More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 16:21:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Ghost gives "sim died on another lot" message. VBT?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ghost gives "sim died on another lot" message. VBT?  (Read 2435 times)
Annan
Swedish Pudding Chef
Senator

INTP/J: Bork!

View Profile WWW
Ghost gives "sim died on another lot" message. VBT?
« on: 2007 May 16, 20:20:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A very much dead sim on my legacish lot gave me a "sim died on another lot..."-message when she came to haunt. She's been dead for a generation or so and has haunted without any problems before. I haven't moved her grave, nor have I done anything out of the ordinary.

I've got all expansions + GLS and Celebrations. The only hacks I have are Pescado's DC, with TwoJeff's Homework sometimes and ACR. Nothing spectacular happened before I got that message either. I tried the lot debugger to see if there was something it wanted to fix, but nothing.

I searched before asking, but found nothing relevant.

... help?

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
Re: Ghost gives "sim died on another lot" message. VBT?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 May 16, 23:49:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got the same message about Gunther Goth when I recently restarted PV.  It was the first night on the Goth lot, and there was a storm.  Gunther was out haunting at the time.

I wasn't watching his ghost at the time, so it may be possible that either he or his gravestone was struck by lightning.  The gravestone is still on the lot and Morty got another memory of Gunther dying out of it, as well as wants and fears about Gunther's resurrection, zombies, etc.
« Last Edit: 2007 May 16, 23:55:17 by Kyna » Logged

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Ghost gives "sim died on another lot" message. VBT?
« Reply #2 on: 2007 May 17, 00:12:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"Died on another lot" from ghosts popping up is a normal in-game nuisance. It can be slightly bad since every related sim in the neighborhood will suffer the "relative dies" fear hit again everytime that ghost appears.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: