More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 11, 15:38:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  OFB - What works, what doesn't
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: OFB - What works, what doesn't  (Read 44021 times)
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
Re: OFB - What works, what doesn't
« Reply #25 on: 2006 March 02, 02:50:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

anyone have a problem with just the meshes of cc not working?  All the recolours of Maxis stuff works fine but all my cc for buy/build mode have disappeared except the fences for some strange reason. Huh

If they screwed custom content - I'm not even installing it. Anyone else having this problem?
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 March 02, 02:51:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sounds like they don't have custom content enabled (or forgot to restart after enabling it)

*could be wrong*
rome_raven
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 March 02, 02:57:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sounds like they don't have custom content enabled (or forgot to restart after enabling it)

*could be wrong*
I enabled my custom content as soon as I saw the box at the beginning and then I saved it so it wouldn't ask to me again Huh

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 March 02, 03:00:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

did you exit the game after enabling? you need to exit and reload the game after enabling or custom content won't work/showup
simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 March 02, 03:01:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*could be wrong*
I enabled my custom content as soon as I saw the box at the beginning and then I saved it so it wouldn't ask to me again Huh

And then you exited the game and went back in, right? If when you start the game, it doesn't come up with custom content "enabled" already checked, once you make the change to enable it, you have to exit the game and then restart it for the change to take effect.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 March 02, 03:13:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's fine. As penance for admitting that, I require you to post like a pirate for the rest of the week. Arr!

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 March 02, 03:13:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Motoki.  Smiley  Good to see you.

Arrr...
seventhson
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 March 02, 03:16:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Welcome back Motoki!

To my great delight, the kitten killer appears to be present and correct. Woohoo! It doesn't like some of JM's hacks, but since they're on the 'dirty' hack list my next step is gonna be removing all of the 'dirty' ones and seeing whether lots start hanging again. And whether the loss of some of the Awesomeness is going to make me go on a killing spree (Veronaville's my testing grounds, I'll be quite happy if it blows up).

Edit: Spoke too soon. Spoke muuuuuuuch too soon. Lots are not hanging, but Sims are frozen and nothing can be selected. Damn it!
rome_raven
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 March 02, 03:17:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed my game.  Started a family but it didn't save.  At the first play, I turned ON cc.  My computer got restarted and I started OFB again and found majority of my cc except for the custom meshes for Build/Buy Mode.  I'll try it again one more time to be sure but I am so happy I didn't try it on one of my existing families

cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 March 02, 03:19:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's fine. As penance for admitting that, I require you to post like a pirate for the rest of the week. Arr!

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

I'm probably not the only one who would find a peeing pirate nanny hilarious. Shiver me timbers!
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 March 02, 03:43:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Walk the plank or it's puddles for you!

Oooh, 97.8% done, I guess I will get to experience the joy of my hacks being broken very soon.  Tongue

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 March 02, 03:48:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or you could wait until tomorrow when the important stuff receives updates.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 March 02, 03:49:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Walk the plank or it's puddles for you!

Oooh, 97.8% done, I guess I will get to experience the joy of my hacks being broken very soon.  Tongue

*snorts tea*  Would you people stop making me laugh unexpectedly like that!
gypsylady
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 March 02, 03:53:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok so far in my game I am useing no hacks except Quaxi's blur remover which is working just fine.Went into a house no one was moveing they were froze used testing cheats and it said error in a table so I hit delete and everyone started to move so it was all good in there from that point on. checked all my custom content and it was there.  All recolors were there. buy and build mode worked just fine.Went to the newshopping district and wasable to go into one of theoccupied houses and everything there was fine. So far everything seems to be working ok.Have not tried to actually play yet am just kind of checking things out.
rome_raven
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 March 02, 04:27:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed my game.  Started a family but it didn't save.  At the first play, I turned ON cc.  My computer got restarted and I started OFB again and found majority of my cc except for the custom meshes for Build/Buy Mode.  I'll try it again one more time to be sure but I am so happy I didn't try it on one of my existing families

I started it up and I got it to work with all of my custom contents (no including hacks)  Thanks for the help

idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 March 02, 04:30:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or you could wait until tomorrow when the important stuff receives updates.

Does the romancemod fall under "important"? I honestly need this hack more than anything. And it took so long for it to be updated for NL. Sad
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 March 02, 05:21:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been doing some quick testing and so far this is what I've discovered:

I'm sorry I don't remember where I got everything from, you bet though that I'll be figuring it out and looking for updates though *heh*

nokicktrash: seems to be working fine

Permafridge: no longer works, probably has something to do with the new fridge options...this one is much needed if you plan on running a successful bakery business.

noemptypotty: Works

assignable cribs: works

Monique's Computers: Doesn't take in account the business options...still appears to work otherwise

Firemod:  I'm not sure if this is working or not.  It didn't appear to be at first.  I set a few more fires and every once in a while a sim would run up and try to put it out, but it wasn't as instant as it was pre- OFB.

nowhatsthis:  working

cribsleepnight: working

marriage-traditional: I have it in and it's not causing any problems..I don't really see how it could but I haven't been able to make sure it's working correctly.

Eldersleepthrunight: working

LTWvariety: seems to be working

quaxi's censor mod: working

TJ's Casual romance: working

skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 March 02, 05:33:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some other stuff I have that I haven't put back in yet... most I'm not worried about..others are things like death fixes and move out bug fix...waiting to make sure they're okay in the long run and needed

phone hack...need it but not going to bother testing right now since there are new phone options

Inteen (prays for update) but not going to bother testing now either....Insim..assuming it will be updated as usual and will wait although I am dying w/o it hehe

simmiecal
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 March 02, 05:41:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the first four and cribsleepthrunight are Inge's at Simlogical.
twojeffs
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: 2006 March 02, 05:50:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Welcome back Motoki!

To my great delight, the kitten killer appears to be present and correct. Woohoo! It doesn't like some of JM's hacks, but since they're on the 'dirty' hack list my next step is gonna be removing all of the 'dirty' ones and seeing whether lots start hanging again. And whether the loss of some of the Awesomeness is going to make me go on a killing spree (Veronaville's my testing grounds, I'll be quite happy if it blows up).

Edit: Spoke too soon. Spoke muuuuuuuch too soon. Lots are not hanging, but Sims are frozen and nothing can be selected. Damn it!

Inteen is most assuredly NOT compatible. The list of changed code is long and ugly. Insim (at least the dest version) is clean according to the autoscan.
Lackey
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 March 02, 05:58:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have insiminator in and it is working just fine in my game. That was one I had to try. I also have no punch you punch me no pillow fights no playredhands no gizmo wants

Never hold your farts in! They travel up your spine to your brain and that is where shitty ideas come from.
gypsylady
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 March 02, 06:21:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is a new annoyance resurrected from Sims1.... Rock paper scissors is back.
sanmonroe
Circus Freak
Lipless Loser

Hates Furries.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 March 02, 06:24:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have insiminator in and it is working just fine in my game. That was one I had to try. I also have no punch you punch me no pillow fights no playredhands no gizmo wants

The insiminator and inteen are apparently shutting down pie menu options in the new parts of the game (and probably breaking much more on the side).

The results are starting to come in. The first one was about not being able to mass cook anything.

When you do something because of the internet that is wrong.
When you make love to a man in a giraffe outfit.
When you discover you masterbated online to a picture of a relative.

Webcest.
Lackey
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 March 02, 06:38:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

inseminator has a post for bugs and so far they say it is fine inteen not fine at all

Never hold your farts in! They travel up your spine to your brain and that is where shitty ideas come from.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: 2006 March 02, 06:42:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anybody got a definite yea or nay on custom careers or foods yet?

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: