More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 22, 07:22:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Phone conversation - Not getting +5 Randomly
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Phone conversation - Not getting +5 Randomly  (Read 2112 times)
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Phone conversation - Not getting +5 Randomly
« on: 2006 October 05, 11:49:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been wondering, why, during phone conversations, when i'm trying to build up daily relationships, i will get a group of only +2 daily (4 or 5 in a row) after the normal +5, switches to +2, then back to +5.  Example, at 40 daily, it starts increasing at +2, then when it hits 50 it'll switch over to +5 again.   Is this just something Maxis throws in to drive me insane?   If yes, is it possible to change it with a hack?   I'm using Autoyak.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
Re: Phone conversation - Not getting +5 Randomly
« Reply #1 on: 2006 October 05, 12:03:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably has to do with topic compatibility. If both Sims are engaged in a high-interest topic you get the +5 REL. If it's high for one but not the other (but still over 5 points) you get +2 REL. If one Sim has a high interest in the topic and below 5 for the other, you get -REL. I've done some research into the matter (though not overly extensive), but still I might be talking out of my ass, heh.

Let the Beast inside you free!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Phone conversation - Not getting +5 Randomly
« Reply #2 on: 2006 October 06, 10:02:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the critical point for -rel is actually 4 bars, but I'd have to look at the exact value. Basically, interests less than 4 bars mean fingers-in-ears.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: