More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 10:54:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Is Death truly random?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Is Death truly random?  (Read 17862 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Is Death truly random?
« Reply #25 on: 2005 August 09, 01:42:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried going into SimPE and making the nammies all very nice, extremely outgoing but incredibly sloppy - then maybe they won't be so keen on cleaning up?

Zephyr Zodiac
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 August 09, 01:56:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if the Sloppy thing's broken or what, but since University, EVERYBODY, whether sloppy/neat or somewhere in between, will automonously wash the dishes!  Rather annoying when you have a line up at the dishwasher, or four sims washing their individual plates at various sinks around the house.  Of course, this begs the question why I don't remove the sinks seeing as sims don't brush their teeth, and handwashing provides such a mini hygiene boost as to be worthless...

<insert witty comment here>
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 August 09, 13:35:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True, the only thing they're good for is bathing babies, and if you get Cemre's baby bath, they don't use it for dishwashing!

Zephyr Zodiac
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2005 August 09, 18:22:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've just had another random death.  I went into the lot lived in by Ricky Cormier, Marion Almasizzadeh (where does THAT name come from?!) and their daughter and as soon as I got in there he was standing naked next to the mailbox choking to death.  I know what caused it, it was the fact that he recovered from the 'flu while having his wicked way with some woman on another lot (serves him right).  Oddly enough, Marion got the same message a little later while she was having her wicked way on another lot, but as she was asleep when I went back to her lot, she escaped death.  I've had this message quite a few times, but this is the first time anyone died.  For some reason, his daughter wasn't able to plead with the Reaper and Marion was at work, so I decided to let him die rather than teleport someone in.  They weren't married and Marion had about 10 other men she was in love with, so she is now living with an old guy not far off popping his clogs.  Just as well I had the friendly social worker hack, or the kid would have been taken.  I suppose this is why they can't plead with the Reaper, because Maxis would rather they were taken away and get total amnesia just because their remaining parent isn't due home for another hour or so and the 3 visiting adults on the lot aren't capable of babysitting.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 August 09, 18:52:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That reminds me - Ricky Cormier died in my game as well, thanks to JM's murderous In Russia The Toilet Uses You - sims really do die waiting to go!

happy now :-)
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2005 August 09, 20:38:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That reminds me - Ricky Cormier died in my game as well, thanks to JM's murderous In Russia The Toilet Uses You - sims really do die waiting to go!
Yes, I've heard about that.  Mine are always been told to queue when they don't actually need to go, often when they've just BEEN.  I had a pregnant Sim kept being forced back into the toilet when her bladder and hygiene had both just been dealt with, but her hunger level was dangerously low.  By the time she'd made and served a meal, she dropped dead of starvation before she could eat it. Luckily, her boyfriend was able to reason with the Reaper.  I am now removing all toilet paper from lots with pregnant Sims on them!

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 August 09, 22:14:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I've heard about that.  Mine are always been told to queue when they don't actually need to go, often when they've just BEEN.  I had a pregnant Sim kept being forced back into the toilet when her bladder and hygiene had both just been dealt with, but her hunger level was dangerously low.  By the time she'd made and served a meal, she dropped dead of starvation before she could eat it. Luckily, her boyfriend was able to reason with the Reaper.  I am now removing all toilet paper from lots with pregnant Sims on them!
It used to be a little more twitchy than it is now. Formerly it would consider 80 bladder worth peeing, and the problem with high-drain sims is that they'd lose more than 20 points of bladder while showering. The current version lowers this to a much lower 60.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 August 09, 22:29:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It used to be a little more twitchy than it is now. Formerly it would consider 80 bladder worth peeing, and the problem with high-drain sims is that they'd lose more than 20 points of bladder while showering. The current version lowers this to a much lower 60.

I have the newer version; works like a charm.

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 August 10, 15:45:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's still sort of twitchy. I've had sims keel over in the bathroom (got stuck, not sure how) and when I send a second sim in to plead, the first thing the second sim does is insist on using the bathroom. Had two sims die on account of this "must use bathroom! I'll plead later!" thing. Now I immediately switch into buy mode and get rid of it if I need someone to plead in the bathroom, then put it back when they're finished.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 August 10, 16:08:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's still sort of twitchy. I've had sims keel over in the bathroom (got stuck, not sure how) and when I send a second sim in to plead, the first thing the second sim does is insist on using the bathroom. Had two sims die on account of this "must use bathroom! I'll plead later!" thing. Now I immediately switch into buy mode and get rid of it if I need someone to plead in the bathroom, then put it back when they're finished.
I dunno why somebody would get stuck and actually keel over in the bathroom, given that if you give a handmove order and X out the controller, the controller will not override the move order that is queued after. Or why your sim is "stuck". What kind of bathroom did you make?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
sasha
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 August 10, 20:35:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not really sure what happened all I know is I loaded my game, my girl climbed out of bed fell on the floor and died.  I was in total shock so I just quit the game with out saving.  Reloaded the game and she fell and the floor and died again.  She didn't have the flu, her needs weren't lethal.
Which I was watching for this time and I was able to have her wife plead for her life and she was saved.

My other death was the maid that Dan Pleasant got caught sleeping with, died in the Pleansant's backyard.  Dan got caught moved out the same day.  Mary-Sue kept the house and I notice maid just wandering around but she wasn't cleaning anything.  I couldn't fire her actually i couln't ineract with her at all.  She would pass out in the yard but use the bathroom and take a shower.  If I "served" food she would eat.  So I just made sure that all food was put up she died from starvation and I told a nice little story all about it.

My only exciting deaths/close calls everyone else has died of ripe old age, well I had the one preganant starvation death and I just let ole Cass Goth die.

sasha

Whoever said it is better to love than to never have loved at all never had the good fortune to the love the people I have loved!
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 August 10, 20:59:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sasha, the first death showed a hack uncompatible with Uni. You have to scan your Downloads folder with the Clean Installer (link to it you can find on the main page of Mod the Sims 2), and begin to remove all red-marked lines (except these of JM and two-jeffs). If you have the old version of the InSimenator, it may be the cause, and you have to download the new version.
Watch out - it can happen in the college too - suddenly mysterious death.

Kayliyin was accepted to "hand out" with Daniel, that's why she didn't leave. You had to delete her with moveobjects on. Well, if she is dead now, it's OK.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 August 10, 22:50:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not really sure what happened all I know is I loaded my game, my girl climbed out of bed fell on the floor and died.  I was in total shock so I just quit the game with out saving.  Reloaded the game and she fell and the floor and died again.  She didn't have the flu, her needs weren't lethal.
Which I was watching for this time and I was able to have her wife plead for her life and she was saved
Well, you know, people die.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: