More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 09, 12:47:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Deleting a custom neighbourhood
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Deleting a custom neighbourhood  (Read 3691 times)
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Deleting a custom neighbourhood
« on: 2005 October 23, 03:28:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have run into a game glitch which I would like to get rid of.   I'm hoping I can just delete my custom neighbourhood where it is happening.      All the plumb bobs for my simmies have changed from the diamonds
to a heart.    I removed my hack folder and restarted my game.   Still hearts.    Then I went and checked in the three Maxi made neighbourhoods, the plumb bobs are still the diamonds.   So I'm hoping the problem is just in the one neighbourhood.     The error that came up in the cheat window said something about error with platinum plumb bob.    Has anyone else run into this?      I am running the unpatched Nightlife.

Marg
Baa
Nitwitted Nuisance

cat hair

View Profile
Re: Deleting a custom neighbourhood
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 23, 03:30:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know this would be to little help, but could you provide a screenshot? What kind of heart? The one that appears when someone falls in love?

i pop that P like you don't believe
and if ya want me you won't succeed!
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 23, 03:36:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Um, no.    The kind of heart that comes with the Inseminator.    It's one of the shapes that spawn when you are using his hack.     It shouldn't do that.    Now I'm going to get my lips ripped.     What I'm really wondering is if I have totalled fubarred the game.   The Maxi neighbourhoods aren't doing it.   Just my custom hood where I have been doing most of my playing.    I was sort of hoping I could just remove the one hood without reinstalling the whole thing again.   
themaltesebippy
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 23, 03:39:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had this happen when I updated inSIMinator and had either the heart or computer out.  I fixed it by using moveobjects on and removing the heart or computer.  Next time just "put your toys away" when sproutin stuff from inSIM.  HTH.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 23, 03:40:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can either delete the neighborhood in-game by selecting it from the neighborhood browser then clicking the trash can icon to the right, or you can go into the My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods folder and delete the folder itself (you'll need to know which number it is, you could also tell by the neighborhood image). But it sounds like something went wrong with the "change icon" or whatever button for the adjustors. Have you tried asking someone at the InSIMenator website for help?

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
gypsylady
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 23, 03:44:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You need to just use the move objects cheat and remove the hearts it might take a couple of tries but the plumb bobs should come back it often happens when you update the insim or the game its self if there were sectionals  left on the lots
Marg
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 23, 04:03:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ThankYou.   Move objects worked.   I had to do it a few times, but once it was gone the regular plumb bobs came back.    Custom neighbourhood saved.

Marg Grin
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: