More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 22:27:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  The patch will be out tomorrow...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The patch will be out tomorrow...  (Read 91959 times)
U_Dog_U
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: The patch will be out tomorrow...
« Reply #50 on: 2005 October 12, 20:39:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just finished installing it. For the amount of bugs it fixed it didn't take long at all, 10 seconds at the most.

Do unto others before they have a chance to do unto you.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2005 October 12, 20:40:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gynarchy: When you try and patch and get the message, if you move the bar with the error message without hitting ok and closing it out, it should show you what file it's getting hung up on. If you have to, you can try and patch a second time. I did and it's still getting hung on the same file, Graphics Rules.sgr

*edit: Okay THANKFULLY when I messed with that file, I made a backup of it and so I moved the tinkered with version out of the way and restored the backup and tried to patch for a 3rd time and this time it worked *hugh sigh of relief*

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2005 October 12, 20:42:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't tried yet, I can't see the point as I'm still waiting for NL (stupid me ordered it from Amazon on Sunday and forgot to update the expiry date on my Maestro card, so they had to contact me and now it'll take at least two more days!)  Since I'll have to mess with my files then and start backing up, moving around and what have you, I think I'll wait and do the whole lot at once.

Ten seconds for something that takes five minutes to download?  Wow!

Zephyr Zodiac
Sita
Titlights
Retarded Reprobate

I YAM what I YAM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: 2005 October 12, 20:44:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ack - installed patch and now my game crashes on loading...

U_Dog_U
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2005 October 12, 20:46:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just launched my game and when I went into a lot all the sims needs were maxed out. Other than that everything seems normal.

Do unto others before they have a chance to do unto you.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2005 October 12, 20:46:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gynarchy: When you try and patch and get the message, if you move the bar with the error message without hitting ok and closing it out, it should show you what file it's getting hung up on. If you have to, you can try and patch a second time. I did and it's still getting hung on the same file, Graphics Rules.sgr

I did mess with that file, refresh my memory though - what folder is it in again?

EDIT: nm, found it. Thank goodness I'm a backup freak!

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2005 October 12, 20:48:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sita, did you back up all your files and neighbourhoods first?

Zephyr Zodiac
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2005 October 12, 20:56:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MaxoidHunter has said in one of Twain's threads that the final exam bug should be fixed.

Link.

A proud thread pirate.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2005 October 12, 20:56:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well one good thing, I didn't see no smart milk stuckage and the exploitation cheat of canceling potty training queue in the list of fixes. Sadly I didn't see the homework/desk issue on the list though. I freaking hate that, what is the point of buying desks if only one can be used. Minor I know.
striker
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2005 October 12, 20:57:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is being changed in the graphicrules.sgr file?
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2005 October 12, 20:59:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*sigh* even replacing the Graphic Rules.sgr file with a clean one from the NL CD didn't work. I removed my downloads, stood on my head, did a jig, would have drank a fifth of whiskey if I weren't pregnant and I still can't install the patch. It's a shame about the whiskey too, it would have made this funny.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2005 October 12, 20:59:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OmG they are saying the fixed Sudden Pregnancy Death Syndrome!

Along with a boatload of other annoying bugs.
RabidAngel
Blathering Buffoon

Troubled Child, Breaking like waves at Malibou

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2005 October 12, 21:00:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki,
You can just return the graphic config file by searching for "useshaders", changing it to false, and "vertexdata" back to true...
It worked for me...I had the same error.
Smiley
Hope that helps!
PS, I only had to edit the Nightlife version from EAGames/Sims2Nightlife/TsData/Res/Config....I left the other rules alone, so i guess it was only looking in the Nightlife folder...
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2005 October 12, 21:02:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*sigh* even replacing the Graphic Rules.sgr file with a clean one from the NL CD didn't work. I removed my downloads, stood on my head, did a jig, would have drank a fifth of whiskey if I weren't pregnant and I still can't install the patch. It's a shame about the whiskey too, it would have made this funny.

Funny Ha Ha or Funny Peculiar?

Zephyr Zodiac
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2005 October 12, 21:02:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, my game runs okay now. Only weird thing I noticed is a sim who was bathing ran out of the tub naked and upstairs to stow a baby away, all the while still naked, the nanny got to her first and he's still standing around naked and didn't change lol. I have Pescado's baby eyeball thingy though so it may be that or just some wierd combination of things.

I didn't back up anything or take anything out, in fact I added a bunch more downloads I just got today, and the game seems to be running fine. However, I'm kind of ambivalent about this patch as none of the stuff on the lists (that wasn't already fixed with NL; ie the cheering, lvl 6 greek pledge etc) was ever any annoyance or issue for me and the one thing I wanted fixed above all else and considered very serious was that damned custom terrain paint lot crashing bug.  Angry

But anyway, I would just give the following advice: Don't remove anything from downloads but if it it will make you feel better, make a backup of your neighborhood. If you modified ANY files in the Program Files/EA Games/... etc folders in any way shape or form you'd better restore them to their original versions before you patch. Any files added or modified in the My Documents/EA Games/.. folders should be fine though.

nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2005 October 12, 21:03:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

how big is the dl?
RabidAngel
Blathering Buffoon

Troubled Child, Breaking like waves at Malibou

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2005 October 12, 21:04:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's around 17 mbs, nectere
Athena
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2005 October 12, 21:05:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone know if the bug that caused your lot to become corrupted if you had Sims on the cell phone when you saved has been fixed or not?  Or was that something fixed with Nightlife?  I looked over the list, the only kind of similar thing I could see was "Squashed a rare scripting error that occurred when hanging up a cell phone," but I'm not sure if that's related or not...
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2005 October 12, 21:06:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's over 20 MB!  (That's the Uni one, anyway.)

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2005 October 12, 21:10:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sita, did you back up all your files and neighbourhoods first?
thank god I decided to read this thread. I have Sim PE creating backups to my custom neighborhoods  while I download the NL Patch. I dont play the maxis neighborhoods so nothing to back up there.I moved my DL folder to my desk top just to be safe.

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
JenW
Irritating Ignoramus

Grilled cheese lovin' cyborg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: 2005 October 12, 21:11:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got it to install fine, no problems (I didn't modify any game files). Haven't tried the game yet. I'll be ticked if my YAs still can't have dates or visitors in dorms or community lots after this patch Angry I didn't see that listed, unless it was hidden in some programmerese I didn't recognize.

Jen

<Pescado> With ninja throwing breadsticks, YOU are the dipping sauce! | The Literate Sim
daysies
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: 2005 October 12, 21:13:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But anyway, I would just give the following advice: Don't remove anything from downloads but if it it will make you feel better, make a backup of your neighborhood. If you modified ANY files in the Program Files/EA Games/... etc folders in any way shape or form you'd better restore them to their original versions before you patch. Any files added or modified in the My Documents/EA Games/.. folders should be fine though.
If anything I would remove any global mods, if you know what they are.  Since the patch has fixed a bunch of stuff, even hacks that Pescado have created, it's best to remove those as you don't know what will happen once you run with those hacks still in place.  I also agree to reverting any files in Program Files that were previously modified.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2005 October 12, 21:20:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Funny Ha Ha or Funny Peculiar?

Isn't everything hilarious after having too much whiskey? :-P

Is it possible to just uninstall NL and reinstall it without having to start from the beginning? I'm not at all anxious to do it, but I'm running out of ideas.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2005 October 12, 21:22:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If anything I would remove any global mods, if you know what they are.  Since the patch has fixed a bunch of stuff, even hacks that Pescado have created, it's best to remove those as you don't know what will happen once you run with those hacks still in place.

Well I'm running the game patched without having removed anything and so far so good. I generally tend to remove stuff that patched or expansion packs fix and make redundant (chatbug fix, no cheering, greek level 6 fix etc) but I didn't see much in these patches that fixes something a hack already fixed except maybe the final exam bug fix, but I am keeping that one because I use an old version from Two Jeffs were they don't meet the professors. I can't stand how they always insist on being friends with them.  Roll Eyes

If anyone knows of any specific Pescado or TwoJeffs hacks that this patch makes redundant though, please let us know. Otherwise so far so good and I really am not going to go back to that taking everything out and putting them back in one by one stuff again.

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2005 October 12, 21:24:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh and I have no idea if the patch caused this or its just some odd coincidence, but I just had the cow mascot barge into a home in my regular neighborhood and I've never had that happen before. Could very well be some totally unrelated fluke, but if anyone else has this happen after patching please post and let me know.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: