More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 16:53:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  The kid is stuck on the school bus!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The kid is stuck on the school bus!  (Read 9108 times)
arielle
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
The kid is stuck on the school bus!
« on: 2006 April 28, 16:43:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Soooo, the little darling goes to school on the bus, and since mom and dad have some free time, they go to the beach (a community lot) in their sports car and get back just before time for their daughter to come home from school.  Mama goes to work, the bus pulls up in front of the house, the nanny comes, but then the bus starts honking like it's time to go to school and she never gets off the bus.  It gets dark, the bus lights come on, and it just stays in front of the house. 

Is there a relatively easy way to fix this?  I was thinking I'd have to go into another lot, get the daughter moved into that lot, then go back into the original lot to see if she is gone, then move her back home.  I am not even sure this will work. 

Any ideas, anyone? 

Thanks.

Arielle
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
Re: The kid is stuck on the school bus!
« Reply #1 on: 2006 April 28, 16:55:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had similar things like this happen. I end up using the FFS lot debugger and "force error" which resets everyone on the lot. Seems to work just fine for me but maybe someone else has a different idea (but I would try that if I were you). Grin

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
arielle
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 April 28, 17:03:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the quick answer - I'll go hunt that debugger thingie down and try it.  Grin
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 April 28, 18:06:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It happened to me with the Curious alien kid. After waiting quite a long time, I used "move objects on" and deleted the bus with the kid in it. I found then the kid in the middle of the kitchen, without need to exit the house.

Next day I was very tense to see if the bus will come as usual. I decided that it won't come, I'll move the family out.

It came as usual.
arielle
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 April 28, 18:17:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I already tried that, Gali - turned move objects on - but it wouldn't let me delete the bus.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 April 28, 18:32:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Deleting the bus worked pre-OFB but since they locked the tiles beyond the sidewalk, it doesn't work anymore. You might want to try downloading Windkeeper's fix from MTS2 and either delete the bus or move it somewhere other than in front of the mailbox (I'm guessing that's where the bus door is). I'm not sure if it will work as I have not tried her fix yet, but it may be worth a shot.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
arielle
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 April 28, 18:49:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the suggestion but I already had Windkeeper's fix and I still can't get rid of the school bus.  I have dl'd the MATY hack and will try that when I load up the game (during which time it is loading, I have time to watch all the afternoon soaps and the evening news - I GOTTA clean up my downloads folder!).

Arielle

Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 April 28, 18:51:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rather than deleting the school bus, try moving the mailbox.  Even if you don't have Windkeeper's fix, you can at least place the mailbox somewhere where it isn't blocking the school bus door.  I have done this several times and it always seems to fix the problem.  Deleting the school bus won't keep the problem from recurring in the future.

Karen
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 April 28, 20:59:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Enable debugging cheats, shift-click the mailbox, and chose ‘teleport Sim here’. Then force an error on the Sim (may not always be needed).

I second karen's advice of moving the mailbox: improper placement of this is often the cause.
arielle
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 April 29, 01:14:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Woot!  Karen was right!  The mailbox was blocking my lil darlin' from getting off the bus, and I figured out why... mama just got promoted and her hours changed ... she had to leave in her car to go to work at the exact time the bus brought my girl home ... The bus couldn't go where it usually does cause mama's car was in the way ... so it stopped right in front of the mailbox.  I moved the mailbox and bingo, out she came.  Phew, I am soo relieved!  Thank you all, and especially Karen, for all your helpful advice.   Grin 

Arielle
Tina G
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 April 30, 22:36:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, I also had that same problem. I eventually found out that Windkeeper's new mailbox cover was causing the kid to get stuck on the bus. I removed it and it stopped the problem but, I like the mailbox cover. Therefore, I moved the mailbox, put the cover back on and it was all fixed.
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 May 01, 00:25:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had similar problems.  It mostly happens on the Goth lot for me when Alexander comes home from school.

I found turning on testingcheats and forcing an error on the bus works.  The kid will pop up somewhere on the lot.  But they won't have any homework.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 May 01, 12:29:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If they show up without their homework or they lose it, and you're using Monique's computer, "do homework" will still come up under the study option so you can do it and their grades don't go down. Very handy. I've even done this when I moved someone and left their homework behind.

Unsouper
Ruann
Dimwitted Dunce

An overactive male imagination

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2006 May 01, 15:33:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If they show up without their homework or they lose it, and you're using Monique's computer, "do homework" will still come up under the study option so you can do it and their grades don't go down. Very handy. I've even done this when I moved someone and left their homework behind.

Their grades won't go down anyway if the homework object doesn't exist. 
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 May 01, 18:12:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah I suppose it's only useful for folks like me then, that get tired of trying to figure out where the heck they hid the book now :)

Unsouper
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 May 01, 22:23:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't have to figure out where the homework is, if you just hit macro->do homework. It will automatically seek-and-destroy.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 May 01, 22:25:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

except macro>do homework isn't available if the sim has errored while putting the homework down, resulting in homework that is kinda stuck mid air in suspended animation...
vega_pleiades
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 June 01, 01:00:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been having a similar problem when there is more than one kid on the bus. The first kid gets off the bus fine and lays his homework down, but the other kids jump, and have no homework objects.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 June 01, 02:22:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Get the error log for the jump. That should explain why it jumped. Clearly, though, this is the work of the non-Awesome!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Myth
Pinheaded Pissant

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 June 05, 12:29:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been having a similar problem when there is more than one kid on the bus. The first kid gets off the bus fine and lays his homework down, but the other kids jump, and have no homework objects.

I haven't seen the kids jump, but have seen the second child off the bus lose their homework while waiting for the first sibling off to stop cheering his grade.  I think I've seen a mod that kept child A from cheering so child B could get off the bus, if I find it I'll repost.
« Last Edit: 2006 June 05, 12:39:48 by Myth » Logged

Rohina: Motion to Expel Myth from the Senate. Just testing an hypothesis. Nothing to do with the fact that she smells like ass.
Flowerchile: Have you be'd norty again Mythie?
Mythchick: No, I just followed Rohina around a little and now smell like ass.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: