Error codes 12 and 13 along with crashing.

<< < (26/68) > >>

Simsample:
Quote from: slymenstra on 2009 September 16, 15:10:49

I decided to try to get those 2 other cache files to load since I was only spawning the objects and through some deleting I got both files to spawn, and removed any cache in the main directory (The sunsetvalley.objectcache thing).

Out of curiosity, what did you delete to get the sim cache spawned?

Slymenstra:
Well I had at first created a blank Sunset Valley.objectCache.  This spawned just the Sunset Valley_objects.package not the sims.  So I deleted the blank objectcache and the objects package and just loaded the game that way.  After I loaded the game I now have Sunset Valley_objects.package and Sunset Valley_sims.package in the World Caches folder.  I found I had less error 12s (I do not get error 13s currently)

Then out of curiosity I added back the original Sunset Valley.objectCache that came with the game.  I error 12ed left and right.  So I redeleted it and I am back to just a few.  And by a few I mean I had the Sims on for 4 hours and error 12 came only twice, while the other way it was almost every save.

Steele:

Quote from: Steele on 2009 September 16, 14:37:08

Now, it's now clear to me that the problem is somehow resident within the cache files. With the object.package and sim.package caches has bloated to 208Mb and 216Mb, I may try some more experimentations on it. Namely, delete the files while the game is loaded and see what havoc happens.

Result: not possible. The game locks all the cache files to prevent outside access or deletion. The game accesses all riverview and sunset valley caches at the same time.

Quote from: Steele on 2009 September 16, 14:37:08

Another thing to try before that is to replace the objectcache file and see if all these 3 cache files will stack.

[Resources]
CacheBudget=209715200

[Config]
DBCacheSubdirName   = DCCache
DBCacheMaxSizeMB   = 200
CrashDumpLocation = \\nido\crashdumps\Sims3
ExportBinSubdirName = Library
InstalledWorldsSubdirName = InstalledWorlds
InstallationRequired = 0

Can't really determine if it stacks since performance is the same.

Changing DBCacheMaxSizeMB from 200 to 2000 does not seem to have any impact.

Will be testing CacheBudget=524288000 and see what happens

diana:
Please disregard my previous post since code 12 is back in full force, regardless of all the low graphic settings.  :'(

diana:
Quote from: slymenstra on 2009 September 16, 16:58:34

Well I had at first created a blank Sunset Valley.objectCache.  This spawned just the Sunset Valley_objects.package not the sims.  So I deleted the blank objectcache and the objects package and just loaded the game that way.  After I loaded the game I now have Sunset Valley_objects.package and Sunset Valley_sims.package in the World Caches folder.

How do you create a blank objectCache? I'd like to try that too because i'm really starting to hate this game and hope there is something that works to make these errors right before I just walk away from the whole thing, which I'm on the verge of doing.

It's so mind boggling that a big compary like EA would release the world's supposedly most poplular game with such deep flaws, like not being able to save a game like the sims 3. Its so senseless, and to add insult to injury they hold back all the crappy objects they should have added to the game at its release but opted to sell them at EA online store for things that add up to a small fortune in the end for their customers. And then they have the nerve to be silent about these error's. How do they sleep at night?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page