More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 17, 06:34:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Maxis content not showing up?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Maxis content not showing up?  (Read 2415 times)
Ayslhyn
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Maxis content not showing up?
« on: 2006 December 13, 16:59:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was idly browsing through the collections folders in buy mode earlier on today and came across a number of items that show up in the folders but which do not show in standard buy mode, either residential or community.
When clicked on no item appears in-game, Strange.
Anyone else come across this?

CrabOfDoom
Asinine Airhead

death by tray it shall be

View Profile
Re: Maxis content not showing up?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 December 13, 17:49:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I have, yes. I don't go through the collections, just the whole catalog, but I've noticed the 2-tile concrete coffee table is 'missing'. It doesn't show the recolor icon from CEP like everything else does, and as you said, when I click it, nothing happens.

The file must be there, though, because Nervous Subject still has that coffee table in his new home. I put it in his inventory from the Beakers' house when he moved out. I took it out after move-in, and it works normally. It does exist, just... not according to the catalog.

What's causing it? I have no clue. I haven't noticed any other objects behaving this way, but I tend to keep going back to my favorite Maxis objects, and perhaps simply haven't noticed any others - so I'm not sure if it's the same objects disappearing for both of us, or something more random.
Ayslhyn
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 December 13, 17:59:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder if some of this stuff has been overwritten by CC? I can't think of any other reason why standard Maxis content would disappear from the catalogue.

Siri
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 December 13, 21:37:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have a lot with the missing objects, use the eyedropper tool on them... it will show you if its overwritten by a custom object...
blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 December 14, 00:40:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have a lot with the missing objects, use the eyedropper tool on them... it will show you if its overwritten by a custom object...
That doesn't necessarily mean that that specific item is overwriting it (at least it didn't work for me a couple of times. But in either case "with thumbnail there and object not showing" and "no thumbnail at all", it's custom content that's conflicting.
I take out my download folder, usually just the tables, if say, it's a table that's disappeared, and check to see if it has appeared, if it has, then I put half of everything (all tables) in, check, if it's still there, put the rest in 10 by 10, if the last 10 made it disappear again, I take those ten out and put them in one by one again. That way I can weed out the culprit. It takes some work, and I can't remember when an object went missing usually, and most of the time, the creator gets a few mails and has it fixed already. Good luck!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: