More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 16, 13:21:47

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Continually changing chemistry
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Continually changing chemistry  (Read 6996 times)
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
Continually changing chemistry
« on: 2006 January 03, 23:57:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not really a bug, or even an annoyance, just something odd I've noticed.

Lucy Burb has married her highschool / college sweetheart Randy London.  When they were living seperately (in between Lucy and Randy graduating), they had two bolts for eachother.  I've never had them change turn ons/offs or aspiration.  Lucy's turn ons are formalwear and cologne, and Randy's are fitness and custom hair.  As soon as Randy graduated and moved in with Lucy, they picked up a third bolt.  Whenever they're both on the lot they have three bolts, and when one of them goes to work they drop to two bolts.

I also noticed that Randy kept his pre-Uni memories of Lucy (their first date, kiss, falling in love) even though I usually let my townies keep their amnesia.  (I hate finding out that the townie my sim just married had his first kiss with her grandmother!)

Weird.

<insert witty comment here>
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
Re: Continually changing chemistry
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 04, 00:50:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A third bolt is added when a sim is on the lot when they really like each other.  It's Maxis' way of keeping together marriges that you already had befor NL.
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 04, 00:57:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They got together after NL.  I have seen repelled sims lose the crossed out bolt when they become romantically involved despite themselves, but they don't become repulsed again when one leaves the lot.

This is the only couple I've seen where the chemistry actually fluctuates depending on where they are.

Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 04, 02:55:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maxis put that feature in for all relationships.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 04, 03:12:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I notice in CAS that some formal wear are also available as everyday wear.  Does Randy wear a suit or anything that look like a formal wear as everyday wear?  If so, it would explain why when he leaves for work they drop to two bolts instead of three.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 04, 03:15:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is the only couple I've seen where the chemistry actually fluctuates depending on where they are.

guess this is a case of the heart Not growing fonder in absence *laughs*

I always laugh when I set a "turn on" for underwear and they lose a bolt when their partner gets dressed  Grin
vecki
Querulous Quidnunc

Moar Average Than You

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 04, 03:16:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(Sad, really I only moved him in last night and I've already forgotten what he was wearing!)

I don't THINK it was formalwear.  He definitely wasn't wearing formalwear at college and they had three bolts there - all the time regardless whether they were at class or not.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 04, 03:21:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally, I think the whole turnon/offs system is bugged!  But what Maxis created interaction isn't?

Zephyr Zodiac
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 05, 14:46:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is itpossible that sims will auotmatically get one more bolt if they are "True love" with each other or something?

I've been reading more and more posts about unexplainable change of bolts. so I too have been wondering wether the attraction system or the turn on/off is bugged... Undecided

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 January 06, 21:53:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Several of my sim couples bop back and forth between two and three bolts and I've yet to track it down to any specific reason.  It sometimes happens when they're home, sometimes happens when one's away--no set pattern to any of it.  Some of my sims have turn-ons set that their loved one has all the time (like hair color, make-up, facial hair or what have you) and others have things like formalwear when their love interest rarely, if ever, actually wears it.  In fact, one sim has the turn-on of formalwear and dark hair.  Her hubby has dark hair.  They have three bolts all the time.  Another couple's turn-ons and turn-offs are set to match each other and theirs fluctuates constantly.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 January 07, 01:45:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I honestly don't think they work terribly well!  I've even edited them in SimPE to have about six turn-ons and three turn offs, and nothing changes!  I have some Family/Romance couples who get at least two bolts, some only get one.  I have some Romance/Romance couples who get three all the time, some don't get any, even though they've been together forever!  Changing turnons/offs sometimes makes it worse!  However, having a dream date with their partner can up the number of bolts for a while!

Zephyr Zodiac
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 January 07, 01:56:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had one sim couple that lost a bolt after getting married. Before they got married, they had 3 bolts. Then they only had two. I'm not quite sure what happened really. Their appearance didn't change or anything. Maybe the sparks finally went out?

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 January 07, 01:59:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps Maxis is attempting to make Sim marriages reflect what (they think) happens to real life relationships?

Zephyr Zodiac
TheCheat
Corpulent Cretin

Yeah man. I'll gnaw your face off.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 January 07, 02:04:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nightlife's Chemistry system was designed with the intention of allowing couples who had already "earned their wings" (i.e. they were in love/engaged/married) to stay together easier by making it impossible for them to have any negative Chemistry.

Note: This is according to the Prima guide. We all know that the Prima guide isn't always right...
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 January 07, 02:12:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe not, but I would say that having no chemistry at all is rather sad!  Especially odd when they still keep having all the flirt with, play with, kiss, hug etc. wants for each other!  If a couple have fallen out of love (no chemistry left) then they don't get these wants, just maybe talk to and play with, not the others!

Zephyr Zodiac
TheCheat
Corpulent Cretin

Yeah man. I'll gnaw your face off.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 January 07, 02:17:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The system implemented for loves/engages/marriages usually results in at least one bolt for the said couple. Well, from my experience anyways...
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 January 07, 02:27:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not when you first load their house after installing NL - you have to work on it for a bit, tweaking their turn ons/ offs etc.  I've just been through around 40 houses, installing the Lot Sync Timer, and many that I hadn't been to before, I had to do this.

Also darend annoying how the lot has been reset to midnight with everyone on full energy and work in the morning!!!!!

Zephyr Zodiac
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 January 07, 15:10:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nightlife's Chemistry system was designed with the intention of allowing couples who had already "earned their wings" (i.e. they were in love/engaged/married) to stay together easier by making it impossible for them to have any negative Chemistry.

Note: This is according to the Prima guide. We all know that the Prima guide isn't always right...

I guess that makes sense. I was playing Don's condo last night, and he had a crossed out bolt with Mary-Sue. By the time he had a crush (no love, just crush) it had changed to one bolt, and neither Don nor Mary-Sue had changed. It was quite odd, but made things easier for Don!  Tongue

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: