More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 00:22:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540273 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Lobonannies... lobotomized? Nannies leave early.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Lobonannies... lobotomized? Nannies leave early.  (Read 11670 times)
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Lobonannies... lobotomized? Nannies leave early.
« on: 2005 July 20, 16:43:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nannies in my game are broken in a way: the nannie shows up when called, but immediately after her van has left another van appears, and she departs.
This would have cost me a kid already to the SS-worker if I hadn't deleted the b*tch.
Frustratingly no error log is created at all.

I have removed all my downloads and created a new neighbourhood, and the error did not occur. I then placed only the FFS mods in, and created a new neighbourhood, and the error occurs again. After some more elimination I found the hack that most likely causes this is the lobonanny package.

The problem does not appear in the default hoods since I haven't yet killed off the nannies there, so the game hasn't generated new ones.

The bugged neighbourhoods all include two character files for the nannies:
N004_User00080.package is a 2kb file, and N004_User00080.1.package is the 223kb real file.

I don't really now how I can explain it otherwise, there seems to be an issue with lobonanny.package. I have the one dated 28-04-2005.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Lobonannies... lobotomized? Nannies leave early.
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 20, 16:48:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm. That's interesting. I'll look into it, but I really don't have a good explanation for the behavior at this time. Does the issue occur even when there is no baby controller present or if the lobotomize option is turned off?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 20, 16:50:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, just having the lobonanny package in the downloads folder as the nannies are generated is enough. I don't always use the baby controller, and this happens even if the item has never been used in the neighbourhood at all.

I like to play with clean neighbourhoods, so my last few games were all bugged until I renamed the lobonanny package.
It doesn't seem to matter if I let the game generate the NPCs or if I use dizzy2's townie/NPC maker for this.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 July 20, 17:10:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm. That is very curious, given that in the absence of a baby controller, the added code block should be bypassed entirely and function normally. Testing results seem unable to reproduce the outcome. I have no explanation for this behavior at this time, it baffles me. You're certain you have the latest, yes? Older versions had some odd artifacts, which would persist until the nanny's code was replaced, either by replacing the nanny entirely, or replacing the code manually....

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 July 20, 18:01:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I grabbed a copy from the last 'more awesome than you' collection. There doesn't seem to be a newer version.

Just to be certain: is the lobonanny package supposed to create the .1.package files for nannies?
dawnkeeper
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 July 20, 18:11:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I have had this happen. Twice I called her and twice she left. Then I got curious and set the "eye in the sky" to lobotomize nannies. Then I called her again and she stayed. That was my qucik fix.

Although I am sure my situation may be unique. This may or may not help you track the problem.

Lurkety, lurk, lurk!
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 July 20, 21:08:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had exactly this problem. She comes, charges me $10, and leaves. Annoying. I just re-installed all my JMPescado hacks, during the process of cleaning and reorganizing my downloads folder, so I am using everything in "moreawesomethanyou" and the critical fixes. I'll test the different Eye in the Sky settings and see if anything helps.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 July 21, 01:03:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just to be certain: is the lobonanny package supposed to create the .1.package files for nannies?
The what?

Anyway, found the problem. The wrong package had been packed in at some point. It is fixed now. Perform the customary nanny patching operation, or install a baby controller. If one is present, the current broken nanny will function correctly, regardless of what you set it to.

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 July 21, 18:22:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The new version fixed the problem. Thux.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 July 22, 18:20:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have just got the opposite problem, and I don't have the lobonanny package!  On Friday the nanny failed to turn up, and Brandi had gone to work as normal, and no nanny came, but luckily she was home for 4.00 pm so the social worker didn't come.  Saturday I can't remember exactly what happened, but I think that's because after I saved the game and didn't play it for a while, I eventually graduated Beau and he came home to live in the family home, and for some reason the day changed.  Sunday Beau was home, no nanny turned up, although since Brandi was at work, she should have done.  Now on Monday, Beau and Don have gone off at 9.00 am, Brandi has just got a promotion, and didn't have to go till 2.00 pm, but not one, not two, but at the last count at least 6 nannies apart from the actual employee of the family (Kendal) turned up.    I used the NPC zapper to get rid of them, but they kept reappearing.  If I deleted them and the nanny cars, the nannies returned carless, and riding on invisible broomsticks down the road!

What in the name of Mary Poppins is going on here?HuhHuh  Help!!!

Zephyr Zodiac
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 July 22, 21:25:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Help!!!!

Zephyr Zodiac
humybyrd
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 July 22, 21:58:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, now that I have applied cocoa butter to lips so as not to make them too easy to rip off, I will ask my stupid question.  I created a family in CAS and they had a baby.  I hired a nannie and she took care of the child.  I never fired her she just stopped comming when my child transitioned to teen.  I recently started playing this family again and have had a second child, delivered at 3:20 am.  I recieved the message stating that my sim would have 3 days off from work to take care of the new baby so I had her eat and get into the shower.  Before she got out of the shower the nannie showed up and then my sim went to work.  I wasn't planning to hire one until the last day before work but somehow she had to go to work just hours after giving birth.  Is a nanny generated by your hack this way or is this some glitch in my game?  This isn't the first sim I have had that has not gotten her 3 days off but it is the first time a nanny showed up like this.  Do they stay employed by you if not fired just waiting for the next birth to show up? (the nanny never even touched the baby the whole time she was there but did clean the house and cook a meal for the teen when she came home from school)

I reject your reality and substitute it with one of my own.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 July 22, 22:03:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I start a new neighbourhood I'm never ever ever ever going to hire a nanny!

Zephyr Zodiac
veilchen
Terrible Twerp

We are the ADS! Bow to us!!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 July 22, 22:08:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zephyr, I'm not blatantly ignoring you, I just have no idea how to help you. Your scenario sounds like something out of a horror-movie. I had nannie-problems too. I hired one, but she never showed up. So I hired a second one, who did. The next day, the one who showed up previously plus an additional nannie came. I got rid of that problem by firing them all. I've never used the nannies after that, they frighten me Grin

G.

~Having the last word is not all it's cracked up to be.~
~All we have to do is remove those who oppose us.~ (Saruman, LotR)
~Wir sind die Roboter~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R23e9VO_vOI&feature=related
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 July 22, 22:20:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They are the pits!  I want the butler from superstar!  He was really good at minding babies and kids!

It was actually quite funny to watch, but the thought that the lot is corrupted really upsets me - I thought all the Broke problems were solved when I gave in to cheats and mortherloded so Brandi could have a lovely new house, I got all three boys off to college, she fell in love with Don Lothario and they now have a daughter - which is why they needed the nanny!  Guess I should have kept the youngest brother at home a bit longer!  She's now in permanent platinum because two of the sons have graduated (due to the glitch that says two = 3 - how can anyone who can make 1+1 = 3 get a job as a programmer?) , Beau just moved back home and all she wants out of life now is Don's wedding ring on her finger! 

And now this happens!  Luckily, all but Kendal show no recognition of any of the family, the only other nanny who has actually been employed is Chloe gonzaga (who I made into a toddler and the game used again), all the others are generated recently and I could delete them, but I don't know if (a) that would just cause more problems, or (b) the game would just generate another duplicate set of nannies!

If only there was some way I could graduate all the YAs and then get rid of the whole corrupted University!  I'm sure any problems I get in Pleasantview are crossing over from there!

Zephyr Zodiac
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 July 23, 21:21:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Posting again to let you know, the lotdebugger finally fixed the nannies!  Not that that's the end of my problems, but still it's a help, and Brandi and Don were able to get married in peace without an army of nannies showing up!

Zephyr Zodiac
moonluck
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 July 24, 01:11:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do they stay employed by you if not fired just waiting for the next birth to show up? (the nanny never even touched the baby the whole time she was there but did clean the house and cook a meal for the teen when she came home from school)
Yup, and sometimes the nanny are stupid with babys or toddlers

Or I could be totally wrong...
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 July 24, 01:17:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All the nannies are in an advanced stage of alzheimer's disease!

Zephyr Zodiac
Oddysey
Nitwitted Nuisance

Robotic Baby Harp Seal!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 July 24, 16:10:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would explain the peeing on the floor, and the repeatedly feeding the babies even though they've already been fed, and the showing up late . . . say, I believe you're on to something.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 July 24, 21:08:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, they are all pretty elderly!

Zephyr Zodiac
Kitiara
Lipless Loser

boolprop IQTestingEnabledTrue

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 July 27, 02:20:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

humybyrd - the 3 vacation days you get are optional. If you check your job info it should show that you have 3 vacation days, but you can choose to take them whenever you want to. Just don't go to work, after a couple of hours the game will subtract a vacation day and pay you.

I would like to ease the minds of anyone that thinks that I am ignoring them. You are not paranoid.
I am not normal. I have never met a normal person. I disbelieve in such mythical creatures.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 July 27, 04:23:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Problem is if both parents work at weekends, the vacation days just aren't enough always to see the kid through childhood, so you end up either keeping one off work or hiring the nanny.  And once hired for one kid, they keep reappearing for future ones, even though if you've grown the first one to a teen, then weekends and after school aren't a problem any more.

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 July 27, 04:29:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Get the SS Hack. It removes the idiotic requirement that somebody be present for children. As if children over the age of 6 can't manage to not destroy the entire house in 3 hours or so.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 July 27, 04:38:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

]http://forum.simfreaks.com/index.php?s=4e2c21a85729850727744ce1c07aad42&showtopic=4134&st=0&#entry38973

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: