More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 00:14:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  PSA: Seasons & Non-Awesome Hacks Report
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: PSA: Seasons & Non-Awesome Hacks Report  (Read 5382 times)
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
PSA: Seasons & Non-Awesome Hacks Report
« on: 2007 March 02, 18:39:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, here's the thing: I use a lot of mods.  I mean, a LOT--over 700 files, both Awesome and non-awesome, if you include both global and object mods (not including default replacements, foods, careers, or anything in the core game files.)  So I thought as a service to the community, after I checked my hacks against Pescado's Seasons hackdiff index, I'd share the results (attached) in case it makes things a bit easier for others trying to sort out their own hack folders.

ETA: Based on a bug report in another thread, moved "NoMysterySimMemories" by Squinge from the Clean to the Needs Update list.  I'll try to update the lists periodically as new information comes in.

The Good News: Early reports that I've seen so far suggest that this EP is reasonably mod-friendly, and these results seem to confirm that.  Out of those 700+ files, after eliminating the Awesome mods in the list (which I figure Pescado, TJ, Crammyboy and Syberspunk have got covered,) I'm left with a mere 34 from elsewhere that may or may not require updating.

NeedUpdate2.txt is the list of mods that Hackdiff tagged as possibly needing an update, organized by creator and site (where known) for your convenience.  Items marked with an asterisk were only tagged with the phrase "Name Unsupported," which may indicate a negligible change that won't affect the mod's operation.

CleanMods.txt is an alphabetical list of almost 500 filenames that came up unchanged and should therefore (in theory) work fine with Seasons. 

Caveat 1: These results are preliminary and should be verified by the creator and/or by testing before they are taken as gospel.  With Pets, some things were changed that hackdiff apparently doesn't pick up, so the only way to be certain is to try it out.

Caveat 2: The fact that an item continues to perform its original function perfectly without breaking anything else does not necessarily mean it will be satisfactory--there may be new EP features that will be missing.  You may still wish to watch for updates.

Caveat 3: Pes's hackdiff index came from an unpatched installation of Pets.  Ergo, if your Pets is patched, your mileage may vary.

Caveat 4: These files are provided for informational purposes only.  Please don't use them to try to persuade modders to update; some of them find this annoying.

Feedback welcome--I haven't installed Seasons yet and would love to know just how accurate (or not) these results are!

* CleanMods.txt (16.8 KB - downloaded 1019 times.)
* NeedUpdate.txt (2.22 KB - downloaded 436 times.)
« Last Edit: 2007 March 02, 21:21:00 by AmberDiceless » Logged

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
Re: PSA: Seasons & Non-Awesome Hacks Report
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 02, 21:21:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Updated to move a mod from Clean to Needs Update list.

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 03, 01:02:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I love you.  Cheesy

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 03, 01:19:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge Jones said her permafridge hack should not be used in Seasons
daysies
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 03, 10:12:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've tested Inge's permafridgeNL intensively and it works perfectly.  Smiley  Does not conflict with fresh food or leftovers.  Her permafridge only refreshes the "grocery supplies" counter to whatever the max that that fridge can hold.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 03, 13:48:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've tested Inge's permafridgeNL intensively and it works perfectly.  Smiley  Does not conflict with fresh food or leftovers.  Her permafridge only refreshes the "grocery supplies" counter to whatever the max that that fridge can hold.

yay! excuse me while I do a happy dance  Cheesy

angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 03, 17:27:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone have a working no autonomy fridge, because I am going to go on a kill rampage soon, if my teen starts making herself mac n cheese while her mom is cooking up a nice meal of salmon or pork chops.

Come to think of it....that's pretty darn realistic Cheesy
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 05, 06:12:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge has a no-autonomy for any fridge hack over on dinnerbell -- it was last updated for pets (I think) but it seems to be working fine with Seasons.

http://simlogical.com/dinnerbell/index.php

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: