More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 05, 23:19:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540273 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  What's your second and third impression of OFB?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What's your second and third impression of OFB?  (Read 60118 times)
birene
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: What's your second and third impression of OFB?
« Reply #25 on: 2006 March 04, 10:51:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1. Word. It's like an entire science in itself. I still have no idea how that ticket thingy works.
2. Having idiots at the cash registry is funny first, but gets annoying after a while.
3. They need breaks? Whats next? Paid vacations?  Wink
4. Pah! My shop is open when it's open. So there.
5. Wait you get cash out of this?
6. What's with the crazy hats inflation? And those racks suck so much, like a really sucky thing.
7. Hm. This doesn't bother me much.
8. Haven't even tried so far.
9. Had thankfully no bugs yet.
10. Too much work, period.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2006 March 04, 11:55:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't actually played any lot as yet, but browsed through the hair and clothing options in cas for all ages and both sexes...what's with all the hats? Shocked The new clothes are pretty cruddy too. And that new 'hooker' makeup!  The only thing I really like is the cute little ringlet style hairdo for the little girls, and the animal outfits for the toddlers.
I am putting my outfit and hair downloads straight back in the game...
I will play the game later and see how that works out Smiley I haven't even checked out the new objects and such yet!

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 March 04, 12:37:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I truly am challenged by OFB .I received my copy of OFB the day after it was released and I would bet that I havent come any where close  to figuring out all the new interactions  in the family's and definitely I am still groping through the business world  totakly blind. I did discover that Pleasure Sim's make horruble business owners .where the obvious is also true the most likely to start making a profit in Business right away is the Fortune sim.I like OFB its far better than I expected and I wish this had come out instead of UNI first

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 March 04, 12:58:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone know if there is a way to check what badges my employees have after I hire them? Sometimes I forget. :p And making them selectable temporarily to peek messes up their employee status and turns them into customers. :p

I'm not sure how the 5 or 6 or so employees available a time on the phone works. I guess it just rotates a random selection. You can also hire people in person. You do get to check out their badge, but you have to choose hire first and you have to at least have some relationship with them otherwise they will get made and you will lose relationship AND a sales star with them. :p

I don't use that damned painting. Sorry, it's just too much like cheating to me. I might as well motherlode myself a bunch of money and make everything perfect. What's the point?

Oh, and watch out for pregnant customers. Their needs go down REAL fast (if you don't cheat :p) and they make for pissy angry customers. I found that out the hard way.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
magic cookie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 March 04, 13:01:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm disappointed because I think it doesn't have many stuff (several things that were in the screenshots weren't included - yeah JM, I know, propaganda Wink) and it's too darn repetitive!

I don't like clicking again and again on customers to perform sales interactions. I had hired a slacker who was great at sales, but as soon as he reached a gold badge, every interaction resulted in minus points, and I have no idea why! He just drove the business to the ground despite being well paid so I had to have my playable Sim do the sales interactions and it's BORING. And there are very little choices offered when you want to hire people, so that someone with a big neighborhood will most likely only get their playable sims proposed although, of course, they don't have a single talent badge!

Clicking on empty shelves to restock and choosing where the items go on the shelves is also tedious. As far as gameplay goes, I think it's about as repetitive as Uni, Superstar and Makin' Magic for stores that sell stuff, although it is more open as you can choose a theme for your store.

I also think it's unrealistic that the Maxis made OFB families started with almost inexistent skills, I think the logic would be to build skills while a kid and teenager and then work at a business when you reach adulthood.

And I'm disappointed that I barely see any new wants and fears apart from the "get a badge" ones.

The new clothes are quite disgusting, I think they outdid themselves lol, especially for the mumsy outfit with the very high waisted pants and baggy shirt. And the gorilla heads and such... ugh.

So far, Nightlife is the best EP IMO.
magic cookie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 March 04, 13:02:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone know if there is a way to check what badges my employees have after I hire them? Sometimes I forget. :p And making them selectable temporarily to peek messes up their employee status and turns them into customers. :p

You can check it out in your business panel, there's a special "employee info" button, it's near the top I think.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 March 04, 13:05:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, that's funny because I personally felt Nightlife was the lamest episode that added the least and most of it was stuff that should have been in the main game (restaurants, chemistry) or extraneous silliness (vampires). *shrug* To each his own I guess.

I'm liking this one the most so far because I think it adds the most to gameplay but it is complicated.

Oh and for restocking I have the workers do it. Then I don't have to click on each shelf and the items get restocked where you put the original one as long as you leave the sign there so you don't have to manually place them. So far, no one has screwed up at restocking for me so I think having the workers do that at least is safe. Smiley

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 March 04, 13:06:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can check it out in your business panel, there's a special "employee info" button, it's near the top I think.

Oh, duh. Okay, thanks I will do that. Smiley

Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 March 04, 13:27:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, that's funny because I personally felt Nightlife was the lamest episode that added the least and most of it was stuff that should have been in the main game (restaurants, chemistry) or extraneous silliness (vampires). *shrug* To each his own I guess.
Lamest and most disappointing for me.  I had this silly idea that dates would be a challenging new gameplay mode, rather than being automatic Dream Date even if you never fulfill the other Sim's wants.  As tedious as some aspects of University are, it added far more actual gameplay than Nightlife.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
magic cookie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 March 04, 13:32:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree that NL was never a challenge but I just love the cars, new downtown, clubs scene, objects, pleasure aspiration ect. It added a bit of everything.

Bluewater village looks so much like Pleasantview I don't even feel like I have a new EP!

Motoki, I actually want to hire someone to restock but I've not yet met a Sim with a talent badge in that, so I guess I'll have to take the risk to hire someone who's new at it Wink
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: 2006 March 04, 13:37:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not to fond of Bluewater Village. I've decided not to give my sims a business district. There's enough room in the base hood!

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 March 04, 13:53:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I'm disappointed that I barely see any new wants and fears apart from the "get a badge" ones.

I've seen quite a few. I was pleased that my community business owners reroll when he goes to open his store, and amused to find him wanting to make sales to specific people Smiley I am disappointed over the LTWs. I'm just playing the shopping district to get the hang of it, and the couple with the toystore they've had for generations and want to give to their daughter have totally inappropriate LTWs for other professors (well the husband does, the wife wants to marry off a bunch of kids). If they were in-game born, it'd be easy to make them platinum and then run the business, but it seems like their dreams ought to at least match the story :p

I love this EP. I like a challenge, and am going to keep giving it a go without the manual (of course, I've read a fair amount of hints online). I've a whole bunch of ideas for different things to do with them and I enjoy management goals and figuring things out and, well everything. I liked NL too tho. Uni's still really too tedious for me, tho better.

Unsouper
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 March 04, 14:01:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki, I actually want to hire someone to restock but I've not yet met a Sim with a talent badge in that, so I guess I'll have to take the risk to hire someone who's new at it Wink

I've had employees do it with no badge before. I suppose they are slower, but I haven't timed it. They didn't mess anything up though and they eventually got a badge from doing it. Anyway, it sure as hell beats doing it yourself. Wink

Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 March 04, 14:03:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually thought 1-2 of the new clothes added are pretty nice. Surprised no one here like them
I like playing sims to relax. I don't like complication or challenges such as figuring out how to make customers click. I enjoy the intutive playing . If I need a challenge, I'll play my other brain- melting games, not sims! So yeah, I don't like the challenge OFB presents!  Angry

ETA: Motoki, heh, you don't do anything in ur store? Then what are you doing? peeing on urself or flirting with customers?

Go Away
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 March 04, 14:25:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mmm, challenge. I really hope that Stockmann has the expansion by now so I can buy it tonight. I'm looking forward to both the new wearable items and the gameplay. Finally, they included my usual hairstyle... Smiley

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 March 04, 15:00:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ETA: Motoki, heh, you don't do anything in ur store? Then what are you doing? peeing on urself or flirting with customers?

No, I have stuff. It was supposed to be a robot shop, but it's now sort of a toy, flower & painting shop (my damned fortune sim constantly gets buy a 500 simolean painting over and over).

I did hire a former lunch lady elder vampire cosmotologist for my shop to try to branch out into the beauty business, but even though she has a gold badge she just stands there so I'll either have to get her promoted to manager or else just play her and have her start her own business.

miramis
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 March 04, 15:05:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey Motoki, if you click on your sim you'll see a Restock option that when clicked will put your sim on restock duty (meaning it will restock everything to save you clicking each item).
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2006 March 04, 15:06:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far I'm not impressed!  The open/closed sign is useless, you can't get rid of Goopy!  Maybe it'll be better when I get rid of those damn townies!

Zephyr Zodiac
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 March 04, 15:34:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Miramis: Doh! and here I was clicking on each one lol

ZZ: They leave eventually, or you can just kick them out lol. I think it's somewhat realistic because I worked in retail and believe me there are always stragglers you have to wait on even after you close the store.  Roll Eyes

Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 March 04, 15:36:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

doh, I usually have 3 or 4 customers at any one time (I'm playing in the shopping district thingie) and when I turn it to closed, they all take off almost immediately. I can ring up final purchases if they'd already decided to buy and I'm quick about it. But otherwise, they leave. I hope that's not a regular neighborhood issue... I'll have to go back to my normal sims today and check.

(I took out all mods and downloads, if that means anything... can't imagine it does though.)

Sorry you're having trouble. I don't like Goopy - I'm not sure I even want him to buy stuff ;)

Unsouper
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 March 04, 15:41:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Miramis: Doh! and here I was clicking on each one lol

ZZ: They leave eventually, or you can just kick them out lol. I think it's somewhat realistic because I worked in retail and believe me there are always stragglers you have to wait on even after you close the store.  Roll Eyes

Yes, but you tell one of the idiots to "Ask to Leave"  and they start listening to a stupid joke instead!  and the piano's going unless the nobuskers works!

No doubt when all my hacks are working the way I want, and I can use SimPE to get rid of those townies, it will be better!  But at least it loads quickly at present, since I haven't restored my CC!

Oh, and I just checked at simEnhancer - update for OFB is estimated in about a week.  and the latest from SimPE is that, according to jFade, the objects workshop in the lates version is working with OFB, so maybe now I've installed it I'll see if it can access my characters!

Zephyr Zodiac
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 March 04, 18:55:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found a new annoyance. My sims can no longer sleep in community lots despite having beds there. This must be because beds are now sellable items. I hate this.
I used to have a swinger's bay for my romance sims. Now the swinger's bay is practically useless! Sad

Go Away
Pyrobon
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 March 04, 19:11:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm surprised by the negative critics towards OFB, i'm finding it the best ep so far.
In fact, i'm even more surprised that people says "it doesn't add to much to the game" , when the business system is one of the most complete and complex features i've seen on any Sims ep.
WTG Maxis. Smiley Now just release a patch  Tongue
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 March 04, 19:26:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay for Stockmann as they had loads of copies. I got mine. Cheesy They also had the holiday pack for 5 euros so I thought hey, why the hell not! Now I can have more funny hats AND sparklers in my game. Yay! Too bad the manual is in Swedish and Finnish, and my Finnish is still pretty bad. You think this game is hard when you're able to read the manual...  Grin

Not installing til tomorrow though as I got five hours of sleep last night and I'm kind of disassociating from reality right now.  So tired!

Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 March 04, 19:46:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found a new annoyance. My sims can no longer sleep in community lots despite having beds there. This must be because beds are now sellable items. I hate this.
I used to have a swinger's bay for my romance sims. Now the swinger's bay is practically useless! Sad

I made mine in a regular lot with a "hostess" and just used a teleporter to teleport over all the romance Sims. Various hacks kept me from having to mess with her needs while I babysat the romance Sims Tongue Now the hostess has adopted a kid, though, and I'll actually have to play her, so that'll be interesting...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: