More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 02:02:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  The oh so valuble folder of saves
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The oh so valuble folder of saves  (Read 3642 times)
aspinL
Dimwitted Dunce

Every me and every you.

View Profile
The oh so valuble folder of saves
« on: 2009 December 02, 03:21:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I'm sure you've noticed by now that after installing WA your save files are made into folders and there's a .legacy file name. So, I was wondering what in the heck is the .legacy file for? How come some are just .sims3 but some are .legacy?
And should you delete the .backup saves before you save again, as I read that it confuses the WA installed games' save? Just saw that patch 2.2 is supposed to fix said error 16s.
Tever
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: The oh so valuble folder of saves
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 02, 06:08:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a theory floating around that the .backups are what cause blue lot syndrome. You can read through the 90% of Sunset Valley is Gone thread for details. As for the .legacys, no idea. Move them to your desktop, and if it seems to have affected your save game, just put them back.
purplehaze
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 02, 06:43:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, the blue lots can be caused by CC. In particular Lemoncandy's old plants file. They could also be caused by other CC problems. Blanket statements are rarely correct. YMMV.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them, and you have their shoes."
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 02, 10:47:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The .legacy file can be used as a backup, safely. (from my learnings and research around the community) I just store a copy after every game play, but that is my voodoo.  Also from reading, .backup seems to corrupt quickly and has been written that others can play their hoods longer with it removed from the "Saves" folder. I also tend to save it in my "gameplay" folder on my desktop just in case. I am still using the "Save As" method to hopefully keep my hood.

However, with all the blue lots issues I have experienced in the past and performing all the voodoo and chants, I have been playing my new hood (the old hoods before patch are useless) for 1 week and may finally install WA soon. (fingers crossed) <= this is sad!

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
aspinL
Dimwitted Dunce

Every me and every you.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 02, 17:15:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You know what's sad? Not only am I terrified to even open my legacy hood, which started from the very first people I made when the game came out, but even if I wanted to I can't. Because I've installed WA twice now and not once has it got past the loading screen after launching it. I feel kinda left out. Everyone else gets to report on everything that's screwed in their game, but I just get to have orange load screen for the rest of my life.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 December 02, 17:17:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Boo hoo? I haven't even patched yet because it's installed on my computer at home and the only time I get to myself is between finals on my laptop.

INFP or something
aspinL
Dimwitted Dunce

Every me and every you.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 December 02, 17:27:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The .legacy file can be used as a backup, safely. (from my learnings and research around the community) I just store a copy after every game play, but that is my voodoo.  Also from reading, .backup seems to corrupt quickly and has been written that others can play their hoods longer with it removed from the "Saves" folder. I also tend to save it in my "gameplay" folder on my desktop just in case. I am still using the "Save As" method to hopefully keep my hood.
Hmmm, terrific programming from EA there. .backup files cause problems as opposed as to what they're supposed to do which is actually try to fix a messed up save problem. It's like they knew they were gonna screw up so they made another save file type for people to figure out what to do with it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: