More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 28, 11:13:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Collar missing from inventory?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Collar missing from inventory?  (Read 2228 times)
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
Collar missing from inventory?
« on: 2006 November 05, 16:44:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm hoping someone has a suggestion on this... I've sent a dog owner to buy a collar twice now. After the first time, when I selected a Maxis mirror and told him to Change Pet's Appearance, it said he needed to go buy a collar at a community lot. Which he'd just done but on the off-chance that the purchase was kicked from the sim's queue when I wasn't looking, I sent him back out to buy another.

This time when browsing the choices, the previously purchased collar did have the wardrobe icon next to it (which you'd think would indicate that the game can "see" the collar in the sim's inventory, right?), but on returning home with the second collar for good measure, the sim was told one again that he needed to go buy a collar. And oddly (or not), the household I was playing just before this one had no trouble putting a collar on their dog.

Anybody know what gives with this? I keep thinking I've seen this in a thread on this already, but I can't seem to find it - any help would be appreciated Smiley

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
Re: Collar missing from inventory?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 05, 17:35:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dog collars come in large and small sizes.  Make sure you bought the right size for your dog.  Even if you bought 5 different large size collars, you would still get that message if your dog is a small dog and you have no collars that fit a small size dog.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 05, 18:33:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, this one caught me too at first -- I didn't realize there were different size collars. Now one of my sims has to get at least  3 big dogs to use up all the collars he bought. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 05, 21:29:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

D'oh!!  [*smacks forehead, falls off chair*]

At least it's something easy to correct. Thanks, you guys Smiley

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: