More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 07:14:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  It's official: MTS2/SC2 is the 'new Exchange'
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: It's official: MTS2/SC2 is the 'new Exchange'  (Read 5834 times)
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
It's official: MTS2/SC2 is the 'new Exchange'
« on: 2005 November 21, 16:48:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone read this: http://www.sims2community.com/showthread.php?t=8711

Doesn't it sound just like a thread on the exchange?? Delphy should be proud: he censored everyone or drove them away and now he has exactly what everyone was leaving when they flocked by the thousands to his place Smiley Wow! Good job. And in just a little over a year too.

Delphy: congrats man, well done.
magic cookie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: It's official: MTS2/SC2 is the 'new Exchange'
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 21, 16:54:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You mean they're the new TSR? that's undisputed!

Now let's all praise Maxis for their fantastic work on non-buggy games and great shopping packs at an awesome value! And celebrate the poor guys from TSR who pay such high bandwith bills each month and do not, of course, make a penny out of their site... *sigh*
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 21, 16:55:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, they could be calle dthe new TSR too--but I think they've even slumped lower than that. Smiley
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 21, 16:57:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course it's greed driven. EA Games is sooooooo greedy!! But I love them anyway!

This just turned my stomach right off the bat.

magic cookie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 21, 16:59:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Honestly, I think TSR is worse than the OS, because there are much more censorship and advertisements.

At least people who think Maxis/EA Games suck can say so on the OS boards, criticize paysites ect, call for boycotts... that would get you banned from TSR, I bet.
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 21, 17:06:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then it's changed because when I was there, right after S2 came out and I needed help, I was flamed big time and then banned for bashing Maxis. I then found Pescado and I've never been back to the Exchange BBS.
magic cookie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 21, 17:14:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Last summer Simmers used the BBS to orchestrate a NL boycott campaign to put pressure on Maxis to make a Uni patch, and also collectively decided to rate down Uni on amazon and different sites of the sort... well the SimMasters were fine with it! They only intervene when there's name calling for ex.

There are anti EA signatures and blogs as well, which I find amusing.

But, back on topic, yup I'm saddened by what MTS2 has become, honestly, has Delphy been paid by Steve or something? Is the change due to the fact that they now get invited to fansites events and previews now?  It sucks anyway, I loved the freedom of speech there was there at the beginning.

For reminders here is what LyricLee posted yesterday:

DO NOT post here to complain about Maxis charging for content. If you do not want to pay for it, dont buy it.
You can discuss how much you paid but ABSOLUTELY NO BASHING of Maxis, Other sites, Or other people. That is the rule here and always has been the rule here. This is not being harsh- this is being considerate of other peoples feelings be it an individual, other site, or company.

Liar. Ooh I feel so sad for hurting EA's and TSR's feelings! It's much worse than lying to people about what you do with their money, right?
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 21, 17:18:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, maybe next time Pescado will get the invite. He's gonna have all the pople Smiley

The fact that Delphy is getting invites explains a lot. Sadly.
magic cookie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 21, 17:20:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah he must feel the need to suck up now... Too bad, cause we need independent sites, so here's to hoping Pescado will not get an invite so that this place will not morph into TSR3, hey it could, it's already got a very appropriate homepage Wink.
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 21, 17:22:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you really think that Pescado could be bought over like that? I think not. Smiley He's way too much of a renagade. He'd hold out if not indefinitely, then for something a lot better than an invite. Smiley Maybe a flame thrower....
magic cookie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 21, 17:30:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, was just kidding, he seems too dangerous/asocial for that Wink

Flame throwers or Nanny-bombers could prove to be a good bait though.
rma
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 21, 17:35:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hear that they've been trying to get an invite to Pescado for ages. Problems is all junk mail gets burnianted before they even get past the first level of security. I can't even imagine what might have happened to the poor messangers. Is this true or just more heresay?  Wink
Scotty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 21, 17:39:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I rarely go to MTS2 myself. Mainly because I HATE that place worth a passion. Sorry, it's just the way I feel. I would say more, but I dont want to get carried away.

Come visit us at the Gay Sims Club 2.

http://gaysimsclub2.net

I'm a Gay Pirate! Arrr!
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 21, 18:04:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just read in a thread on the TS2 site that it is considered software piracy to upload lots with booster pack items that are not offered free from MAXIS.

Actually, if you think about it, the above statement smells like is a big bag of fresh cow dung since the game itself teaches you how to  make lots and houses for upload (decorated to the hilt).  But it sure isn't offered free.  So how can booster pack items be considered "software piracy"??

BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 November 21, 18:08:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I was reading the BBS thread linked in the SC2 post, MaxoidKane was saying that they wouldn't show up, and that it was piracy to offer the pack on a fansite, not that it was piracy to upload it to the exchange...

Quote from: MaxoidKane
If you don't have the pack or holiday edition, you shouldn't be able to see the holiday items on a lot once you've downloaded it off the exchange. So don't worry too much about "accidental" uploads/downloads. Why we mentioned piracy was that we wanted to make clear that posting the items from the pack or the whole pack on a fansite for others to grab who have not purchased it is the same as posting an illegal expansion pack. It's ok to showoff how you've decorated your lot, we like to see what you guys create, we enjoy seeing what the modders do with things, we just wanted to emphasize that even though this is a pack of just new items rather than new items plus new gameplay, getting it w/out purchasing is the same as getting a full expansion pack without buying it.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 November 21, 18:22:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't see the problem with allowing people to post negative opinions about Maxis. To simply allow such a post no way representative of Delphy, the mods or the site in general thinks but is merely one user's opinion. It's neither right nor wrong, it's just an opinion. As has been pointed out, even the BBS allows people to post negative opinions about Maxis and/or EA to some extent.

To only allow positive opinions to be posted is not giving an accurate picture of anything. If you are going to do that you might as consider your site an infomercial for the game.

Oh and regarding posting items from the booster pack that have not already been offered free as piracy, I guess TSR must be pirates then because they have several objects on their site that are directly cloned, unmodified NL objects that people who don't have NL can download.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 November 21, 19:14:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Has anyone read this: http://www.sims2community.com/showthread.php?t=8711

Doesn't it sound just like a thread on the exchange?? Delphy should be proud: he censored everyone or drove them away and now he has exactly what everyone was leaving when they flocked by the thousands to his place Smiley Wow! Good job. And in just a little over a year too.

Delphy: congrats man, well done.
Sounds like the  Lets all kiss Maxis Ass Forum

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: