Error codes 12 and 13 along with crashing.

<< < (24/68) > >>

Slymenstra:
I am running Vista Home Prem 64bit, 4 gigs of ram, and 2 GeForce 9800 GT.  I have tried the turning down the graphics to crap level and I still get the error.

One thing that I noticed is whenever my Sims "break up" with a Sim and I go to save within a couple minutes of that, I get the error 12.  I was wondering if this has anything to do with it, since with Awesome Mod the sims in the neighborhood are constantly in and out of relationships with the awesome story driver.  Maybe one of them broke up before my save activated.  I also error a ton at birthday parties after the Sim aged.  My neighborhood currently is played Legacy style and they are on their 3rd generation set on Epic aging.  There are 111 sims in the hood.  I do have a ton of custom houses and have edited several community lots.  My Legacy house is 30/40 lot and has a ton of shit in it.

I don't know the first thing about coding so I have no way to find out anything, but I hope this may help someone.

tizerist:
Quote from: Steele on 2009 September 15, 01:50:02

If you have the empty objectCache file or the original 979Mb file, the package files will not generate or update.

The two new files are updating for me, they are getting larger. I thought  it made them generate, not stopped them from generating?  :P

Steele:
Quote from: tizerist on 2009 September 15, 04:15:46

Quote from: Steele on 2009 September 15, 01:50:02

If you have the empty objectCache file or the original 979Mb file, the package files will not generate or update.

The two new files are updating for me, they are getting larger. I thought  it made them generate, not stopped them from generating?  :P

The two files are getting larger as the need for cache rises. Sorry for any misunderstanding, in my case, if objectCache file is present, the package files will not generate or update. When the objectCache file is removed, Sunset Valley will generate and update the package files in order to be playable. Same as how the game treats the Riverview hood.

What I do not understand in EA's logic, is why put 2 different cache methods if both will work. And why it is different for Sunset Valley and Riverview. Make me wonder which one of these 2 cache methods are more stable.

So far my package files stopped growing at 280+Mb for the object cache and 160+Mb for the sim cache. Which makes me think that the 979Mb has sufficient allocation for the base game.

Quote from: slymenstra on 2009 September 15, 02:15:15

One thing that I noticed is whenever my Sims "break up" with a Sim and I go to save within a couple minutes of that, I get the error 12.  I was wondering if this has anything to do with it, since with Awesome Mod the sims in the neighborhood are constantly in and out of relationships with the awesome story driver.  Maybe one of them broke up before my save activated.  I also error a ton at birthday parties after the Sim aged.  My neighborhood currently is played Legacy style and they are on their 3rd generation set on Epic aging.  There are 111 sims in the hood.  I do have a ton of custom houses and have edited several community lots.  My Legacy house is 30/40 lot and has a ton of shit in it.

That's what I also believed in the beginning, but it's so random that I cannot trace what action, event or background apps that's causing the error. But the most common noticeable occurrence in my part is whenever I make additions to the house or when a sim ages.

I'm not also sure if it has to do with some CCs from TSR. The weird stuff is that I find patterns and clothes from TSR loaded into my game that I did not install. I have not been adding new custom content except for Awesomemod updates after purging all the downloaded houses from my game weeks ago.

Quote from: bigpooh on 2009 September 15, 01:16:04

I have error code 13 which has something to do with me having added 5 custom lots and 2 eaxis with 2 families (all to empty unconverted residential lots) to my previously unmolested sunset valley. Got the 13 a day after adding the last two custom lots.

it's possible that the game may have a unwritten maximum object per lot basis. Or a maximum number of sims per neighborhood dead or alive. With an empty neighborhood except for my legacy family/house. I still get error 13s.

I also think that the game retains all the data for every sim who lived in the hood. In preparation that you might want to resurrect a dead sim back to life. Deleting the tomb stones still retains all the data, The only data that gets broken is the fish caught credit, especially if the fish outlives the sim. Discovered celestial objects record seems to be localized to the sim who discovered it, so if the sim dies it just get buried somewhere. Written books credit gets overwritten if the new author re-uses a book title, the credits for the original author might get overwritten or dumped somewhere in the code. The other information seems to be left intact with the sim data. Sims deleted by the Awesomemod "Destoyall..." command or the NRAAS supercomputer seems to delete all data of the sim.

Oh, the game will also have more frequent error 13s when you are able to make the grim reaper to become part of the household after the update. grim will still vanish physically but spiritually he's still in your lot. all you'll see is his foot shadows and his head when you use the pie menu. If you want the invisible man in your game, that's one way of achieving it.

Simsample:
Quote from: Steele on 2009 September 15, 05:54:57

What I do not understand in EA's logic, is why put 2 different cache methods if both will work. And why it is different for Sunset Valley and Riverview. Make me wonder which one of these 2 cache methods are more stable.

I think the one is there if the other fails. It is only by corrupting the original object cache file that the object package file is created. If this file is broken for any reason then the game rebuilds the cache elsewhere, as a contingency.

Steele:
Quote from: Simsample on 2009 September 15, 10:41:37

Quote from: Steele on 2009 September 15, 05:54:57

I think the one is there if the other fails. It is only by corrupting the original object cache file that the object package file is created. If this file is broken for any reason then the game rebuilds the cache elsewhere, as a contingency.

Yes, I agree that it is for contingency. But why only for Sunset Valley? What about Riverview?

Edit: it just came to me, maybe Riverview was not supposed to be released with the base game. Perhaps it was intended as an add on with the EP. Due to the leak they were forced to release it as a marketing ploy to encourage people to get the original. Thinking about it now, I remember that there were some complains and problems from the players about Riverview.

Funny, I just answered my own question.

Edit #2 Made some observations on the save file sizes. Whenever Error 13 occurs, the save file is 95-98% of a good saved file. If Error 12 occur, the save file size is roughly 58-69% of a good save.

Also Error 13 is resident in the memory and will not go away unless the problem is resolved, or it becomes an error 12, or you reload your game. Going to the main menu and reloading a previous save file will not resolve the problem, you'll get the error 13 when you try to save.

So error 13 may largely be a corruption in the cache or memory. And in the readme says that it's a Post-Save Callback failure, would probably mean that the game saved with errors in it, hence, the almost complete file size.

For error 12 the pattern in my game seems to point to a problem in the current played lot. It could either be a sim with bad description. Debug code "fixall and resetsim (simname)" does not help, NRAAS supercomputer "reset lot" interaction also no effect, Moving and replacing the lot to reset the lot and sims crashes the game most of the time.

Another observation is my ghosts seems to cause some of the problems. I found one of the experimental debug codes which fixes the aging states of sims. Upon running the debug code, I got 14 bad sim descriptions corrected and 13 of them are ghosts of the default sunset graveyard. The game ran 3x longer than my average play time before the dreaded error 13. And the error 13 is somehow triggered by a ghost spawning in my lot. The ghost did not spawn physically, the music played was for ghosts and burglars, since all my sims are still awake then it can only be a ghost.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page