More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 05:35:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  school grr, piano pain and spiral stairs.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: school grr, piano pain and spiral stairs.  (Read 5503 times)
Aphrodite
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
school grr, piano pain and spiral stairs.
« on: 2008 September 04, 09:54:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it just me or did we lose the ability to cancel out putting down homework with AL? It's driving me nuts that Sim kids are walking up 3 flights of steps to their apartment just to put their schoolbooks by the desk in their home. Teens just barely put their homework down then have to go to work. Waste of time.

Pretty much all sims who have attempted to play the piano are not even completing one skill before they stop for no plausible reason.

Why can't Sims run up spiral stairs like they can normal staircases? I want them to run, dammit.

Aph
Surelyfunke
Bearded Bigamist
Querulous Quidnunc

Beard is yours for $2.50 at Rose Sims!

View Profile
Re: school grr, piano pain and spiral stairs.
« Reply #1 on: 2008 September 04, 11:27:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been able to cancel out so they drop it on the floor. But I've noticed that they no longer use the One Desk. Like, they'll go upstairs to put homework on the desk in their bedroom (which is the second desk purchased for the house) rather than the desk downstairs (the desk bought first and closest to door).

GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 September 04, 11:42:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, mine go towards the One Desk, then drop it on the floor in front of it.  It's not blocked as i can put the homework on the desk and they can do it.  True, the desk was already in the apt when i rented it (using the shift/click to rent furnished).  Guess i need to try buying a new desk just to test that theory out.  lol

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 September 04, 11:46:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, mine go towards the One Desk, then drop it on the floor in front of it.  It's not blocked as i can put the homework on the desk and they can do it.  True, the desk was already in the apt when i rented it (using the shift/click to rent furnished).  Guess i need to try buying a new desk just to test that theory out.  lol

Is the square to the right of the desk free?  I've noticed before that kids won't put their homework on an empty desk if they can't stand to the right of it.

In AL I've noticed that if they can't put their homework near The One Desk (e.g. a traffic jam near the desk), they'll head off to the second desk.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2008 September 04, 12:05:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In AL I've noticed that if they can't put their homework near The One Desk (e.g. a traffic jam near the desk), they'll head off to the second desk.

In Pre-AL games, if Seasons Country desk happens to be The One Desk, Sims put homework on the ground as soon as they get off the school bus. That desk is specifically designed to block homework route, otherwise Sims' arms will go right through the side panel when they're standing to the right side of the desk.

Haven't tried in AL yet.

GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 September 04, 13:16:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, that would most definitely explain it.  Playing the trailer lot, and there's not much room.  The teen's room has space for the desk next to the closet, so there's no space to the right of the desk.  Thanks.  At least i know they're trying to put it on the One Desk for me.  Smiley
   In another trailer, there's no desk at all (parents and 1 child, and no room to spare), and the kid is bringing the homework inside, not dropping it outside unless i cancel.  I have no idea what they're going to do next, she just got preggers with twins on their first try.  (And i also agree with that one poster, they seem to be getting preg easier).

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 September 04, 16:51:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it just me or did we lose the ability to cancel out putting down homework with AL? It's driving me nuts that Sim kids are walking up 3 flights of steps to their apartment just to put their schoolbooks by the desk in their home. Teens just barely put their homework down then have to go to work. Waste of time.

Pretty much all sims who have attempted to play the piano are not even completing one skill before they stop for no plausible reason.

Why can't Sims run up spiral stairs like they can normal staircases? I want them to run, dammit.

Aph

I, too, have all of these issues in my game.  I can't cancel out the "At School" icon at all.  They go all the way to their apartment to put it down on the desk (where they can't pick it back up--known issue, I know).
I've only had the piano jump bug a couple of times.  They just stop and stand up.  Usually, they'll autonomously go back to it.

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 September 07, 11:17:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Piano "bug" is not really a jump bug, but actually an annoying form of ADHD produced by a coding error. It is fixed in the unofficial patch.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lerf
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 September 07, 14:26:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having the homework issue too.  It doesn't matter which desk you use as the One Desk, or whether it's sitting on a rotunda in the middle of the room with nothing around it the little twits put the homework on the floor next to it instead.
YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 September 08, 02:28:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Prima Game Guide reports that students will no longer place their homework on the "common area" ground on Apartment Lots... However, my Sims still place it on the ground (after I cancel the At School action), which is annoying, because I am not allowed to pick it up in Buy/Build Mode.

« Last Edit: 2008 September 08, 06:16:56 by YoungOldPrude » Logged

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life—music and cats." ~Albert Schweitzer

"Happy people can be so cruel."
~ Claudia of Silent Hill 3.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 September 08, 13:20:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Macro/do homework -- they find it wherever it is. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: