More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 18:00:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Yesterday fine, today game says... "No Glamour for YOU, go f*ck yourself!"
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Yesterday fine, today game says... "No Glamour for YOU, go f*ck yourself!"  (Read 2352 times)
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
Yesterday fine, today game says... "No Glamour for YOU, go f*ck yourself!"
« on: 2007 March 10, 16:03:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know how, but between going to bed last night and starting the game up again this morning, it has managed to uninstall Glamour. I have all the EP's and packs installed, and have not installed anything new since Seasons when it came out, so this new development is out of the blue.

Anyway, Glamour is still there physically, in the Program Files directory, but none of the Glamour stuff, including objects and clothing, is anywhere to be seen. I checked the registry, just in case, but it looks okay as far as I can see.

WTF? I hate this game.

Has this been documented before, and if so, is there a way to fix it other than to reinstall the whole thing from base game up? I already tried to run setup of just Glamour, and the game told me to go fuck myself because Glamour is already installed. I wish it would make up its mind, really. Either it is  or it isn't  installed, you can't have it both ways!

Fail.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
Re: Yesterday fine, today game says... "No Glamour for YOU, go f*ck yourself!"
« Reply #1 on: 2007 March 10, 17:38:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Apparently the Pets EP has a tendency to uninstall Glamour Life Stuff. I have a mod called djspetenabledglsobjects.package (from jfade?) that enables the GLS objects for Pets. I believe I got it from djssims.com.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
Re: Yesterday fine, today game says... "No Glamour for YOU, go f*ck yourself!"
« Reply #2 on: 2007 March 11, 01:53:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I uninstalled and reinstalled Glamour, and it seems to be fixed.

Man, I hate this game.

Fail.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: