More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 07, 03:21:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Holy crap, Guise
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Holy crap, Guise  (Read 9397 times)
PirateFaafy
Horrible Halfwit

INTJ and a bouble

View Profile
Holy crap, Guise
« on: 2008 December 16, 00:42:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, ok, ok. So I go into buy mode and pick up a Grim-Phone to place it inside the house. I currently have doors selected, and accidentally press Ctrl. The phone disappears for a bit, but reappears when I let go of Ctrl. Seems normal, am I right? So I place it down and notice that it's still in the original location. The Grim-Phone has just been cloned. I start spazzing out and place about 7. They're all functional. I'm still thinking of fun things to do with this.

If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go make a Novel Shoppe business. This is going to be awesome.

ETA: Bollocks, cloning a novel just ends up with a book entitled "Book Title" set binding-down. That's rather unfortunate. Perhaps it might work if you wanted to sell a lot of books called "Book Title". If only there was a way to rename them post-publishing.
« Last Edit: 2008 December 16, 02:00:13 by PirateFaafy » Logged

I will fuck up your face in Denmark! COME! you also seem to be a flock of crapped nerds! COME! [...] That one goes to all of those retarrds that pretend to be a non-fag and yet suck my balls
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Holy crap, Guise
« Reply #1 on: 2008 December 16, 00:48:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I haven't done it myself, but I've heard of all sorts of tricks that depend on cloning. Like, for example, someone once posted directions on making retarded sims: wait until after a sim has aged up, but before you get the pop-up message, clone the sim, then delete the original sim. The result is a toddler trapped in a child's body (or whichever age stages were involved.) Probably a VBT, though.
PirateFaafy
Horrible Halfwit

INTJ and a bouble

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 December 16, 01:36:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I know, mismatched ages Appearance:Actions isn't a particularly bad thing, and is corrected on age-up anyways. Of course, I'd wait for Pescadoian approval, first.

However, cloning Sims is simply a matter of turning MoveObjects on and then shift-dropping them. With this, you can do it to things which were intended to be picked up, but not duplicated, such as crafted items, career rewards (though that has slightly less point to it), etc. I just now made a business selling empty bowls. Cheesy It's actually quite profitable. Then again, I have a highly trained staff of Bedazzlers selling these things for thousands of simoleons, but they're also very nice bowls.

I will fuck up your face in Denmark! COME! you also seem to be a flock of crapped nerds! COME! [...] That one goes to all of those retarrds that pretend to be a non-fag and yet suck my balls
talysman
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 December 16, 01:41:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One point I could see for duplicating career rewards would be to clone the Execuputt, buy a comm lot, and create a miniputt golf course.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 December 16, 05:01:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just now made a business selling empty bowls. Cheesy It's actually quite profitable.
Feh. Sell the 2x2 aquarium from AL on Average with dazzle. Selling an average of sixteen per day, plus the economic rewards, I made over a million in ten days. Just finished a couple minutes ago.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
zherok
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 December 16, 05:10:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thought the aquarium cube was 3x3? I have a hard time figuring out where the hell I'd place it in a home most of the time.
rufio
Non-Standard
Uncouth Undesirable

More Nonstandard Than You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2008 December 16, 05:51:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ETA: Bollocks, cloning a novel just ends up with a book entitled "Book Title" set binding-down. That's rather unfortunate. Perhaps it might work if you wanted to sell a lot of books called "Book Title". If only there was a way to rename them post-publishing.

Awww.  Someone should make a mod that lets you mass-produce books that sims have written; after a while, everyone would have quite a collection in their bookshelves, and authors would have varying degrees of popularity across the hood.  As it is now, it's like they published them on Lulu or something. Tongue

I was thinking about these things and I am a feminist.

fatkitty
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 December 16, 06:11:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can make copies of books using your sims inventory....

As soon as you get the book delivered, pause the game.
Go into buy mode and buy a table.
Put the book on the table and put it in your sims inventory.
Unpause for a second.
Pause again,
Take the table out,
take the book off,
put the table back in.
Unpause for a second.
Pause again and go back into inventory. There will be a book sitting on the table even though you've just taken it off.
So then you take the table out, book off, table back in, unpause, pause, table out, book off, table back in, unpause, pause....and so on until you have as many copies as you want.

Make sure you try it with something useless first like a plant or the Humble computer until you get the hang of it.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 December 16, 06:43:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Feh. Sell the 2x2 aquarium from AL on Average with dazzle. Selling an average of sixteen per day, plus the economic rewards, I made over a million in ten days. Just finished a couple minutes ago.
If you're trying to churn cash, don't bother selling on average, and certainly NEVER dazzle anything that is "Average". Average has positive buy delta, so there is no need to use an energy-draining action just to sell it. A hard sell is more than sufficient to push the meter up so that the bar will fill before it times out. Dazzle is only for Ridiculous Expensive+. Dazzle is what lets you sell Eau de Brynne for thousands of bucks.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 December 16, 17:02:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll remember that for the next time I need a mil quick. Which, honestly, won't be that long. I tend to forget about the upper pricing ranges as in other 'hoods I keep sims poor and hence sell things at Cheap so that businesses lose money for the first four or five levels.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 December 16, 17:54:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thought the aquarium cube was 3x3? I have a hard time figuring out where the hell I'd place it in a home most of the time.

The great benefit of BRY, customerselector and noplayableshoppers is that you can sell all you want and none of your playables need ever worry about where to place the item in their homes.

Tribulatio proxima est
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 December 16, 19:35:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And, when you marry them in, they bring $18k (approx) aquariums in their inventory. Six of 'em.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
PirateFaafy
Horrible Halfwit

INTJ and a bouble

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 December 17, 23:49:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bah, you've almost convinced me to add noplayableshoppers back into my game. Unfortunately, I like making businesses for the playables to get to know each other.

But, why would you bother selling the aquariums? I made a business selling 20 000 dollar flamingos, and all it took was getting in there to dazzle quickly enough. I'll bet you could do that with batman boxes, too - they're sellable. It is fun.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 December 17, 23:52:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bah, you've almost convinced me to add noplayableshoppers back into my game. Unfortunately, I like making businesses for the playables to get to know each other.
noplayableshoppers has a hook for customerselector, so you can still do both. No playables just becomes the default setting in the absence of the customer selector. It also prevents duelling, so that the EAxis spawner will shut down if you have the customerselector in. Otherwise, the two will fight, although the Customer Selector is programmed to win. Tongue

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
PirateFaafy
Horrible Halfwit

INTJ and a bouble

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 December 18, 02:10:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

noplayableshoppers has a hook for customerselector, so you can still do both. No playables just becomes the default setting in the absence of the customer selector. It also prevents duelling, so that the EAxis spawner will shut down if you have the customerselector in. Otherwise, the two will fight, although the Customer Selector is programmed to win. Tongue

Oh, well then. That sounds like fun. (By duelling, I assume you mean hack conflicts and not MOAR FIGHT. I like my fight.)

An interesting thing that I noticed was that the reporter was immune to the customer selector on my Teen hangout. Certainly the most logical thing to do, but it was kinda funny/creepy to see some middle-aged guy hanging around with the 12s. He was certainly easy to pinpoint and use Notovny's strategy on.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 December 18, 11:00:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, well then. That sounds like fun. (By duelling, I assume you mean hack conflicts and not MOAR FIGHT. I like my fight.)
By "duelling", I mean that the EAxis spawner will continue to send random inappropriate sims that violate the selection rules, and the Customer Selector will immediately zap them. You probably won't even see it happen, but when it does happen, it will induce lag spikes. The Customer Selector IS designed to function under these conditions, but it will cause additional lag, and can be entirely avoided. It is not a cool kind of MOAR FIGHT.

An interesting thing that I noticed was that the reporter was immune to the customer selector on my Teen hangout. Certainly the most logical thing to do, but it was kinda funny/creepy to see some middle-aged guy hanging around with the 12s. He was certainly easy to pinpoint and use Notovny's strategy on.
Some specific NPCs appear to bypass the spawning vectors entirely, such as, yes, the reporter (intentionally) and the grand witches (will probably code a fix for them eventually to detect their spawners and nuke them).

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 December 18, 14:07:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some specific NPCs appear to bypass the spawning vectors entirely, such as, yes, the reporter (intentionally) and the grand witches (will probably code a fix for them eventually to detect their spawners and nuke them).

Grand vampires, The Gypsy and damned Mrs. Crumplebottom!
I have some owned community lots, which is basically just a hideout for romance sims to own, to have secret dates, get away from their spouse and get public woohoo memories without too much fuss.  Unfortunately, Mrs. Crumplebottom still gets in (despite the lot being closed) and harasses my sims.
I'm almost tempted to add the visitor controller back in.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 December 18, 16:18:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But, why would you bother selling the aquariums? I made a business selling 20 000 dollar flamingos, and all it took was getting in there to dazzle quickly enough. I'll bet you could do that with batman boxes, too - they're sellable. It is fun.
Because I am stupid and forget about the higher price ranges. I don't normally do cheaty things (which I consider this to be) as in most of my 'hoods, I tax sims high (standard 10%/season, one 'hood is 20%/season) and allow selling only at Average or below.

I'll need another half million soon enough, so next time...it's on Ridiculously Expensive. The family's "real" business only earns about $400/day as they have a reasonably-priced bookstore. They are now raking in interest on the original million, now up to 1.2mil with another couple hundred thousand liquid. In three sim days, they lose the original million to purchase the university. The rest of the money goes to nest-egg their five children, two of whom I'm tempted to axe because they were not pre-approved. Dumb Family sims.

Capitalism, Ho!
My Urinal
PirateFaafy
Horrible Halfwit

INTJ and a bouble

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 December 21, 14:41:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because I am stupid and forget about the higher price ranges. I don't normally do cheaty things (which I consider this to be) as in most of my 'hoods, I tax sims high (standard 10%/season, one 'hood is 20%/season) and allow selling only at Average or below.

I'll need another half million soon enough, so next time...it's on Ridiculously Expensive. The family's "real" business only earns about $400/day as they have a reasonably-priced bookstore. They are now raking in interest on the original million, now up to 1.2mil with another couple hundred thousand liquid. In three sim days, they lose the original million to purchase the university. The rest of the money goes to nest-egg their five children, two of whom I'm tempted to axe because they were not pre-approved. Dumb Family sims.

Usually, I find that No20KHandouts is a good thing to have, but sometimes you end up wanting babbys before you have the money to build a sproggery. So, sometimes I set up a bandatron at 10K per hour and have someone Practice Sales until they get a Gold badge and get a single person in, then close down the business. It's funny, because it actually took 4 dazzles to get someone into the house.

Prima: SO DO YOU WANT TO BUY THIS
Secunda: WOW THIS IS AMAZING THANKS
Prima: IT'S PRETTY AMAZING ISN'T IT
Secunda: WHY YES IT IS IT'S UTTERLY SPECTACULAR
Prima: YOU SHOULD BUY IT
Secunda: I SHOULD SHOULDN'T I, IT'S JUST WHAT I'VE ALWAYS WANTED
Prima: SO BUY IT
Secunda: OKAY, FINE, I SUPPOSE

Of course, this can all be avoided if the Reporter comes.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: