Error codes 12 and 13 along with crashing.

(1/68) > >>

Nin_the_Destroyer:
Four days ago I started getting Error codes 12 and 13. I know how to fix the problem when it arises: Just erase the .bad file and restart the game. But they're popping up left and right making it very hard to enjoy the game. I can't save.

And just recently, (starting last night), I've been experiencing crashes along with the error codes.

So, I did some research and I found out that The Sims 3 sytem requirement page does not mention my operating system which is Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit.

And I got thinking that maybe the problems I'm having with The Sims 3 is related to a compatibility problem. Does anyone know if this is correct? I tried running in compatibility mode but it's not working.

Someone mentioned I wait until another patch is released. And they also suggested I re-install the game. But other reports tell me that re-installing did absolutely nothing for their problems. (They're problems are identical to mine.)

I had AwesomeMod installed but I removed it thinking that maybe it was the cause of my qualms. But that's not the case because the problems returned today.

I was referred here to ask for help. I would appreciate any solutions to these issues.

Thanks.

Phthon:
I am also running on Vista 64 with absolutely no problems...probably something else.

Nin_the_Destroyer:
Yes, it's probably something else.

Maybe it's mods? I don't have that many on though and most of them are just pattern mods, house mods and five mods that fix little things here and there.

Do you think the mods could be the blame? I mean, there aren't any updates for them and I did install that new patch.

Slymenstra:
Just wanted to add that I started to have the same crash today.  I have Windows Vista 64 bit too.  I had gotten these crashes back with the leaked version, and no mods.  I now have the retail version and only use Awesomemod.  This is my first error 12 crash since retail came out.  I am patched as well.

My saved file was marked as bad and was ruined.  The only thing was weird to me before the crash was I tried to use familyfunds cheat and it would not work.  I had testingcheatsenabled but for some reason it didn't work.  Then I tried to save and...blah.

Nin_the_Destroyer:
On another forums that I'm asking help at is reporting the same problem. What gets me though is that a lot of people aren't experiencing these problems. It's like a 50-50 chance.

My sister has the same exact computer build as I do and she hasn't experienced any problems whatsoever with TS3. Granted she doesn't play as much I used to but that shouldn't make a difference.

This morning I was playing and everything went great for a bit and I thought my problems were over! But when I went to save, the game crashed.

Edit: Spelling

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page