitten killer god.
crazi_aboutu
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2006 March 02, 07:55:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Welcome back Motoki and arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr at having to work long hours all week,  Cry  can't go get the game till Saturday   Cry
Meek_Monkey
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2006 March 02, 08:03:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have found that Abduction Higher odds, abortbedmaking, The allinone and the nanny painting, Elder Sleep Night, nojumpingonbed, No Social Worker Abduction, all work.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2006 March 02, 10:55:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki, am I GLAD that you are here, to save my life again...Smiley.

I installed the OFB - the game runned smoothly, and I have only 800 Mhz processor, 2 Giga Ram, X850 Radeon.

I left all the hacks I have, on purpose. So far, even daily gardener works. The phone hack works when you invite transportation (taxi), and the choose which sim will go to the community lot still works. Insimenator (dest) works too. All hacked objects work fine (mood boosters).

But comm-skilling is "dead"!!! When I send my sim to a community lot, not he, neither the townies, can gain skilling points; and at his home - only the residents can gain skilling points.

I know for sure that JMP will make it only for the selectable sims - so I ask again for your help!

Hurry...Smiley

I add the hacks I have.

Edit:

If you already invited a gardener, he will continue to come; but you can't invite a gardener, with or without the phone hack. I took the both out (daily gardener and phone hack), and still the sim was  unble to invite a gardener, and got a jump-by  after the try.
« Last Edit: 2006 March 02, 13:42:51 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: 2006 March 02, 11:10:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With OFB as I understand it, Sims can now skill away from home without a hack.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2006 March 02, 11:12:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, Inge, I'll take out the hack, and see what happens.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2006 March 02, 11:22:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry, Inge - still nor the sim, neither the townies can gain skill points.

Motoki, HELP!!!  Grin Grin Grin
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2006 March 02, 11:58:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought they could skill at community lots too.  Perhaps something else is interfering Gali?
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2006 March 02, 12:17:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pregnant Sims do go to community lots, (in whatever they happen to be wearing), and after reading about the censor patch, I went through SimPE and enabled it from there.  No problems.  And I have a very successful Lemonade stand thank you. Grin

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2006 March 02, 12:52:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought they could skill at community lots too.  Perhaps something else is interfering Gali?

I openned a "TestVille", and found this:

You can have the NL phone hack, but you can invite a gardener only if the "daily gardener is out of the hacks folder. Then, even if you put the "daily gardener" back - the gardener doesn't come on the other day.

The Buyable Collection of TJ works good, and I already used the Dr Vu Surgery.

Miramis - I have to take out all my hacks folder, in order to teast if something is interferring. I don't have so many hacks, so it won't be a problem.
Entgleichen
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2006 March 02, 13:16:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hacked doors don't work anymore, obviously. (Edit: because I took them out, stupid me. But couldn't they conflict with the new lock option?)

And for the annoying ring-ring: it seems to me that they fixed it. Anyone to confirm this? When I played last night and an almost-no-more-friend called my sim, they chatted for about 20 simminutes, then my sim hung up. Would be great if this were the new usual thing.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2006 March 02, 13:24:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I took out all my hacks folder, sent my sim to the community lot - none of the townies coud gain skill points. My sim too. Still need Motoki's help...Smiley.

I got so mad, I maxed all skills with a cheat...Smiley.
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2006 March 02, 13:32:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That sucks bigtime.  Besides the fact that they don't skill without the hack, the fact that we can't use the comm-skilling hack hurts.  Did they even skill body on the excercise machines?  They should be doing that as of Nightlife at least without the comm-skilling.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2006 March 02, 13:37:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the point - my selectable sim, AND the townies, could work out from here to eternity, without a plum-bob above their heads.

Now I found another obstacle - SimPe doesn't work with OFB!!! WooHoo...Smiley

Back to the shelf, gamie...Smiley.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: 2006 March 02, 13:43:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now I found another obstacle - SimPe doesn't work with OFB!!! WooHoo...Smiley

Crud... forgot about that. There may be a slight delay then (of me updating/installing OFB), since I was already in the middle of updating a hack.

Also... just wondering, but does OFB include the 2nd NL patch? I still Roll Eyes haven't gotten around to installing that. Is it even necessary for me to do so i.e. will OFB do it anyways? Or should I patch before installing OFB? I would think it should be included, but you never know. Tongue

Ste

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2006 March 02, 13:56:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OFB apparently does patch nightlife  but to what extent I dont know since it only checks existing installs to see if they are patched Huh and since my game was already patched with both NL patches it didnt have to patch anything

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2006 March 02, 13:57:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed the OFB - the game runned smoothly, and I have only 800 Mhz processor, 2 Giga Ram, X850 Radeon.
Installing 2 GBs of RAM and a Radeon X850 on an 800 MHz machine is like installing a racing spoiler on a turtle.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2006 March 02, 14:12:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about custom careers? I only have two, but I would rather like to keep them. I remember that they had to be updated through SimPe for NL. Now I read that SimPe doesn't work anymore either. Oh well, I guess I'll wait before installing, sounds like too much is affected, especially things I don't want to do without. And SimPe is an absolute necessity for me.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2006 March 02, 14:21:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For those of you who aren't aware:

http://sims.ambertation.de/en/2006/03/01/the-sims-2-open-for-business/

Open for Business

It is the time for a new Expansion Pack Smiley .

What does that mean? The current Version of SimPE will probbaly not work with The Sims 2 - Open for Business, but we are working on it, and the next Release (which is 0.56), will be fit for Business. But it will take at least one week, until it is ready for public release.

Btw. jfade reported, that the ObjectWorkshop in the current QA-Release of SimPE, is already working with Open for Business.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2006 March 02, 14:25:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Rainbow, I'll keep an eye on ambertation. I guess I will need to wait at least one week then. I'm not playing without the essentials, especially sanity preserving mods and SimPe.

~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: 2006 March 02, 14:33:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With regard to hacked doors - and bear in mind this is an educated assumption rather than proven - I would imagine all my locking doors would work very much the same as they ever did.  But they won't pick up any of the new stuff that has been added to doors in OFB. 

I would advise removing the Security System patch if you use it, until I get a chance to check it out.  Prison and Classroom doors should be fine in those institutions.

I will probably look at overhauling my locking doors to take advantage of OFB features in the future.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2006 March 02, 14:45:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Installing 2 GBs of RAM and a Radeon X850 on an 800 MHz machine is like installing a racing spoiler on a turtle.

Grin Grin Grin - OK JMP, take your revenge! - I admit I don't understand technical issues. I agree to install what my technician advises, and I trust him that he wants the best for me...Smiley.

Now is the time you can poke, shove, slap, and insult me as much as you can...Smiley. How Brynne says? "I pee on your direction".  Cheesy Cheesy

I already uninstalled OFB, so you want read more replies from me - back to NL...Smiley.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2006 March 02, 14:50:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL Gali, that's letting him have it. I'm sorry you had to uninstall though.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: