More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 04:04:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Custom Vacation Worlds
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Custom Vacation Worlds  (Read 5357 times)
FireDrake
Blathering Buffoon

It seems that they all died...

View Profile
Custom Vacation Worlds
« on: 2010 May 26, 23:41:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know if it is possible to create a world via CAW and perhaps somehow add it to the list of places that you can vacation to? Or maybe replace one of the existing vacation worlds with it? It would be a really neat feature. Thanks.

"Birds, flowers, sun...Hawaii does not exist. It's a myth...like tough liberals, or the Canadian army."
You should click on this.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Custom Vacation Worlds
« Reply #1 on: 2010 May 26, 23:42:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Theoretically, yes, but the idea has not been explored and it would require UI modifications.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
FireDrake
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 May 27, 02:05:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, thanks Pes! I wish things like this were easier to mess with for the less technologically advanced lol. But then I guess there wouldn't be an Awesome Mod if that were true.

Do you know of a way I could learn to modifications like this? I'm guessing Google is my friend, but hearing from experienced folk is more helpful, I think anyway.

"Birds, flowers, sun...Hawaii does not exist. It's a myth...like tough liberals, or the Canadian army."
tea_and_blues
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 May 27, 05:00:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a great idea FireDrake, but I suspect those of us that aren't technically proficient need to step back and wait patiently for someone with the necessary know how to adopt CAW as their pet. Can't hurt to research, though. Keep us posted.

<meh> siggie. </meh>
FireDrake
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 May 27, 14:48:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I shall! It's good to have some support. Let the poking commence! And the back-ups lol...

ETA: Trying to open existing vacation worlds for editing in CAW doesn't work, as they are already "packaged." Can I "unpackage" these lol?
« Last Edit: 2010 May 27, 15:00:17 by FireDrake » Logged

tea_and_blues
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 May 27, 15:43:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No. This endeavour really needs to begin with people who understand the language of world files and the game. They need to look at what does what. As end users, we're relatively trapped in our ignorance.

I don't know of any way to edit packaged worlds or to get them into CAW. I imagine the process might be damaging, but I don't know. This project has huge potential. Even if it only allows us more control over the worlds we do build. However, I know I'll need support and tutorials from the people who know the dark arts of computers, if the project ever gets underway. If there's anything I can help investigate that you can think of that doesn't require oodles of technical proficiency, let me know. But I can't think what that might be. It seems we're just going to have to be patient.
« Last Edit: 2010 May 28, 03:30:09 by tea_and_blues » Logged

<meh> siggie. </meh>
FireDrake
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 May 27, 15:47:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I have no idea what I'm doing lol...it seems however, that if you export a world via CAW, it becomes "packaged" and is unable to be opened again through CAW. I tried opening my own world I made, that perhaps it was only the EA worlds that were "protected," but it seems any world is. I guess it's for someone else to try who knows more lol.

Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2010 May 27, 17:08:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried to take all the information from an installed .world file and copy it into the france.world file, replacing any replace-able files.

But s3pe crashed and I didn't get to see what happened.
FireDrake
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 May 27, 18:31:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I opened Riverview_Lite.world in s3pe and copied all its data like you did Claeric, and then pasted it into France.world, and it worked!

BUT, I tried to open it with CAW and it couldn't. There could perhaps be something editable with s3pe that removes the "block" on already installed worlds?

ETA: Here's a pic of the error message if it helps any. Sorry it's so big, I suck at photoshopping stuff, especially with MSPaint lol...
« Last Edit: 2010 May 27, 18:38:36 by FireDrake » Logged

Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2010 May 27, 18:39:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What do you mean by "it worked"? You mean it successfully pasted? What happens if you put it into the folder it came from and try to go to france?
FireDrake
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 May 27, 18:43:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It pasted Riverview_Lite into France, yes. As for the second part, I'll try it out. It'll probably crash though.

ETA: It did in fact crash lol. Again, sorry for the pic size.
« Last Edit: 2010 May 27, 18:57:54 by FireDrake » Logged

jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 May 27, 21:59:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, by "it worked," you mean you were trying to make it crash?  Heh.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
FireDrake
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 May 27, 23:13:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol. You could say that. I see it more as...an undesired result of the pursuit of knowledge. It sounds better that way. 

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: