More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 13, 22:11:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  When I sell a Pet I don't earn the money...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: When I sell a Pet I don't earn the money...  (Read 15648 times)
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: When I sell a Pet I don't earn the money...
« Reply #25 on: 2006 November 15, 16:01:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Instead of Kaching, use the money order so the other family is actually "spending" the money to get the pet.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 November 17, 19:47:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any updates on this? I just experienced this too in my game. I just kachinged my sim the money, but it'd be better if it were fixed.
Urmel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 November 24, 13:02:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nothing new here? Sad Sad

I'll do everything for a fix, but I don't know how I can help.

I know, that definitely my "old" neighbourhood is affected, Pleasantview with tons of character- and lotfiles and which is growing daily since December 2004. It has nothing to do with any kind of download, because when I remove the downloadfolder, I don't earn the money in Pleasantview as well. Only when I choose a Testneighbourhood or Strangetown or Veronaville, than it works with (for example Cyd Roseland and Porthos).

I can spend all necessary neighbourhood files for an analysis, if you want to.

@miros
In order to use the money order I had to do 2 things:
First to check quickly the floating amount... and I was mostly to slow with my eyes (or even with my brain) Wink
Second, load the buyers family only for a few thousand bucks...
...it's easier for me to use the good old kaching Smiley Smiley

Urmel
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 November 25, 13:36:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Use family funds instead. Add the money and then next time you're on the neighborhood screen, take it away from the other family.

Unsouper
jefrir
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 November 27, 14:45:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What happens if you use the family funds cheat and have more than one family of the same name? I have at least three Johnson families, for example, and four Prendergasts. I'm not particularly bothered, as I have hacks that work better, I just wondered how the game coped with it.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 November 27, 14:52:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my game it always goes to the first family with that name (the one with the lowest Family ID).

I almost always rename my households with SimPE though, so I don't tend to run into this problem much.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 November 27, 19:21:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I almost always rename my households with SimPE though, so I don't tend to run into this problem much.

I know how to change a particular sim's names in SimPE, but how do you change a household name?  I've a few that are still named after the original occupants long after the real last name of the residents has changed through marriage and the like.  Dorms in particular end up with no-longer-relevant household names rather quickly.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 November 27, 19:45:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just go in through the Neighborhood Manager and give them more reasonable names.  Dorms can be changed to the name of the dorm rather than any particular resident.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 November 28, 07:42:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Open a Sim, then under Other select his or her Family. Change the family name to the new household name.

I also like to name the townie/dormie pool "Townies", the downtownies' "Downtownies", and the pool of the police, clerks etc. "Service NPCs". Helps when teleporting.
Urmel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 November 28, 10:14:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi all,

sorry for disturbing you, but the thread seems to be on a way to offtopic now.

It doesn't help me (and all others who have this sell-pet-no-money-thing) when we discuss the different ways to add and remove money from family funds with or without hacks, cheats and whatever...

Could we please go back to the subject? What else can I do to request a Fix for this? It happens with "old" and "used" neighbourhouds I guess. It has nothing to do with any download or hack (I repeat it to much I know).

Shall I write a request for this in a different subforum?

Greetz from Germany
Urmel
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 November 28, 10:35:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do not have any information on this at this time. It is being investigated.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 November 28, 16:36:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi all,

sorry for disturbing you, but the thread seems to be on a way to off topic now.

It doesn't help me (and all others who have this sell-pet-no-money-thing) when we discuss the different ways to add and remove money from family funds with or without hacks, cheats and whatever...

It's not uncommon for threads here to come up with temporary solutions while the folks who write the mods look into a more permanent one  -- that's called 'helping'. If you don't see the temporary solutions as valuable, that's your privilege, but I highly doubt that you can speak for others who have the problem and welcome a work-around in the meantime.  It usually takes time for even the most awesome one to find the cause of the problem and maybe a solution.  Have patience....

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Urmel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 November 29, 15:56:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not uncommon for threads here to come up with temporary solutions while the folks who write the mods look into a more permanent one  -- that's called 'helping'. If you don't see the temporary solutions as valuable, that's your privilege, but I highly doubt that you can speak for others who have the problem and welcome a work-around in the meantime.  It usually takes time for even the most awesome one to find the cause of the problem and maybe a solution.  Have patience....

Sorry jsalemi,
I know that everybody only wants to help, but getting offtopic and discuss about cheats doesn't help for the subject. I'm patient, but I know forums and long threads... at the end nobody nows the original subject.
Sorry again for being so... well stubborn, but offtopic posts are not always welcome.
If this is apreciated in this forum, I can accept it and live with it.

Anyway... my post is just offtopic as well Smiley.

@J.M. Pescado
Please let me know if I can help you with your investigation.

Thanks
Urmel
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 November 30, 16:51:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry again for being so... well stubborn, but offtopic posts are not always welcome.
If this is apreciated in this forum, I can accept it and live with it.

Well, just look around -- this place is a lot more informal and freeform than pretty much any other TS2 forum out there.  That's why we like it so much. Smiley Off-topic posts are pretty much the rule, not the exception.  And franky, offering cheats and work-arounds isn't off-topic -- they're temporary solutions to the problem until a permanent solution is found.  Don't think you can get much more on-topic than that.

The bottom line is, if you want to solve your problem now, then use one of the suggestions here (I'd go with the money order, or Monique's computers). If you don't play with any cheats at all, then you're in the wrong place. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Urmel
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 December 01, 17:30:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The bottom line is, if you want to solve your problem now, then use one of the suggestions here (I'd go with the money order, or Monique's computers). If you don't play with any cheats at all, then you're in the wrong place. Smiley

Just my last words to this "offtopic"-conflict (Wink)... If you've really read all my post you would know that I
1st am familiar with cheatcodes and how to use it
2nd have already found a workaround for me with the kaching cheat (which explains again the 1st)

I just refer to your sentences above, don't even think about that you should call my attention to all the other poor Sim2 users who don't know how to use cheats Wink. I just want to tell you, that I (Me, the Urmel, the girl from Germany) has everything but a fix for this issue.

ooooxxxxx Cheesy
Urmel
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 December 01, 17:36:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whatever.  It's just polite to know the etiquette of a particular forum before you start lecturing people on how your questions should be answered, and take advice from folks who have been on the forum a LOT longer.  You'll get further in life that way.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: