More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 20:49:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Any way to Remove Badges rather than just set them to Bronze or some crap likeit
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Any way to Remove Badges rather than just set them to Bronze or some crap likeit  (Read 18398 times)
Mackson
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Any way to Remove Badges rather than just set them to Bronze or some crap likeit
« on: 2006 March 29, 17:43:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok so I'm really fed up with having to pay some of my workers more than others just because they have BS badges to tasks they are never going to perform, mainly townies.

Does anybody know how I can remove their uneeded badges so that I don't have to pay them more than other co-workers performing the same task? It's unjust!

Please help for great justice!
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Any way to Remove Badges rather than just set them to Bronze or some crap likeit
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 29, 17:45:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a number of hacks and cheats to do this, including but not limited to the infamous 'boolprop'.  Grin

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Mackson
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Any way to Remove Badges rather than just set them to Bronze or some crap li
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 29, 17:46:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And still You can't mention any working examples? I've tried a whole load of things including boolprop but I'm not getting anywhere!

Thanks for nothing, bud.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
Re: Any way to Remove Badges rather than just set them to Bronze or some crap likeit
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 29, 17:48:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ever hear of being resourceful and getting off your lazy ass?

Gee, I wonder if the option called the BADGE JUICER might have anything to do with badges? Hmm...  Roll Eyes

Mackson
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Any way to Remove Badges rather than just set them to Bronze or some crap li
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 29, 17:52:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It can't remove the badges with badge juicer, only set them from bronze to gold. Roll Eyes
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 29, 17:54:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay well then let's see. The Insimenator and SimPE seem to be able to do most everything else. Maybe, just MAYBE they might be able to remove badges.

Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 29, 18:02:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jumping right into hostility because the first response is not the one you wanted is a good way to get no help at all. Have you actually tried the badge juicer to find out that badges can't be removed with it? If so, you should have stated that and anything else you tried in your first post.

InSim does have options relating to badges and may be able to remove them, but it may simply emulate the same functionality of the badge juicer; it may be that your only option is SimPE until/if the time comes that some enterprising modder wants to do something about it.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 29, 18:04:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No Insim can remove them because I've done it. I've never used the badge juicer so I admit I was just assuming there.

SimPE can do it too.

In general, 95% of character editing can be done with either SimPE or Insimenator or both. If there's something I want to edit about a character, I always try one of those two first and between the two I can almost always do what I want to do.

Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 March 29, 18:08:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No Insim can remove them because I've done it. I've never used the badge juicer so I admit I was just assuming there.

Good to know! I just popped over and looked at the documentation, and since it only said something about adding badges I wasn't sure.

C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 March 29, 18:12:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I may be hallucinating, but I thought I saw the badge juicer has an option to 'clear badges'? That doesn't remove badges?
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 March 29, 18:14:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I went through the very tedious process about of rolling random badges for all my 'playable townies' (playable sims I made with the intention of never playing but just to have as friends and breeding material etc) I accidentally assigned a couple the wrong badge and was able to remove it with the Insimenator.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 March 29, 18:16:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I may be hallucinating, but I thought I saw the badge juicer has an option to 'clear badges'? That doesn't remove badges?

Okay I just checked and confirmed. No you aren't hallucinating. It's there look:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=136173&highlight=juicer

Not sure if it clears one or clears them all, but even if it does clear them all, it's easy enough to set the ones you actually want back after you clear them.

Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 March 29, 18:18:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, so our boy here just jumped to conclusions and was rude about it rather than doing the least bit of footwork himself. Way to go, Mackson!

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2006 March 29, 18:37:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM has mentioned that he is planning a mod (or addition to a current mod, not sure) that will not include non-relevant badges when wages are calculated.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 March 29, 19:26:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now now... what I think is maybe Mackson have no idea of how to make a townie selectable so he can actually use boolprop on it to clear the badges.

There is a mind control mirror you can get that can do that.. I just don't remember where to get *sigh*.

But then again, if I am not mistaken, you can make any Sim selectable using the "testing cheats" right?
Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2006 March 29, 19:33:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup.  And it actually works now.  Turn testing cheats on (boolprop testingCheatsEnabled true), shift+click on the sim, select "Make Selectable".  Very useful for when you are aging up townies using the agesims cheat so that you can give them normal Aspirations (instead of teens with Grow-Up as their aspiration).
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 March 29, 19:48:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mind Control Mirror is available on simchaotics.com.

I can't recall exactly right now, but if  Mackson is talking about townie teens, then s/he may be right that
It can't remove the badges with badge juicer, only set them from bronze to gold.
but there's always the agesimscheat.

Edit: no option to remove the badges not because they are townies, but because they are teens.
Mackson
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 March 29, 20:05:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki:

Thanks for recommending SimPE, I tried it first and couldn't find my way around to the badges. But your recommendation encouraged me to give it another go and I was able to remove badges without any problems by deleting their badges in their memories. (something I had in mind at first but didn't expect would work). I'm not sure about "Insimenator" but It doesn't look like I will be needing it for now.

Renatus:

For the hostility part, I disagree.

Now about the badge juicer, You're only half-right about the "clear badge" option being there.

Fact - If you're playing a teen you CAN'T clear any badges at all with the Badge Juicer. Don't believe me anyone? Just go and see for yourself!

I'm not sure what conclusion you believe I have jumped to, but I will tell you what it is: I jumped to the conclusion that you guys were familiar with the Badge Juicer lacking options. But I myself was not aware of the "clear badge..." option being there for adults.

Missdoh + Ruann:

I already know how to make them selectable, no worries.

To all:

My apologies for leaving stuff out, I had the urge to resolve this a bit quickly. I will try to take the time to be as detailed as possible from now on about any other problems I might encounter that I can't seem to find any way out of, ok?
Mackson
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 March 29, 20:17:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mind Control Mirror is available on simchaotics.com.

I can't recall exactly right now, but if  Mackson is talking about townie teens, then s/he may be right that
It can't remove the badges with badge juicer, only set them from bronze to gold.
but there's always the agesimscheat.

Edit: no option to remove the badges not because they are townies, but because they are teens.

CuriousSpurious is correct!

Is that cheat reversible btw? If not I prefer to edit them with SimPE intill something better pops up, like maybe a patch that will fix this.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 March 29, 20:27:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The agesimscheat is reversible at any time.

What I would suggest you do is age it up to adult, make your changes and you can right after age it down again to teen and save your lot.

I made many Sims I was curious of how they will look when older age up and then down with no problem ingame.

Actually you can select what age group directly you want it to reach instead of just being able to grow-up.

Edit:  Don't worry about all this, some members here are just grumpy some days (but of course not always).

Edit2:  You are right Ness his/her first reply was rude and Motoki 1st reply did not encourage in any way such kind of reply.  I did not really read it at 1st but read it now.
« Last Edit: 2006 March 29, 22:20:14 by MissDoh » Logged
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 March 29, 21:14:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mackson, you seem to be the only person who doesn't view your response to Motoki as hostile.

It's just downright rude!

In text-based communication you need to be really careful how you say something or it is very easy to get the wrong impression.  One post misintepreted can colour the entire way you are perceived in a forum!   
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 March 29, 22:06:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So whats the debug command for removing badges, or - I guess I could do some homework and see if it's on any pie menus.  Roll Eyes

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 March 29, 22:25:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for nothing, bud.

I gotta jump in here - the above statement was crude and rude.

As my momma used to say: you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. Bud.
Mackson
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 March 29, 22:44:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wow, Just wow, I made a slight insult just becuase I first got a relatively useless answer and everyone is shitcanning me in retaliation. At least Motoki became more helpful along the way and didn't seem to take it so personal unlike you, The Internet sure is serious business for some of you people (if not most)!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Well I'm off, got stuff to do.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 March 29, 22:49:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So whats the debug command for removing badges, or - I guess I could do some homework and see if it's on any pie menus.  Roll Eyes
I don't think it's so much a debug command as an option on a spawned object.

Wow, Just wow, I made a slight insult just becuase I first got a relatively useless answer and everyone is shitcanning me in retaliation.
And the insult was necessary b/c??? If you didn't realize, most pple don't take to assholes very kindly. Especially lazy ones. With your social skills, I'm sure you fare so well IRL.  Roll Eyes Toodles!  Kiss
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: