More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 00:41:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Flooded basement
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Flooded basement  (Read 7898 times)
Aphrodite
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Flooded basement
« on: 2008 August 08, 00:05:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I spent ages building an awesome spec home then packaged it.  I also moved it to the lots and houses bin to duplicate and upon placing it back I now have a flooded basement. 

I realised my mistake, I built in stoopid Veronaville, but I can't recall how to unflood the basement, any help appreciated, and also, is the lot permanently borked now?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Flooded basement
« Reply #1 on: 2008 August 08, 00:15:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The basement isn't actually flooded. That's just a side effect which occurs if you position the lot close to the neighborhood water level. It doesn't actually function as part of the lot itself. Just move the lot to higher ground and the water should go away.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Aphrodite
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 August 08, 00:18:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know the flooding is just an effect, shame that, but how do I get shot of said 'blue' basement effect?

Also, I added the same lot to another hood with no visible water level and I still have the same problem.

I'm thinking bulldoze is my only option.
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2008 August 08, 00:52:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Visible water shouldn't have anything to do with it.. Try putting it in a higher elevation. And in-game camera should get footage of flooded basements. If not, Gadwin does.

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 August 08, 02:37:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Also, I added the same lot to another hood with no visible water level and I still have the same problem.
The water level exists in a neighborhood even if it is not visible, and if you dig a deep enough pit, it floods.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 August 08, 03:53:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Especially on terrains built with BV in mind...people tend to prefer both flat regular lots and as-close-to-flat-as-possible beach lots, which means the entire terrain is really shallow. My main 'hood, Teardrop Isle, has near 45o incline beach lots and it takes forever for me to reach water level. My secondary 'hood, Silent Crossing, has super-flat beach lots and therefore in the interior it only takes two clicks to get water.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2008 August 08, 04:11:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love Camp Tebqoter on The Sporum for it's FLAT!ness. I'm always on the lookout for neighborhood terrains where there's at least a good section of entire FLAT at the roads. Perfection for me would be a terrain with two levels, one up high (habitable road cut out of a mountainside, maybe?) and one down low at the water's edge for a row of beach lots.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 August 08, 05:58:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You might like Idlehaven.

It was before Bon Voyage though, so nix on the beach lots.

Hmm. I might look at modifying it in the near future. I've been thinking about going back to it for a while.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 August 08, 06:04:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just like in real life, if you dig your basement below the water table, it will flood. Other than that, there's no way to get rid of it, as the sims can't haz a pump.

Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2008 August 08, 06:20:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And in-game camera should get footage of flooded basements. If not, Gadwin does.

Um, in colloquial Brit-english "get shot of" means to dispose of, be rid of. Roll Eyes

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2008 August 08, 06:22:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Witch, that looks exactly like what I'm looking for, aside from the lack of beachfront properties (which, of course, makes sense considering). If you get around to modifying/remaking in future, I'd love to get a copy.

Edit: Mirelly, thanks for the clarification. I assumed incorrectly.  Grin

Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2008 August 08, 08:49:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perfection for me would be a terrain with two levels, one up high (habitable road cut out of a mountainside, maybe?) and one down low at the water's edge for a row of beach lots.
That's exactly what I want too. I was looking for such a terrain but had no success so far.

You might like Idlehaven.

It was before Bon Voyage though, so nix on the beach lots.

Hmm. I might look at modifying it in the near future. I've been thinking about going back to it for a while.
Thanks for the lovely terrain. Your terrain offers plenty of flat space to build on, which is very rare in multi-leveled terrains. I avoid multi-leveled terrains because of warped edge on the lot.

Roux
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 August 08, 13:27:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The neighborhood terrain cheats that came with FT have been a godsend for me. I've altered most of my 'hood terrains with it. In Bluewater, I flattened the beach lots, yet maintained higher elevations that are flat and suitable for lots with ponds/basements. I'd be willing to share it, if there is a way turn a neighborhood terrain into a .sc4 file.

You have your way with him, and you'll never get to destroy the world; and I don't fancy spending the next six months trying to get librarian out of the carpet.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 August 08, 15:29:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love Camp Tebqoter on The Sporum for it's FLAT!ness. I'm always on the lookout for neighborhood terrains where there's at least a good section of entire FLAT at the roads. Perfection for me would be a terrain with two levels, one up high (habitable road cut out of a mountainside, maybe?) and one down low at the water's edge for a row of beach lots.
Prospect Beach's terrain is like that. I don't think I've shared it before, so I'll load it into the 4shared drive when I get home. You can see a beach-level view here: http://pbtales.blogspot.com/ . There is a large beach-level area, super-flat beach lots, and two plateaus. (one quite small and the other medium-sized) plus this tiny almost-plateau that holds a 3x3.

Generally I like my beach lots steep. I'm odd. Besides, that's how you end up with the four-story multi-level monstrosity:

Oh, how I hate that house. Even when it gets completed (money ran out) it's still going to suck. It's my only beach house in play, too, until the end of this rotation when I get to place Rosalie and Cutter.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 August 08, 21:44:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I spent several hours last night mucking around with the beach lots in my terrain. When I place the lots in sims 2, it adds a kind of white shelf a square or so out from the land. (Visible at the right hand edge of Zazazu's picture). Is my slope not shallow enough or is this just what happens? It happens in some of the EAxis terrains too.

@Roux. Get the Bluewater.sc4 file from the My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\SC4Terrains folder and put it in the My Documents\SimCity 4\Regions\Downloads folder. Import into a small city lot in Sim City 4.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 August 09, 01:42:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I spent several hours last night mucking around with the beach lots in my terrain. When I place the lots in sims 2, it adds a kind of white shelf a square or so out from the land. (Visible at the right hand edge of Zazazu's picture). Is my slope not shallow enough or is this just what happens? It happens in some of the EAxis terrains too.
It's just what happens. Stupid game warps the terrains. I hide the edges with props, usually.

Ok, three terrains with Mesas and beach spots. Matchmaker was made before BV, so I'm not sure how flat the beach lots are. Mesas and Newish (aka Prospect Beach) were made post-BV and have super-flat beach lots. All should have nice flat building areas.

http://www.4shared.com/file/58322094/aa075463/Matchmaker.html

http://www.4shared.com/file/58322096/4409354f/Mesas.html

http://www.4shared.com/file/58322097/330e05d9/Newish.html

All are a little big for my taste, but I'm into tiny terrains now.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 August 09, 05:49:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK. Have beach lots, will travel.  Cool

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,12689.msg360657.html

Aphrodite
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 August 09, 06:42:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why build it yourself when more awesomeones can do it for you?

Appreciate the input and groovy new 'hoodoms.

oh, and 'really high elevation' worked for my lot - and the basement is only standard size (rolls eyes)- no more Veronaville for moi.

Aph
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: