More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 11, 11:18:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  None of my Sims can give birth?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: None of my Sims can give birth?  (Read 7707 times)
InABox
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
None of my Sims can give birth?
« on: 2008 May 26, 19:38:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It started with one Sim family.  The parents "tried for a baby" and succeeded in making the baby music.  Mom's needs started decaying more rapidly and she was throwing up in the toilet.  But nothing happened - no bump, no pregnancy progression.  I tried the tombstone of L and D to speed up the pregnancy but all that came up was an error message.  When I tried resetting it, the message kept popping up and then I had to just delete the error message.  Of course I saved the family (stupid me).  The strange thing is this is happening now in all of my families in all of my hoods - the women can get pregnant but none can get to that first bump!  What the hell is going on?  How can this be affecting everyone? Huh

My God, what the hell am I doing?
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: None of my Sims can give birth?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 May 26, 19:43:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Outdated hack or a conflict? You need to give more information regarding your game. What mods are you running and are they all updated? What EPs/SPs do you have? You may also want to post your error log so the smert people can look at it.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 May 26, 20:14:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This sounds like a case of tight pants or the work of the non-awesome.  Second the advice to check your hacks (especially anything pregnancy related) and ensure you have the correct updated versions for your latest EP.  If this does not solve the problem, remove all unawesome hacks and test your hood again.

After that, it's binary removal and test time.

Tribulatio proxima est
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 May 26, 21:12:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could it be the....

Wait for it....

KITTEN KILLER?

Get rid of Inteen.

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

InABox
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 May 27, 01:09:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I don't have Inteen.  I do have all EP's and SP's and all of my hacks have been updated. I'll pull them out tonight and try again and see if that helps at all (but, honestly, the thought of playing this game without any hacks makes me tremble with fear!).  Also, not being a smart person myself, I did not record the error log I was getting with the game so I'll check that and post it here later.

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 May 27, 02:27:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The game makes the error log itself, seeing as you were already in debug mode the error log you need to post is in the Sims2 folder in your documents folder. Look for a folder called Logs. You should be looking for the Object error text file with the latest date.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 May 27, 03:42:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Guidelines for submitting error logs can be found here in the FAQ, if you haven't seen them already.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 May 27, 17:33:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't use the launcher.  Try loading the game directly from the EP's .exe file.

Right click on the desktop shortcut and select Properties.  Then edit the command line so that it points to "Sims2EP7.exe" (if you have FT).  This will bypass the launcher and load the game directly.

If you are not using a no-cd crack, you will still have to have your disk in your drive as normal.

ETA: Corrected EP number
« Last Edit: 2008 May 27, 18:19:45 by jolrei » Logged

Tribulatio proxima est
InABox
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 May 27, 17:43:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jolrei, by command line do you mean where it says "target"?  So it should say ...TSBin\Sims2EP8.exe  ?

morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 May 27, 18:03:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jolrei, by command line do you mean where it says "target"?  So it should say ...TSBin\Sims2EP8.exe  ?
Yes, it's the target line. It should be Sims2EP7.exe if you have Freetime.

Edit: Bleh, should have double checked my own shortcut for the correct target.
« Last Edit: 2008 May 27, 19:28:48 by morriganrant » Logged

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Cappuccino
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 May 27, 18:13:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't it EP7? Tongue

Dive in!
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 May 27, 18:20:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Isn't it EP7? Tongue

Apparently so.  Sims2EP7.exe 

The principle is sound though - point the shortcut at Sims2EPx.exe, where "x" is the number of your latest EP.

Tribulatio proxima est
InABox
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 May 27, 20:14:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alright - I've logged in and pulled out all my hacks and tried getting a Sim pregnant.  It all went great, she got her bump on schedule and gave birth.  But the crappy thing is that means that the problem is one of my hacks (even thought I had updated everything for free time).  I started off putting in my Pescado folder and although I could get my Sim pregnant, she wouldn't get her bump and I would get an error log again when I tried to speed up her pregancy.  Does the error log I had posted earlier tell which hack is causing the problem or should I just download the DC again?

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 May 27, 20:48:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you try running the hack conflict detector? That'll usually show tight pants. I'd try that first, then binary if it doesn't show anything.

If you do binary, I'd suggest pulling out Pescado hacks first and retrying. They should all be clean.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 May 27, 22:42:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you do binary, I'd suggest pulling out Pescado hacks first and retrying. They should all be clean.

I play only with awesome hacks and a couple of TJ things.  No problems (apart from the persistent inability to kill certain townies).  Awesome hacks are not causing this problem.

Tribulatio proxima est
InABox
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 May 28, 00:56:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately, it must be an awesome hack causing the problem as those are the only hacks that I have put back into the game so far (and please note that I am humbly bowing before the Great One in hopes that he won't destroy me for saying that an awesome hack is causing the problem - I know it must be something that I've done).  I'm going to download the DC right now and see if that solves it.

Oh, and yes Zazazu, I had run the hack conflict detector before (great program).  It only showed that TwoJeffs visitor controller was conflicting with Pescado's hacks but as long as they loaded one after another (which they were doing) there shouldn't have been a problem.

InABox
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 May 28, 01:28:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New DC and no problem occurring.  Obviously my previous DC must have become corrupt when I originally downloaded it.  Now I've got to see if the other hacks were causing any problems as well. 

InABox
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 May 28, 02:10:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All of my hacks are back in.  My Sims are able to get pregnant and give birth.  I checked all my Sim females who were in pregnancy limbo and upon entering the lot each one popped out a pregnancy belly.  Thank the gods ... oh, and of course, thank everyone here for their help.  You guys are great!

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 May 28, 05:47:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you must have had an old version of nopregannoy.package.  It did that when not updated for either freetime or freetime patch 1, I don't remember.

Remember, Pescado's hacks are updated often.  You should check for a new DC at least once a week, not just right after a new EP.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: