More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 14:41:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Any way to Remove Badges rather than just set them to Bronze or some crap likeit
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Any way to Remove Badges rather than just set them to Bronze or some crap likeit  (Read 18397 times)
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Any way to Remove Badges rather than just set them to Bronze or some crap li
« Reply #25 on: 2006 March 29, 22:55:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So whats the debug command for removing badges, or - I guess I could do some homework and see if it's on any pie menus.  Roll Eyes

If I remember well it is in the "spawn" menu that you get by clicking on your Sim while the "testingcheats" is on.  A little play boat will appear and you can clic on it to add or remove bagdes to your Sims (works the same way as the tombstone of L & D).
Zoltan
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Any way to Remove Badges rather than just set them to Bronze or some crap li
« Reply #26 on: 2006 March 29, 23:04:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, Just wow, I made a slight insult just becuase I first got a relatively useless answer and everyone is shitcanning me in retaliation. At least Motoki became more helpful along the way and didn't seem to take it so personal unlike you, The Internet sure is serious business for some of you people (if not most)!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Well I'm off, got stuff to do.

uh huh    Roll Eyes  you are new, people dont know you and you flip off with rude remarks?  not a smart way of starting off; you are beginning to sound like some Rooster Boy or UncoolOne pretty damned quickly
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 March 29, 23:05:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great! Another evening editing sims instead of playing.  Grin

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Any way to Remove Badges rather than just set them to Bronze or some crap likeit
« Reply #28 on: 2006 March 29, 23:15:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It was a bit rude and it irked me at the time but I've been called FAR worse.  Grin

SimPE is your friend. It can do almost anything. The only downside is having to exit the game to do it and put up with the long loading time when you reload it again (well if you have as much custom content as I do anyhow).

Who knew the badge juicer doesn't work on teens? I bet you Maxis didn't even realize that. Wink

There's another hack someone at MTS2 made (Squinge maybe?) similar to the badge juicer but different. Apparently, I've heard it can even assign badges to kids.  Shocked I'm at work and too lazy to look for it though. Tongue

Finally, there's another option that hasn't been mentioned yet. You can always do what Pescado does, underpay them!  Wink

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 March 29, 23:19:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, Just wow, I made a slight insult just becuase I first got a relatively useless answer and everyone is shitcanning me in retaliation. At least Motoki became more helpful along the way and didn't seem to take it so personal unlike you, The Internet sure is serious business for some of you people (if not most)!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Well I'm off, got stuff to do.

I'm puzzled as to why you expected everyone here to be experts and give you an immediate answer, and then got huffy when your assumptions proved to be false. Go ahead and act as superior and I-don't-care as you like; you still come across like a child that's been denied a sweet who is storming off to its room and going "FINE! I didn't want it anyway!"

veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 March 30, 00:03:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki, there was no cause to call you anything. He asked a general question without details, and you gave a general answer. What else could you have said to that person?

You were supposed to know what it was he (or she) wanted how? By osmosis? ESP? Thought-channeling? Now I do have great faith in your talents, Motoki, but I don't think even you can do it that way.

For someone that just started posting in a forum, this was a very silly move. Uncouth behavior like that is not looked upon kindly by the majority of people, whether it's on the internet, in social situations, or any other interactive situation.

Yeah Zoltan, that thought immediately flashed through my mind, but then I remembered that I was in the Podium. Cheesy

Go Renatus, I couldn't have said it better myself.

Edited: because I only just now saw Witch's post... how's that for being outraged. Was I so angry that I couldn't see straight?
The badges appear pretty quickly when you click on 'set to', but don't click on 'Increase'. When I did that in my game, the sim started to spin around (the 'dress - undress' spin).
I was curious, so I let it happen, and he didn't stop spinning until the badge had increased to the next level. It was pretty funny, but took quite a while. I only used the little boat/badge juicer for a little while, to increase to bronze faster. When JM came out with his fix, I didn't use it anymore. I didn't know about the teen thing either, I'm behind in my mind reading exercises, or so it seems.
« Last Edit: 2006 March 30, 00:18:59 by veilchen » Logged

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 March 30, 00:38:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When JM came out with his fix, I didn't use it anymore. I didn't know about the teen thing either, I'm behind in my mind reading exercises, or so it seems.

Huh? His fix is out? Where? Do tell.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 March 30, 01:44:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Her ya go Idtaminger:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=3420.0

It's just for the cashier badge though, but that's all I needed anyway. The other badges are fairly easy to get, and not as annoying as seeing even a pixel person behaving as if their brain suddenly switched off.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Re: Any way to Remove Badges rather than just set them to Bronze or some crap likeit
« Reply #33 on: 2006 March 30, 12:04:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who knew the badge juicer doesn't work on teens?

Well, if you don't have teens in your game, there's no way you could know. I knew because I have teens still hanging around (trying for the last and somewhat elusive 'ET' scholarship) even though I should be packing them off to college already.

The badges appear pretty quickly when you click on 'set to', but don't click on 'Increase'. When I did that in my game, the sim started to spin around (the 'dress - undress' spin).

I tried that too, and decided that's pretty handy (I tend to get impatient sometimes), rather than handing them a badge without them having to work for it at least some Grin. Give Knowledge sims with maxed out skills something to want too, although it's not necessarily a want limited to Knowledge sims only.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 March 30, 12:44:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Danke Veilchen, the Badge Juicer works perfectly.

radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 March 30, 14:10:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why would want you remove the badges? Just because they have a certain badge, doesn't mean they have to do the job associated with it, and they can still earn other badges. Besides, you never know when you'll need them again.

Instant gratification takes too long.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 March 30, 14:16:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the issue was that a badge that you don't need them to have and won't ever have them use will still factor into their pay and thus you will need to pay them more. Unless you are Pescado, then you won't care and will pay them as little as possible.

radiophonic
Lipless Loser

Quirky Liberal Alpha Male

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 March 30, 14:23:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, I see. Need more coffee before I post silly questions.

No, I'm not JM but my workers don't get paid squat regardless.  Cheesy
I've been trying to hire the neighborhood kids to make shoes and small, worthless plastic toys with "Made In Sim City" stamped on the bottom.

Instant gratification takes too long.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 March 31, 05:35:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the issue was that a badge that you don't need them to have and won't ever have them use will still factor into their pay and thus you will need to pay them more. Unless you are Pescado, then you won't care and will pay them as little as possible.

I don't know how JM gets away with it, if I pay sims anything under 'fair' their plumbob goes red, they go and shout and stomp at the business owner, then they quit. Sad

MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 March 31, 07:02:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Witch, Pescado have his own little secrets but now he issued his secret.  You can download the new and shiny "relevant wages + wage fix" mod.
Daria
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 March 31, 08:31:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And the insult was necessary b/c??? If you didn't realize, most pple don't take to assholes very kindly. Especially lazy ones. With your social skills, I'm sure you fare so well IRL.  Roll Eyes Toodles!  Kiss
I'm not defending the first poster, but really.. the irony fairly drips off this post.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 March 31, 09:25:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And the insult was necessary b/c??? If you didn't realize, most pple don't take to assholes very kindly. Especially lazy ones. With your social skills, I'm sure you fare so well IRL.  Roll Eyes Toodles!  Kiss
I'm not defending the first poster, but really.. the irony fairly drips off this post.

Yeah, but it's the wrong kind. Not the friendly kind. There is no obligation to help him in the first place, and he was rude when the first solution didn't work. Not cool.

Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2006 March 31, 09:33:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just as an aside here, it's a little tricky to figure out the badge thing in SimPE.  The info that needs changed is in the Memories section.  I discovered it quite by accident, then ended up setting some sims to gold badges when I really only wanted bronze ones.

aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 March 31, 09:43:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry to say, but I just downloaded the badge juicer and it ummm.....probably conflicts with another hack.

I had one sim quit on me even though he was fairly paid and didn't quit before the hack install. Also, every hour, I got multiple (and I mean lots and lots) of -$amounts come off my sims takings.

Anyhow, I got rid of it the hack- no sims was dissatisfied with their wage and I wasn't losing money hand over fist before installing this hack.

Should have known better to use a non-awesome hack!!  Sad

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 March 31, 10:09:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not a hack, though, not really - all the downloadable version is is one you don't have to spawn through boolprop. It's just pulling from something already in the game.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 March 31, 10:24:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Witch, Pescado have his own little secrets but now he issued his secret.  You can download the new and shiny "relevant wages + wage fix" mod.
No, this simply makes them demand relevant wages.

I underpay them anyway. Tongue

I have people slaving at $6/hr. Whee!
* J. M. Pescado crack whip.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 March 31, 11:22:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So how do you stop them quitting?

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 March 31, 15:00:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He uses playables that his owner has a high relatioship with and who are already in platinum so they are in a good mood regardless of their needs.

idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 March 31, 21:06:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What irony? Pray tell? Social etiquette doesn't require me to be friendly to the unfriendly. Well, unless you happen to be in customer service.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 March 31, 21:21:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He uses playables that his owner has a high relatioship with and who are already in platinum so they are in a good mood regardless of their needs.

Ah, so I am on the right track when I'm trying to make my business owners into friends with their staff. I've been playing with the Maxis families with motherlode on, I wanted to try out all facets before I played with my own families, I grievously overpaid the staff 'cos I couldn't be bothered setting up new staff all the time.

I did get the issue JM mentions, where non-managerial-staff suddenly left with pay in the red because the game decided they needed manager wages, glad he sussed that little glitch out.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: