More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 22, 06:47:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Can't change lot zoning in OFB?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can't change lot zoning in OFB?  (Read 2055 times)
shezoe
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
Can't change lot zoning in OFB?
« on: 2006 March 09, 03:31:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone tried to change lot zoning in OFB yet?  Were you successful? Undecided I've tried to change a residential to a commercial and a commercial to a residential. It SEEMS to work-it's listed in the neighbordhood as changed, but with the residential~>commercial-i couldn't enter it either by calling and going to a commercial lot because it was greyed out and told me i couldn't go there because there was a saved game in progress. i couldn't enter it from the neighborhood because it said there was a family visting it right now (which there wasn't) then i tried to turn commercial to residential, cuz i'd decided i wanted my sim to live above his business.  Again-it SEEMED to change to residential. He could buy it from the neighborhood-it loaded with his lil picture like normal, but when it opened-he wasn't there.  Go back out to the neighborhood and the lil green plumb bob is there-saying he lives there-but no sign of him from within the lot-The Character icon is greyed out like in build mode before anyone buys it.  Does anyone know anything about that? Am i missing something really simple?  And why on earth would Maxis make a "run your own business" game and still not allow cars on commercial lots so you can have a car lot?  >>>frustration level rising about now<<<  Big thank you's to anyone who knows what's up  Smiley

edit: k-i keep forgetting about wholesale mode so you can place odd things, so that frustration was my own stupidity. Is my other frustration the same?  Tongue >sigh<

edit #2-i sold my sims business back to the community prior to trying to change the zoning. i figured trying to change the lot zoning on an owned business would cause a glitch so that can't be it.... or maybe it is...errrr.....
« Last Edit: 2006 March 09, 04:24:33 by shezoe » Logged

"I had always felt life first a story: and if there is a story there is a story-teller."
~G.K. Chesterton~
VyeOlin
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Can't change lot zoning in OFB?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 10, 03:33:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi, I have the same problem with a lot but didn't try to change it. I was going to see if I could get someone to move in the lot and start a business if that would change it in the event they moved out.  Or would it just reset back to a residential lot.  Oh well, will have to experiment on this one.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: