More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 01:10:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  What do all these error messages mean in the cheat window?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What do all these error messages mean in the cheat window?  (Read 2197 times)
minonda
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
What do all these error messages mean in the cheat window?
« on: 2006 August 12, 23:19:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm hoping someone can tell me what this is all about: when I opened the cheat window, which I never use, about 100 error messages appeared, like these:

.\source\GZSceneGraphMaterialManager.cpp(997)
WARNING MaterialManager: Unknown material definition 'treejapanesemaple_layeredjapanesemaplelod90_branch_sub[layeredjapanesemaplelod90]', handle 611 -- substituting dummy material definition
WARNING MaterialManager: Unknown material definition 'parkbenchlod90', handle 473 -- substituting dummy material definition
WARNING MaterialManager: Unknown material definition 'canlod90', handle 460 -- substituting dummy material definition
WARNING MaterialManager: Unknown material definition 'lightingstreetlightlod90_pole_material_sub[lightingstreetlightlod90_pole_material]', handle 283 -- substituting dummy material definition
WARNING MaterialManager: Unknown material definition 'lightingstreetlightlod90_streetlight_material_sub[lightingstreetlightlod90_streetlight_material]', handle 859 -- substituting dummy material definition

That's just a sample; there was a lot more. I have Sim PE installed -- could that be where this is coming from? I was having a serious problem  after a few weeks of no problems at all, and I removed a bunch of hacks that I had downloaded. I thought I might have turned aging off when I did that (I had downloaded a hack to keep elders from living so long), because the baby in one of my families was taking forever to become a toddler, so I wanted to turn aging on through cheats. I saw all those errors, and decided that I should uninstall Sims 2 because someone had told me that one of the problems I was having was a sign of a "catastrophic" error.

I uninstalled everything (with problems along the way) then restored my saved neighborhood. The family lot wouldn't open, so I figured I had to start all over again from scratch, and went through the uninstallation and reinstallation again. I thought everything was fresh and new, and then I opened the cheats window and see all these error messages.

Can someone tell me if this is some critical problem? What do I do to get the game the way it would be fresh out of the box? Why wouldn't the errors be uninstalled when I uninstalled the game? I hope someone can give me a clue about what's going on. I don't want to start a neighborood for the third time if I already have serious problems with the game. Thank you.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
Re: What do all these error messages mean in the cheat window?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 12, 23:58:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The errors in the cheat window are harmless. Nothing is wrong with your game.
« Last Edit: 2006 August 13, 00:04:54 by Venusy » Logged

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
minonda
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: What do all these error messages mean in the cheat window?
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 13, 00:02:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you. That's a relief.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: