More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 10:17:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Items are missing from buy mode.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Items are missing from buy mode.  (Read 2470 times)
rottenelle
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Items are missing from buy mode.
« on: 2009 May 31, 14:05:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have several items missing from my game all of a sudden. I had bought some of the store items before I discovered the awesomeness here. I promptly dumped those files and downloaded the fixed versions as the EA created junk would cause my game to crash if I tried to place some items in my game. All was working beautifully and then without warning as I started to play one of my lots the beds from decorama collection were missing from the lot. I scanned my downloads folder with Delphys Organizer and they are in the folder but not in the buy mode or in lots where I placed them previously. Since the files show up I'm thinking the game is not reading the files correctly and if so I may need to reinstall the game entirely. I just downloaded SimPE and have yet to learn to use it so I don't know if I can fix the missing files with it. I do have several fixes and game mods, mostly by names I recognize such as Lord Darcy, but I don't see how they would affect the items in the games. One thing I noticed right away is the missing items seem to all be from the online store. I have lots of custom content of all kinds but they are showing up perfectly. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
Re: Items are missing from buy mode.
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 03, 17:09:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try deleting groups.cache and the thumbnails files (in the Thumbnails folder).  They will regenerate when you restart the game.  Objects may reappear.

Tribulatio proxima est
rottenelle
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Items are missing from buy mode.
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 03, 22:01:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you. I delete the assessory and groups files each time before I play but I didn't know about the thumbnails file. I'll try that right now and see if it works. I aapreciate the help very much.

Edit-June 3, 2009 10:15 PM CDT-I deleted thumbnails along with cache files. I still have objects missing. My game is so borked at the time I don't know what to do but start a new one.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 04, 03:21:40 by rottenelle » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: