More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 14, 01:24:03

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Cheating issues
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Cheating issues  (Read 4046 times)
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Cheating issues
« on: 2010 July 16, 21:11:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a married flirty sim who has confessed attraction to some other guy. Her husband witnessed a few flirts and his status with the other guy immediately dropped to dislike, although it didn't affect his relationship with his wife. He then followed the guy around telling him to 'behave' all whilst his wife was attempting more flirts. Eventually I got her to ask the guy to leave. After he had gone, she had the option to 'confess attraction to 'some guy' to her husband. I got her to do this and they both experienced a very small drop in friendship.

The next day she hosted a party and among the guest was the guy and his wife. She has the party animal trait which states that all guests she invites will attend. All guests except the guy turn up, so I get her to ring him and invite him over. Initially he says he'll be over in a bit, then immediately afterwards there is another notification saying that something has come up and he can't make it. I get her to invite him another couple of times during the party and the same responses occur. All whilst he is sitting in the park reading the Commitment Issues book.

So my questions to anyone who has looked at sim behaviour during cheating are:-

Do flirty sims not care who they're flirting in front of?

When married partners see their spouse flirting with others, does it not affect their relationship?

Does anyone know why the guy won't come to the party. Is it because the wife confessed her attraction for him to her husband, or is there something else at play?
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
Re: Cheating issues
« Reply #1 on: 2010 July 16, 21:15:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hee.  I make my sims level their skills and advance their careers.  You make them play out "Gossip Girl".

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2010 July 16, 21:16:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The issue of him being visible and yet acting busy raises a question- does Awesomemod squash that behavior?

Awesomemod prevents story progression from lying to you. So one would assume it would also stop sims from pretending something came up or they are busy when they are, in fact, not.

And if it DOES do that, then what you're experiencing would be a unique situation with a sim who is caught in a love triangle, but it seems unlikely they'd bother to code such things into the game. So instead I think that Awesomemod just simply hasn't squashed the lying phone behavior, and that's simply all that's happening.

All assuming you are using awesomemod story progression.
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 July 16, 21:20:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh. Normally I don't really play this way but my male sim married Jamie Jolina in Sunset, and then I read somewhere that she is primed for an affair with the Wolff guy, so I thought I'd play it out. I'm finding it quite fascinating too!

Now the husband has left for work and the Wolff guy is able to be invited over, and he turns up.

I am running ASM so yes, I thought it was strange. I wasn't sure whether to post in the AM board. Also I wasn't sure whether AM changed the jealousy coding.
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2010 July 16, 21:24:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Though the question of him not coming to the party is still an issue, but it could just be a one time thing.
mildlydisguised
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 July 16, 21:31:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I will attempt to recreate it under very similar conditions.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: