More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 20:31:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Cannot Install Houses
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Cannot Install Houses  (Read 3457 times)
valentinia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Cannot Install Houses
« on: 2011 June 15, 01:47:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have all expansion and stuff packs.  The only "mod" I have is a skill enhancer.  I download a house and click to install it.  The launcher comes up but nothing else.  I get no error.  The launcher just appears to quit working and the house will not install.  I did try with several houses. Again,  I do not get an error or anything.  I did remove my mods and got the same result.   

If anyone else has had this problem and can help, I would appreciate it.
kissing_toast
Retarded Reprobate

AIDE to Jezzers

View Profile
Re: Cannot Install Houses
« Reply #1 on: 2011 June 15, 01:49:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you try it as a package? Decrap it?

Cupcakes Taste Like Violence,KT_StoreFix

It's like a bowl of oranges, only one orange, is an orange of DOOM!
valentinia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011 June 15, 01:56:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have not tried it as a package.  I did not even know you could install a house as a package (before I posted, I only ran a search for launder problems).  I will look at the package idea but I would still like to know what is up with installing houses as sims3packs.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: 2011 June 15, 02:04:40 by valentinia » Logged
Sigmund
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011 June 15, 02:40:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The package method is actually a lot easier and more organized than the sims3pack method. Extract to package, then put it in the Library folder. If you want to uninstall it later, delete the package. I tend to prefer this, as it's basically impossible to unintentionally install CC along with the lot.

As for as the sims3packs, you probably need to look into decrapification, but you definitely want to read all the documentation before you do it. The launcher is pretty broken.

I sing along with elevator music.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011 June 16, 03:03:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Although I have noticed that if you crack the sim pack open with a third party tool and then run the launcher on the simpack again the rate of success is improved. This is the method I used to install Riverview due to my high level of suckage at the other methods.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
valentinia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011 June 16, 21:12:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Madame Mim, that worked!  Thank you very much.  Thank you also for the poster who gave me the package idea.  That works too.  I appreciate the assistance.
KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011 June 22, 08:34:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The package method is actually a lot easier and more organized than the sims3pack method. Extract to package, then put it in the Library folder. If you want to uninstall it later, delete the package. I tend to prefer this, as it's basically impossible to unintentionally install CC along with the lot.

So does it replace the CC tied in with the lot with a similar object instead? Similar to when you don't have the store content tied in with custom lots?

Also, what if a family is tied in with the lot? I did have a sims3pack which included a previous family along with their house, and it has been having trouble installing as well. Is it safe to try this method when the sims3pack includes a household?

(Edit: Just gave it a try and noticed that lots with households show up just fine. Some items had CC textures replaced, but I did notice some items such as beds etc were not replaced by other beds, and just show an empty spot. But that's easy to fix.  I'm definitely going to be using this method from now on.)

I've never bothered with turning sims3packs into package files, it has all seemed a huge hassle until now, and seemed targeted for those paranoid about using the launcher. I've been fine using the launcher, so I skipped over most of those sections and ended up missing this part. This is great news for me though.  I've spent hours on some custom lots before generations which I backed up, but thanks to all of the CC that got included, I haven't wanted to replace those lots into my game. Yet I haven't been too eager on rebuilding all those houses from scratch either...
« Last Edit: 2011 June 22, 09:47:35 by KawaiiMiyo » Logged

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. ~Ayn Rand
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: