More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 14:00:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Finish studying dammit!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Finish studying dammit!  (Read 5547 times)
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

What Would Brian Kinney Do?

View Profile WWW
Finish studying dammit!
« on: 2007 March 21, 02:05:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This doesn't happen all the time, but it's often enough to make me want to stab Seasons. My sims will study from the Education reward bookshelf but after a few seconds they put the book back, with macrotastics they get stuck in the loop of grabbing a book and putting it back. What could be causing this?

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
Re: Finish studying dammit!
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 21, 04:16:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lack of Fun?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 21, 04:18:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could be a motive failure issue that you didn't equip the lot to deal with, especially if intermittent. This is especially the case with children, which lack the ability to prepare usable food, so must be stocked with inventory-food.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 March 21, 08:02:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have experienced this as well, mostly with charisma, logic, and body. Motives are fine. It happended with the female sim on the lot, the male vampire sim had no problem sticking with studying these things. She is the one who works in the education career. It also happened at another lot, but I had dismissed it because it was in a Uni hood, and I thought maybe that affected it. These are the only two lots I have had it on.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 March 21, 08:23:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This possibly sounds motive-based, as vampires are not affected by motive decay during the night. If a motive drops below autonomous quit and no method is found to restore it, the Skillinator will try to push onwards and this kind of behavior will result. If you're CERTAIN it's not motives, I have no idea what the cause could be at this point, but we will investigate the problem.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 March 21, 08:43:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the problem is not motives-based, it could be personality-based. Sims that are playful and/or active do not like to read, study, or watch the Yummy Channel.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 March 21, 12:14:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that I think about it, it could also be a corrupted study object. I had this exact problem with a weight machine, replaced it with a new one, and suddenly my sim could work out again.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 March 21, 12:28:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could be a motive failure issue that you didn't equip the lot to deal with, especially if intermittent. This is especially the case with children, which lack the ability to prepare usable food, so must be stocked with inventory-food.

Will they not get leftovers out of the fridge?

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 March 21, 12:39:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed the same behaviour. 

It doesn't occur while using the bookcase for "traditional" bookcase skills - cooking, mechanical and cleaning - but it does occur when using the education bookcase to study other skills.  I've seen it happen in a house with plenty of snapdragons where low motives clearly weren't the issue.  The fact that it only occurs with non-traditional bookcase skills also suggests it's not a motive issue, otherwise they'd also be doing this when studying cooking, mechanical & cleaning.

I find clicking "macro ... concentrate" allows them to continue studying from the bookcase without the ADHD behaviour.  I have to catch them while they are actually reading though, sometimes they've already closed the book and then I have to wait for them to put the book away/down, pick it up again, sit down with it and open it before I try to catch them again while they are reading it.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2007 March 21, 12:56:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Will they not get leftovers out of the fridge?

They do not seem to get leftovers through free will, and I don't think Pescado has programmed the feature into his hacks either. I suspect that's a feature that will appear in due course, and when it does we will all pretend not to notice, or if sufficiently moved, we may press the thanks button for the sound of a lovel baa.

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

What Would Brian Kinney Do?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 March 21, 20:51:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed the same behaviour. 

It doesn't occur while using the bookcase for "traditional" bookcase skills - cooking, mechanical and cleaning - but it does occur when using the education bookcase to study other skills.  I've seen it happen in a house with plenty of snapdragons where low motives clearly weren't the issue.  The fact that it only occurs with non-traditional bookcase skills also suggests it's not a motive issue, otherwise they'd also be doing this when studying cooking, mechanical & cleaning.

I find clicking "macro ... concentrate" allows them to continue studying from the bookcase without the ADHD behaviour.  I have to catch them while they are actually reading though, sometimes they've already closed the book and then I have to wait for them to put the book away/down, pick it up again, sit down with it and open it before I try to catch them again while they are reading it.

Yeah I have a bunch of snapdragons around the house, so all the sims using it stayed full green. Come to think of it, I've only had problems with the nontraditional skills, so maybe that's it, I'll try the concentrate macro.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
twooflower
Exasperating Eyesore

INTJ and/or P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2007 March 22, 00:49:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm glad you shared this, because I've had the same problem.  I love to use skillinator, but it seems inefficient with the reward bookcase.  I'll try "concentrate" now.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 March 22, 01:19:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've tracked down the cause of this ADHD issue: Apparently, stupid Maxis forgot to reclassify the new "study" actions as SKILL OBJECT actions, and instead classified them as a low-grade fun-object, which means they quickly drop from queue. The ADHD correction code has been turned on for these actions.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: