More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 19, 06:25:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Aspiration benefit points... How can I slow it down?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Aspiration benefit points... How can I slow it down?  (Read 5489 times)
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
Aspiration benefit points... How can I slow it down?
« on: 2008 May 28, 02:53:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's too easy to pile up the maximum aspiration benefit points too early in a Sim's life.   Before they have even born their first child, they become maxed out and boring to play.

Has anybody made (or considered making) a hack to slow it down?  Perhaps 1/3 or 1/4 of the current build-up speed would be about right. I'd do it myself but I don't understand how SimPe works anymore, it's turned into such an octopus.

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
toad
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Aspiration benefit points... How can I slow it down?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 May 28, 03:18:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just fulfill some of their FEARS... or else stop fulfilling their wants so often!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 May 28, 06:26:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you run the game in aging off, they will max out relatively quickly because the game is balanced for aging on. If you do many things to unnaturally extend lifespan, same thing happens.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 May 28, 08:03:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I'm not running with aging-off or doing anything otherwise that unusual.

I'm just saying I would like to accrue benefit points *more gradually* so that there is something left to work for in their old age.   It is too easy to earn all the benefit aspiration perks, too early in a Sims life.

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
FourCats
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 May 30, 01:14:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just buy aspiration awards and stock pile them in the yard, until my sim or his or her descendants use them.  Some houses have rows and rows of energizers because I didn't want the sim to die of old age and take all his points with him.

May all your fears & worries come true.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 May 30, 01:52:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not the same thing (unless I'm misunderstanding Doc Doofus). He's looking at the Life Time Aspiration points & meter. I'd be interested in a way to slow them down as well.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 May 30, 03:02:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zazazu gets it.  I don't care about the aspiration REWARD points.  (And I don't generally use those at all, anymore.  I try to make the game more challenging.)

I also have a hack I made some time back that multiplies all house bills by some factor (8 I think)  It keeps things interesting.  The first house bill, before depreciation sets in, is often two to four thousand dollars.  So, I'm thinking, along the same lines, of making the aspiration BENEFIT points (part of Freetime) more challenging to earn to make the game more interesting.

I can't figure out SimPe anymore.  For one thing, I can't figure out how to get to find the global BHAV's.  And I can't figure out how to get rid of, move, or resize the damn panels.  Somebody went too fucking nuts overdesigning this thing.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 May 30, 03:36:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I agree with the new perks being to easy, too early. Every time I click on the damn panel, there's about 5-6 points, it seems. My sims are already running round like maniacs till well after midnight and I get damned sick of trying to think of things for them to do except endless skilling. They all seem to have reduced needs, so much so it's become almost mindless. Boring. During the day there are events that can interrupt the flow, which can create a more interesting game.

Parties have ended at 11 for so long now, the cop comes whether the stereo's inside or outside; I just don't know what to do with the hyperactive little buggers!

I reckon we need something that makes needs drop more quickly, emulating normal/hard play. I'm bloody sick of EAsy sim play.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 May 30, 03:47:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sims are already running round like maniacs till well after midnight and I get damned sick of trying to think of things for them to do except endless skilling.

Yep, I learnt early on not to click on the perk/s that give them more energy. I want them to go to bed at a reasonable hour and not sleep the following day away.

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2008 May 30, 06:41:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not only that, when they are called to bed via sleepclock, they only need a 3-4 hours of sleep at most, but they have usually maxed out their sleep bar by 4.am. I just don't bother sending non-child sims to bed anymore, unless they're pregnant, have been working out or a similar energy drain activity.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 May 30, 06:41:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't assign anything but the job perks (less friends, more vacation) because my sims usually have a few friends among their inlaws and I've never enjoyed consciously seeking out friends. Fortune sims get their benefits and Knowledge sims get up to Eureka. I love Eureka.

My thing is more about the maxed meter effect. Permaplat. I roll for LTW fulfillment for a reason...I don't want everyone going platinum.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 May 30, 13:46:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not the same thing (unless I'm misunderstanding Doc Doofus). He's looking at the Life Time Aspiration points & meter. I'd be interested in a way to slow them down as well.

Funny - I never seem to do anything that gives my sims any LTA points - can't seem to get them to max.  Obviously my strategery of just letting my sims do anything that seems lulzy at the time is paying off (or not paying off, as the case may be).

Tribulatio proxima est
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 May 30, 15:15:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just try to keep them at least at a safe green aspiration level, and I'm still getting most of my sims going LTA-permaplat well before elderhood. Most of mine do get married and pop out three kids (2-7, but the vast majority have three), so that gives them a few points, and they all get potty trained as a toddler. About 3/4 have been graduating from college. But most don't max their careers or have more than one business, if any, and only one biz is level 10 anyway. No learning to walk or talk.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: