More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 18:59:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Date gifts
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Date gifts  (Read 38767 times)
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: Date gifts
« Reply #75 on: 2008 July 27, 23:00:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're not aggressively levelling and/or use dead-end OFB-jobs, 2.5K a week can easily become bank-breaking when your sim works minimum wage at $120 a day. Don't underestimate the craptacularity of a dead-end minimum wage job! All the TS2 advanceable careers are *WAAY* too generous.
I know. Quite a few of my sims had their preordained career end up being level 1 or 2. Low income, 2k-ish taxes, and regular bills and possibly mortgage payments, and they typically end up taking their entire adulthood to get out of debt and buy decent furniture.

I have very few with top-level jobs. Julius Lowe is a General, Penelope Bleu of course is the mayor, and Connor Bleu is cult leader.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
Re: Date gifts
« Reply #76 on: 2008 July 27, 23:09:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want suffering, give them a shitty OFB job! The hours are terrible and the pay is worse!

I know.  I have a sim who is working one of those, because I want him working for the "family business."  Even as the manager, even at "ridiculously overpaid," he still doesn't make very much money.  The irony is that he is permaplat from "earning 100,000 Simoleans," most of it from sitting around one of the family businesses as a teen and the rest earned at Uni.  So he did not bring a dime of that with him.  Even though he married a Uni  grad with 20,000 it was still tight, and then they had totally unauthorized twins. 

OFB jobs suck.  They don't have get the joy of promotions.  But since Aubrey is permaplat, that's the job he keeps.  I'm going to siphon away some of the Legacy family money by means of expensive "gifts" to him---evens things out since if it were possible to do so, he and my legacy spouse would be business partners.

PB

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: