More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 19, 16:43:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  PhoneHackOld Doesn't Work with Vanilla TS2
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: PhoneHackOld Doesn't Work with Vanilla TS2  (Read 2514 times)
WestofYouLB
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
PhoneHackOld Doesn't Work with Vanilla TS2
« on: 2008 April 14, 02:56:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a phonehack .package that worked as the phone hack was supposed to, until I recently moved most of my hacks to another folder.

Now, even when I install PhoneHackOld, I still get standard behavior for the phones. Behavior that really drives me nuts.

Can anyone sort out for me why TS2 with no EP's doesn't work with the Phone Hack file?

Thanks.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
Re: PhoneHackOld Doesn't Work with Vanilla TS2
« Reply #1 on: 2008 April 14, 03:07:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe put the hack back in the downloads folder where it worked properly? Didn't subfoldering come with NL? I know you could always do some (except Bodyshop stuff) but still if it worked straight in the downloads and doesn't in a subfolder why not just move it back?

Other alternatives - you could have a conflicting hack that needs a specific load order and you've changed the order by moving around the hacks. Maybe you copied a hack by accident and ended up with two? That messes things up.

Also maybe try renaming the folder . I used put all the custom content (walls and floors and sometimes objects) that came with houses in their own folders in a folder called "Custom Lots" and half the time or more, the cc wouldn't load - sometimes it would, but often it wouldn't and was very annoying. I somewhere got the idea the game didn't like having another folder called "Lots" and changed it to "Custom Housing." It's worked nicely since - probably some coincidental thing that just seems causative but still... never can tell.

Unsouper
WestofYouLB
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 April 14, 12:19:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sagana,

Thanks for the reply.
Maybe put the hack back in the downloads folder where it worked properly? Didn't subfoldering come with NL? I know you could always do some (except Bodyshop stuff) but still if it worked straight in the downloads and doesn't in a subfolder why not just move it back?

Sorry for the misinformation. I HAD moved the hacks out, but when I put them back in Downloads, that is when I expected the phonehack to work, but was disappointed.

Other alternatives - you could have a conflicting hack that needs a specific load order and you've changed the order by moving around the hacks. Maybe you copied a hack by accident and ended up with two? That messes things up.

Also maybe try renaming the folder . I used put all the custom content (walls and floors and sometimes objects) that came with houses in their own folders in a folder called "Custom Lots" and half the time or more, the cc wouldn't load - sometimes it would, but often it wouldn't and was very annoying. I somewhere got the idea the game didn't like having another folder called "Lots" and changed it to "Custom Housing." It's worked nicely since - probably some coincidental thing that just seems causative but still... never can tell.
Loading order? Could be. I gotta think what I could do about that.

WestofYouLB
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 April 17, 05:47:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK! Removed everything that had to do with phones, and reinstalled PhoneHackOld. Works a treat now. Thanks.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: