More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 20:51:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  Armoire of Invincibility
| | |-+  AwesomeMod!
| | | |-+  Game will not start
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Game will not start  (Read 30645 times)
Disneyworld
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Game will not start
« Reply #25 on: 2009 November 28, 06:12:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I uninstalled and reinstalled sims 3 wa, reinstalled the framework, checked everything, but the only way I can get the progress bar at the beginning loading screen to move at all is to remove awesome mod. I have no other core mods. Please help Sad
sabmax
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009 November 28, 06:16:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually he stated that he REMOVED everything else and STILL had the problem !

Well I am here to say I have this exact same problem and i've done EVERYTHING and it STILL dont work , ALL other mods and downloads work fine BUT this one !

As with him my game gets to the WA loading screen and the progress bar doesnt budge a millimeter and the cursor spins away for eternity with no music , as soon as i take out the awsomemod my game loads fine ...

So dont criticize someone who is having problems because there are more than JUST ONE who have this problem !
Bahr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009 November 28, 06:26:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Same problem here, which is odd.. The beta version worked perfect in 1.7, not even a hic-cup. On installing WA yesterday  and placing the newwest Awesome back in again, I've now got the problem with the loading screen progress bar not moving. Cleared the caches, cleared out any other mods and tested again, and it died out again. Double checked my framework/resource.cfg, and everythings in order.
Odd.
Invalidwtf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009 November 28, 06:43:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The crazy thing is the framework is there and nothing works as if it wasn't. What's crazy is that it did work for some time, but when i installed the expansion, it started happening again. I tried to make everything be the same, but it's not working. To everyone that is having the problem: are you using a portable drive like me to put the game in? I'm wondering if that's a factor. Also i'm sorry about complaining before, i was stressed and posting complaints doesn't help.
Bahr
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009 November 28, 07:45:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, it looks like I found my problem, it wasn't Awesome mod really. Something was bad with the d3dx9_31.dll I had in my ...\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 World Adventures\Game\Bin folder. I changed the bad one out with the one from Awesome's framework again, from a fresh download..
Bam, game loaded.
If all else fails, give it a try.
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009 November 28, 08:43:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am actually going to quote from an older post about this topic:

Check your installation of the "framework."  If you downloaded AwesomeMod from the beta link in the very first post in this thread, there should also be a RAR file in your download which contains the framework. You will unzip that file and install the (still empty) files in both places (that is to the base game root installation directory and also to the World Adventures root installation directory (this is most likely C:\Program Files, or in the case of a 64-bit operating system it would be C:\Program Files (x86)). 

Also within that RAR file will be a file called d3dx9_31.dll.  You will need to copy that into the Game>Bin folders of BOTH directories. 

There is also a file called Resource.cfg.  If I am correct, that file needs to be placed into whichever root directory you have installed AwesomeMod.

As far as the actual placement of AwesomeMod, I would suggest you begin by installing into the base game installation directory - Mods>Packages; if that does not work, then try installing it to World Adventures>Mods>Packages.  Remember to move the Resource.cfg with AwesomeMod. 

I don't know why, but I have had to install AwesomeMod and any other mods to the WA subdirectory to get them to work.  Also, remember you cannot have two core mods - so you cannot use AwesomeMod and that Gabriel mod that was mentioned together.

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
Scatterlung
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009 November 28, 10:15:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lurker just made an account to reply to this thread..

Alright, I had the same problem, Quickly solved it by opening the AwesoMod RAR file, opening the Framework RAR/ZIP within that, and unzipping it to The Sims 3 folder. That's (typically) C:/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3. Just doing that worked for me.
Disneyworld
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009 November 28, 17:05:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I finally got my game to start Smiley I placed the awesome files in the mods>packages folder in The sims 3 world adventures folder, I also had to place the d3hll whatever file in the game >bin folder Smiley
Stingyray
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009 November 28, 18:18:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check your installation of the "framework."  If you downloaded AwesomeMod from the beta link in the very first post in this thread, there should also be a RAR file in your download which contains the framework. You will unzip that file and install the (still empty) files in both places (that is to the base game root installation directory and also to the World Adventures root installation directory (this is most likely C:\Program Files, or in the case of a 64-bit operating system it would be C:\Program Files (x86)). 

Also within that RAR file will be a file called d3dx9_31.dll.  You will need to copy that into the Game>Bin folders of BOTH directories. 

There is also a file called Resource.cfg.  If I am correct, that file needs to be placed into whichever root directory you have installed AwesomeMod.

As far as the actual placement of AwesomeMod, I would suggest you begin by installing into the base game installation directory - Mods>Packages; if that does not work, then try installing it to World Adventures>Mods>Packages.  Remember to move the Resource.cfg with AwesomeMod. 

I don't know why, but I have had to install AwesomeMod and any other mods to the WA subdirectory to get them to work.  Also, remember you cannot have two core mods - so you cannot use AwesomeMod and that Gabriel mod that was mentioned together.

I love you!
Invalidwtf
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009 November 28, 21:26:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Problem solved for me too. Except in my case i didn't get that file at all in the helper monkey download like i thought i did. I just put it in and everything is back to normal. Thank you all again for the helpful advice.
Daria
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009 November 28, 21:51:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

coconnor's information worked for me too, although my game is still randomly being killed by something (it crashes to desktop with no warning).  

The MTS2 link advising how to stop Windows from causing it doesn't seem to have fixed the problem, although I find it very easy to believe that Windows is behind this one rather than the game itself, simply from the fact that it falls over completely cleanly - one second it's running, the next I'm looking at my desktop and the entire Sims3 process has gone bye-bye.

So at least I can get the game to load again: now I just can't keep it running. I've tried creating new neighbourhoods and new Sims in case something's corrupted, but it's still borked.  My only hack is Awesomemod, and no cc anymore aside from a half-dozen custom hairs that I'm going to take out before trying again.  I really didn't want to do that, since they're very pretty, but as Blackadder says, "(you do what you) must when the devil vomits into your kettle".

I'm getting Windows 7 shortly; if removing the hairs and starting a new neighbourhood doesn't work, I might just give the whole thing a miss until then since it'll require re-installation at that point.
Stingyray
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2009 November 28, 22:47:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

coconnor's information worked for me too, although my game is still randomly being killed by something (it crashes to desktop with no warning).  

The MTS2 link advising how to stop Windows from causing it doesn't seem to have fixed the problem, although I find it very easy to believe that Windows is behind this one rather than the game itself, simply from the fact that it falls over completely cleanly - one second it's running, the next I'm looking at my desktop and the entire Sims3 process has gone bye-bye.

So at least I can get the game to load again: now I just can't keep it running. I've tried creating new neighbourhoods and new Sims in case something's corrupted, but it's still borked.  My only hack is Awesomemod, and no cc anymore aside from a half-dozen custom hairs that I'm going to take out before trying again.  I really didn't want to do that, since they're very pretty, but as Blackadder says, "(you do what you) must when the devil vomits into your kettle".

I'm getting Windows 7 shortly; if removing the hairs and starting a new neighbourhood doesn't work, I might just give the whole thing a miss until then since it'll require re-installation at that point.

Same thing happened to me as-well. Someone here suggested using the Awesomemod story driver feature and it worked for me.
Incognito
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2009 November 28, 23:13:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have tried all of the advice in this threat, but when it came to following the advice quoted by coconner on installing the files into the World Adventures root installation directory, I find that I don't HAVE any World Adventures folders, just those for the base game.
aymiee
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2009 November 29, 01:04:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can we all stop being retarded and install the framework in the WA directory please? TY.
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009 November 29, 02:24:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh look, the noobs who said it was flawed and it didn't work are all managing to get it to work when they READ AND FOLLOW DIRECTIONS. I'm proud of you all!
Daria
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2009 November 29, 04:18:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh look, the noobs who said it was flawed and it didn't work are all managing to get it to work when they READ AND FOLLOW DIRECTIONS. I'm proud of you all!
What makes your post particularly retarded is that, as 'noobs', we're deliberately avoiding the option for 'OR Framework (Advanced users only)' in the main Awesomemod download thread.  And that, apparently, is where one of the problems is to be found, because the InstallerMonkey isn't installing those extra files that are in the Framework package.

Of course, if you'd taken the time to actually read the thread, you'd have worked that out.  Instead you came by, with nothing to contribute, and took pot shots. Good on you.  You're won the I Have No Useful Skills So I'll Just Point And Laugh Award for today.
Franziska
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2009 November 29, 04:30:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have tried all of the advice in this threat, but when it came to following the advice quoted by coconner on installing the files into the World Adventures root installation directory, I find that I don't HAVE any World Adventures folders, just those for the base game.

If you're playing with the latest patched base game, the files go there, of course. AwesomeMod should run fine anyway.

If the game crashes to desktop, is it possible that it occurs always around 1 o'clock in the morning (in-game time)? Then enabling AwesomeStory should really work, it did for me.

What makes your post particularly retarded is that, as 'noobs', we're deliberately avoiding the option for 'OR Framework (Advanced users only)' in the main Awesomemod download thread.  And that, apparently, is where one of the problems is to be found, because the InstallerMonkey isn't installing those extra files that are in the Framework package.

Of course, if you'd taken the time to actually read the thread, you'd have worked that out.  Instead you came by, with nothing to contribute, and took pot shots. Good on you.  You're won the I Have No Useful Skills So I'll Just Point And Laugh Award for today.

You do realise that this is MATY? It's what we do, we point and laugh! And some of you weren't exactly better than this, I remember things like "this mod is flawed because I can't get it to work"! And yes, as far as my stat count says, I'm a 'noob', too. But usually I lurk. Maybe you should do that, too. At least if you can't stand being sporked.

« Last Edit: 2009 November 30, 03:45:43 by JoshuasMama » Logged

-Define "interesting"! - Oh God, oh God, we're all gonna die?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esTVVjpTzIY
BlahBlah
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2009 November 29, 23:25:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alrite everyone says to put it in the world adventures folder but illbe honest when i do everything doesnt show up the resource file is there and still doesnt show up its very annoying and id rather keep it in the base game files further more id like a help for dummies cause while i love to play computer games but when u talk with big words and some what complicated instructions my brain fries.
Franziska
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2009 November 30, 01:09:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alrite everyone says to put it in the world adventures folder but illbe honest when i do everything doesnt show up the resource file is there and still doesnt show up its very annoying and id rather keep it in the base game files further more id like a help for dummies cause while i love to play computer games but when u talk with big words and some what complicated instructions my brain fries.

Well, not everyone says to put in in the WA files. Apparently, Our Fearless Leader said it worked for him in the base game folders. Try it, see what happens. It might work.
Another thing, unrelated to AM: please, please try to use punctuation! It's really hard to read and to get what you want to say. And I have to say that the explanation coconnor's given IS the one for dummies. I won't bother to give you another. Read it, more than once if necessary.

thenightgaunt
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2009 November 30, 04:28:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same problem (no other mods) with the game locking at the load screen with no music. Putting the Framework files in the WA directory as well did the trick. Thanks.
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2009 November 30, 04:34:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What makes your post particularly retarded is that, as 'noobs', we're deliberately avoiding the option for 'OR Framework (Advanced users only)' in the main Awesomemod download thread.  And that, apparently, is where one of the problems is to be found, because the InstallerMonkey isn't installing those extra files that are in the Framework package.

Of course, if you'd taken the time to actually read the thread, you'd have worked that out.  Instead you came by, with nothing to contribute, and took pot shots. Good on you.  You're won the I Have No Useful Skills So I'll Just Point And Laugh Award for today.

Oh please, don't try to belittle me about not reading the thread. If you had read my reply you would have seen I said "the noobs who said it was flawed" so clearly I wasn't speaking to YOU if that is not your case but if the shoe fits, wear it. You're still a noob if you need some silly monkey thing, clearly there would be no issue if you weren't STUPID. Since you were so generous to provide me with an award, in italics even, I officially award you with the You can see my butthurt award. Display it with pride.
BlahBlah
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2009 November 30, 05:06:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So i read the post adn did as instructed guess what happens i go to load my game and boom it says unable to start game and it crashes doesnt even go to the loading screen or the sims3 plumbob fancy show.  i uninstalled both games and helper monkey and now im getting this error opening file for writing \game\bin\d3dxp_31.ll .  why would this be a problem and why the hell if everything is deleted that this still shows up! i searched for it 3 times and it says its not on my computer
Franziska
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2009 November 30, 05:27:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So i read the post adn did as instructed guess what happens i go to load my game and boom it says unable to start game and it crashes doesnt even go to the loading screen or the sims3 plumbob fancy show.  i uninstalled both games and helper monkey and now im getting this error opening file for writing \game\bin\d3dxp_31.ll .  why would this be a problem and why the hell if everything is deleted that this still shows up! i searched for it 3 times and it says its not on my computer

So you're still refusing to use punctuation. It's hurting the eyes and I don't understand a word you're saying. So even if I wanted to help you, I really can't.

BlahBlah
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2009 November 30, 05:40:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

how the bloody hell can you not read my bloody punctuation?! your so irritating! im feeling as though i need to smash my head into the desk and all you care about is punctuation?
Franziska
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2009 November 30, 05:56:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

how the bloody hell can you not read my bloody punctuation?! your so irritating! im feeling as though i need to smash my head into the desk and all you care about is punctuation?

First of all, I'm recommending anger management. And the feeling is mutual, I find you irritating as well. Now you even used question marks! That's progress! As I said, it's really hard to read (and then to care what it means) something without any signs of capitalization. Using it raises your chance to get the answer you need, because people can actually understand what you're saying. Your choice.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: