More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 13:32:41

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Zombie Apocalypse: BRAIIIIIIINS!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Zombie Apocalypse: BRAIIIIIIINS!  (Read 248790 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Zombie Apocalypse: BRAIIIIIIINS!
« on: 2006 December 08, 23:06:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

BRAIIIIIIIIIIIIINS!

zombieapoc.zip

REQUIRES:
thefightclub.zip

Zombie Apocalypse (v1b) for TS2U+
Made by: Flying Fish Systems (J. M. Pescado & Doctor Boris)

Special Thanks To:
Hobbsee the Pencilneck
BlueSoup Fathead

Congratulations to: Draklixa!

INSTRUCTIONS:
Place in your MYDOCU~1\EAGAME~1\THESIM~1\DOWNLO~1 directory.

FEATURES:
Are zombies boring? Does their lack of brain-eating bother you? Zombies will
now attempt to attack other sims and EAT THEIR BRAINS, turning them into
zombies as well!

COMPATIBILITY:
Compatible with all FFS Hacks. For TS2U and up. Requires The Fight Club.

SIDE EFFECTS:
May cause computer damage, incontinence, explosion of user's head, coma, death,
and/or halitosis.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
breyerii
Town Crier
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
Re: Zombie Apocalypse: BRAIIIIIIINS!
« Reply #1 on: 2006 December 08, 23:15:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hooray!

Ehm, a couple of questions:

1: Non-untouchable NPC's are fair game, right? And potentially this could turn a whole neighbourhood into a Romerian playing field.

2: Will this favour enemy sims as targets?
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2006 December 08, 23:36:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay! Finally! I can't wait to give this a try sometime... I'll have to figure out a way to zombify some sims...

Any chance we'll get a head 'splodin shotgun hack? Grin

Also... is the only way to revert a zombie to human is to have them die again and then re-resurrect them?

Ste

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 December 09, 00:33:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

1: Non-untouchable NPC's are fair game, right? And potentially this could turn a whole neighbourhood into a Romerian playing field.
NPCs can be zombied, yes.

2: Will this favour enemy sims as targets?
In theory? I have no idea what makes sims pick the targets they do.

Also... is the only way to revert a zombie to human is to have them die again and then re-resurrect them?
Nope. Once a zombie, always a zombie. BRAIIIIIIINS FOREVER!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 December 09, 01:26:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now this'll make it worth having zombies, I might build a mall where a whole nest of zombies can rampage, and then I'll take my bad sims there to shop.  Grin

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 December 09, 03:03:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope. Once a zombie, always a zombie. BRAIIIIIIINS FOREVER!

Heh... okay... so pretty much installing this is eventually guaranteeing an actually big fiery ball type apocalypse in your game? Theoretically... once you've got a zombie... and it starts rampagin... and your zombie horde multiplies to the point where they outnumber your live/normal "human" sims... you might eventually end up with all zombies. No way to cure zombification?

Can zombies be killed dead by other "normal" means such as fire, electrocution, drowning, flies, satellite, disease, fright, cowplant, or scissors? I assume that zombies are immune to death by hunger or old age.

I was unsure bout disease... but disease seems to be pretty much near impossible to get anyways. I would just like to know how I should have my live/normal "human" sims defend themselves from the zombie apocalypse that is approaching. I will have to test out those rifles and see if they work on zombies... heh. Grin

Ste

kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 December 09, 03:12:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I might need to look for a zombie aging mod. I don't mind the limping, and the noncurable state I can tolerate, but immortality irritates me.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 December 09, 04:09:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can zombies be killed dead by other "normal" means such as fire, electrocution, drowning, flies, satellite, disease, fright, cowplant, or scissors? I assume that zombies are immune to death by hunger or old age.

I'm not sure if zombies age or not, but I'm pretty sure they can die by any other means that would kill a normal sim.  I know the short time I had a zombie living with a sim (Goopy, who's now a zombie townie), he had to eat.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
breyerii
Town Crier
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 December 09, 04:20:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh. I have quite a number of zombies, and they all grow fat overaeating - even under power idle. Go figure.  Wink
Soylent Sim
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 December 09, 04:26:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zombies can die of anything but old age, and in fact their motives are treated the same as any other sim of the same personality.  (Save, of course, the added time to get to motive-restoration items.)

I'm curious what pre-zombification data is retained after the fact, as an anti-zombie potion would be a nice addition to the gypsy's bag.  More to the point, I wonder just how feasible such a thing would be to add.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 December 09, 04:52:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Removing zombie status is pretty trivial, although all pre-zombie information like personality and skills remain lost.

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2006 December 09, 05:18:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh... ok... so does eating brains help replenish zombie hunger? Cheesy

I was thinkin about a zombie cure potion. It shouldn't be too hard to add. You could probably request it from Smonaff who has an anti-aging potion here and several other gypsy potions here.

Ste

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 December 09, 06:20:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahh... ok... so does eating brains help replenish zombie hunger? Cheesy
Eating brans is very good for zombies. When a zombie eats someone's brains, it refreshes basically all of his motives except hygiene. The interaction is similarly advertised as such, which makes zombies very keen on eating your brains! Furthermore, a zombie gains +1 body everytime it eats someone's brains, making it that much more formidable. It ain't called "Zombie Apocalypse" for nothing. Your neighborhood will literally become potentially very survival-horror as the weak will quickly succumb to the zombie hordes.

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2006 December 09, 06:51:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh... this is just too awesomely apocalyptic! Ok... more questions:

Can you cancel out of the interaction? Are there ways to fend off zombie attack should one come lurchin around on say a comm lot?
Speakin of comm lots, are all sims fair game? Even playables that you aren't currently playing?

Also... are these traditional zombies that will always lurch and limp and lull... or can zombies strengthened by eatin brains gain body and speed? It would be neat to have enraged speedy zombies, like those in 28 Days Later... those zombies RUN!

Ste

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 December 09, 07:55:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could choose to stand and fight with the aid of simwardobe's array of different guns, there's an assault rifle that'd do the job nicely. Also an incendiary bomb.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 December 09, 08:44:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you cancel out of the interaction? Are there ways to fend off zombie attack should one come lurchin around on say a comm lot?
Yes, and yes. Your sim can defeat zombies simply by standard boot-to-head combat, with all the rules of the Fight Club in place. In fact, your sims will likely gain a great deal of combat experience this way, like any proper adventurer.

Speakin of comm lots, are all sims fair game? Even playables that you aren't currently playing?
Yes. Being a zombie won't instakill sims like randomly becoming a vampire will. Plus this *IS* an apocalypse, so if your neighborhood blows up, it's your own damn fault for instigating a zombie apocalypse. Tongue This hack will not be included in the Director's Cut for obvious reasons.

Also... are these traditional zombies that will always lurch and limp and lull... or can zombies strengthened by eatin brains gain body and speed? It would be neat to have enraged speedy zombies, like those in 28 Days Later... those zombies RUN!
Zombie motion is not a part of this hack. Zombies will move however you have modified or not modified them to move. You can decide for yourself, I'm sure there's a zombies-walk-normal hack somewhere.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2006 December 09, 08:59:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can I just say....YAY! Grin

I know you don't like to be thanked-but thanks anyway Wink

I can't wait to play with this! My N/H is close to exploding anyway, so going to test in that one before I make a shiny new one.

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 December 09, 09:02:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zombie motion is not a part of this hack. Zombies will move however you have modified or not modified them to move. You can decide for yourself, I'm sure there's a zombies-walk-normal hack somewhere.

Hrm... well I was wondering tho... would it be possible to make it so that when zombies start their attack... that those with higher body skills and brain eatin experience (do they get a new memory each time they eat the brain of a different sim?) become stronger and faster... and therefore they can run after their/to their victims... as opposed to lumbering across a lot. Sort of in the same way that your hacks make it so sims always run even if they are lazy sims. I thought one of your hacks does that... like with macrotastics or whatever. Did I imagine that? I was pretty sure that I have some lazy ass sims who... if I personally direct them to "go here" they will lumber over there lazily. But if macrotastics directs them to do something, they run all over the friggin place. I didn't think the hack(s) changed what options they had or how they behave under normal circumstances... but just always used the run animation instead. I think twojeffs' Smart Beds has a run to bed option too... regardless of sim personality.

Anyhew... maybe I should start a separate neighborhood with a whole Resident Evil type zombie apocalypse theme. I hope I can toy around with this sometime this week. Hehe. If anyone starts a zombie apocalypse in their 'hood, I would love to read the stories. Cheesy

Ste

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 December 09, 09:22:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hrm... well I was wondering tho... would it be possible to make it so that when zombies start their attack... that those with higher body skills and brain eatin experience (do they get a new memory each time they eat the brain of a different sim?) become stronger and faster... and therefore they can run after their/to their victims... as opposed to lumbering across a lot. Sort of in the same way that your hacks make it so sims always run even if they are lazy sims.
Nope. Macrotastics observes the correct rules and does not allow sims to run without the appropriate prerequisites. Plus zombie locomotion overrides running anyway.

hotlane
« Reply #19 on: 2006 December 09, 14:51:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can use InSimenator

Anyway... this is really great Grin HUGE thanks for it, its amazing!!!!!
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 December 09, 18:16:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are zombies immune to disease?
This would be absolutely perfect if zombies would spread the plague, so that even if you defeat them in hand to hand combat, you still might get sick and die (even though it's almost impossible to die from disease).

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 December 09, 18:57:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, zombies aren't immune to anything but aging.  They have the same motive decay as a normal sim, which is why it will be very interesting to watch what happens when they see other sims as food!  Cheesy

I plan to cull the zombie hordes eventually by locking them in the plague shack (for the sake of scientific study), or setting them on fire. Smiley  Right now, I have only a few very neat, very nice, but extremely athletic zombies.  (NB: Even with max Active personality and Body skill points, macrotastics cannot make them run.)  My playables are equipped to fight them off, but the townie pool is looking awfully ripe...  Roll Eyes

My question is, how could this cause a BFBVFS?  Not that such a little thing as that could keep me away from this. Cheesy  I mean, the character files are there for every sim created in the game, alive or dead, so what difference could zombification make?  Too many memories from immortality?
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2006 December 09, 19:28:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can use InSimenator

Well duh. Of course you can always find cheaty ways to change things. That's not the point. I would prefer a non cheaty way. At least with an interaction or a potion or what not, things come with some kind of cost, penalty, or consequence. I only use hacked objects like the InSim or ffslotdebugger if I'm trying to fix, debug, or test something. I don't use these items for everyday gameplay.

I mean, the character files are there for every sim created in the game, alive or dead, so what difference could zombification make?  Too many memories from immortality?

Well... that's what I was thinkin... also... if the zombie population pretty much overtakes your entire 'hood and leaves with you with only  few "live" sims. Then the only way to get more "live" or normal sims would be thru births or CAS, further increasing the size of your 'hood. And if you get sick of your zombies and kill 'em off completely... you're just addin to the character file count. But I suppose that would've grown anyways, eventually. Depends on how long you can stand teh apocalypse I guess. I suppose you could always find ways to revert zombies back to normal. I'm curious how long it would take for zombies to overrun a 'hood.

Ste

Cruel Tutelage
« Reply #23 on: 2006 December 09, 20:10:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well hot damn!  You actually listened to my request on MTS2.

I am forever grateful.   Cry   Grin

This is just too awesome.  It's like Christmas.  With zombies!

You have single-handedly reconvinced me that charity and coolness in People On The Internet really do exist.  Rock on, Pescado.  Rock on.
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 December 09, 23:14:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

psst...punch the thanks button.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: