More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 22:55:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Broke house vanished from neighborhood
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Broke house vanished from neighborhood  (Read 6305 times)
bugga
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Broke house vanished from neighborhood
« on: 2008 August 13, 06:21:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dont know what the heck happened.  First pleasantview completely vanished.  I had a recent back up and was able to restore it.  When I did, the Broke house--the last house I had played--had vanished.  What happened?
Alex
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
Re: Broke house vanished from neighborhood
« Reply #1 on: 2008 August 13, 09:57:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Something similar has been happening to me, except some of my subhoods are missing all buildings and sims. Check your files, are any of them missing? Any apparent gaps in the numbering? My game seems to be automatically deleting them for some fucked up reason.  Cry
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 August 13, 10:35:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lots that have gone AWOL can be salvaged by extracting the Lot Descriptor entry from a previous backup and reimporting it in SimPE over the missing or corrupted Lot Descriptor for the neighborhood, providing the Lot File is still present. If you have no idea what this means, then you're screwed.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
bugga
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 August 13, 18:18:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The family still exists but there house is not there.  I had another sime invite Brandi over and she came.  It's just the Broke house is not in Pleasantview and I have no idea where it went.  It appears that all of the files are there (I think) what should I be looking for that is missing?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 August 13, 18:37:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're looking for the Lot descriptor entry that corresponds to the Broke house. You should be able to find it in one of your backups. Extract it in SimPE and import it into your hood with the missing Broke house. It should reappear intact.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
bugga
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 August 14, 02:24:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I must be totally screwed then because I have no clue what you are talking about.  I have been looking through all sorts of files to find something akin to a lot descriptor entry, but I haven't that faintest idea if I am even on the right track.

How do I know which lot is the Broke household?  Talk to me like I am a two year old.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 August 16, 01:03:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* J. M. Pescado beats Bugga everytime he does the wrong thing until he gets it right.

bugga
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 August 16, 19:29:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you'll have to beat me until I am actually a he.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 August 16, 20:10:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Beatings will continue until morale improves.

BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2008 August 16, 23:42:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, I must be totally screwed then because I have no clue what you are talking about.  I have been looking through all sorts of files to find something akin to a lot descriptor entry, but I haven't that faintest idea if I am even on the right track.

How do I know which lot is the Broke household?  Talk to me like I am a two year old.

You'd better upgrade yourself to at least a 6 if you want Pescado to help you.  However, you'd do even better to ask at MTS2.  We're not very good at hand-holding at MATY.  For instance, the lot descriptor was very easy to find: I opened a random package file in N004\Lots and found "House Descriptor" in the left-hand menu.  If you can't manage that much on your own, MATY technical help is probably out of your depth.  Good luck.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 August 17, 07:45:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Kill yourself and roll a rogue.

bugga
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 August 18, 16:39:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Clearly, you are more awesome than I.  Thanks anyway for challenging me.  You forced me to learn more on my own.

In any case I fixed it myself by using the tombstone of L&D to add neighbor to family and then moved them into a house. 

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: