More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 10:50:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Stuck Pregnancy
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Stuck Pregnancy  (Read 3881 times)
Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Stuck Pregnancy
« on: 2007 January 11, 06:47:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everything was going fine..... until today...

I have 3 breeder families and i'm using jordi's LotFullOfSims hack so i don't need to wait for the young adults to move out so the parents can have 10 kids before they get too old....

There is no problem on 2 of the lots... 1 lot has 2 adults and 8 kids and 2 on the way and the other lot has 2 adults and 10 kids

but the 3rd lot is having an error in object "Controller - Pregnancy" #???
Error: Illegal owner field in data reference

I keep choosing "reset" but the only way to get rid of the error is "delete" and then the next one pops up with a different #???

The Mom is stuck at 64 hours pregnant

work of the non-awesome again?? Help!!   Embarrassed
« Last Edit: 2007 January 13, 21:04:31 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Stuck Pregnancy
« Reply #1 on: 2007 January 11, 09:49:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would say that the work of the non-awesome has corrupted the pregnancy token. There is no real cure for this other than to delete the corrupted pregnancy token.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 January 11, 10:29:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably not my mod. It doesn't even come near the pregnancy code. I don't know how to mess with tokens anyway.
Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 January 12, 09:17:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry Jordi... didn't mean to imply it was your mod causing the prob... just wanted to avoid the answer of i already had to many sims on the lot

I think i figured out what i did....

The last time i played this family i left the whole family sleeping.... Then i decided to play another hood the other day and i disabled TJ's smart beds mod while i played the test hood... I didn't enabled it again before i played my regular hood and when i loaded this family i noticed they were all floating beside their beds when i entered the lot..  somehow that broke the pregnancy   Huh

live and learn.... thanks for the help   Grin
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 January 12, 11:49:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried a temporary fix by spawning the tombstone of L & D and choosing Speed Up Pregnancy? I had a Sim pregnant once (with zero hacks installed, at the time. ) I suspect she got all screwed up because she was at work when she should have gotten the first bump, and then something happened when she got home to distract her/prevent it.  I'm pretty sure that's how I fixed it.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 January 12, 19:39:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The last time i played this family i left the whole family sleeping.... Then i decided to play another hood the other day and i disabled TJ's smart beds mod while i played the test hood... I didn't enabled it again before i played my regular hood and when i loaded this family i noticed they were all floating beside their beds when i entered the lot..  somehow that broke the pregnancy   Huh

live and learn.... thanks for the help   Grin

Yes, that is most likely the culprit. I found out, thanks to dizzy, that if a sim is sleeping in a bed while you have Smart Beds active when you save and quit, if you remove Smart Beds, it causes the sim to reset.  You can think of it like this... the game is saved in a state where the Sim "running" the Smart Beds code.  But since you removed Smart Beds, that code is no longer valid, and it causes the "interaction" to halt and throw up an error.  The same thing most likely would happen for the opposite as well: i.e., if your sims were sleeping and you did not have Smart Beds, and then you added it afterwards.

Most people might not notice this at all, especially if you have debug mode off. Sims might just end up standing next to their beds, but I always forget what state I saved my lots in last time anyways, so I probably didn't realize it.

Anyway, since the game reset your sim while they were sleeping, it probably resulted in the pregnancy getting stuck. I have no solution to offer you, but I thought I'd just confirm the Smart Beds issue, as that was happening to me. Fortunately, thus far, I've only had dormies affected by it, so no stuck pregnancies (that I am aware of), since lately I've only been playing dorms.

Ste

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 January 12, 19:55:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When Elizabeth's pregnancy got stuck, she still looked pregnant but she wasn't. So I made her pregnant with the Tombstone of L&D, and that fixed it.

Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 January 13, 19:54:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried a temporary fix by spawning the tombstone of L & D and choosing Speed Up Pregnancy?

I never thought of that but i don't think it would have worked... (and i probably would have killed her doing it).. I played the sim well into the 78th hour of pregnancy but i kept getting the popup every hour on the hour... I was hoping i could save the pregnancy, this would have been #10 for her....

Most people might not notice this at all, especially if you have debug mode off. Sims might just end up standing next to their beds, but I always forget what state I saved my lots in last time anyways, so I probably didn't realize it.

I've learned the awesomeness of playing with debug on... That's how i knew she had a prob... if i didn't she'd be perma-preggers and i wouldn't know why.... Lesson #952 Always leave the lot with the sims doing nothing...

Well what i did was open her up in SimPE and then opened her memories and deleted the pregnancy token... that seemed to fix her..

Well except she still walks like she's preggers.... So i'm hoping she gets pregnant one more time to fix that or she's going to be an elder that walks funny.... Oh well

Thanks for the help all   Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: