More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 23:57:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Garden Club Error
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Garden Club Error  (Read 8975 times)
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Garden Club Error
« on: 2007 April 03, 00:35:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I really have no idea what could be causing this, and the only hacks I have that I think would affect this are by Pescado. I was having my Sims' garden reviewed and just before it seems they finished, this error pops up and screws up everything. Either way, if anyone could help me make any sense of this it would be greatly appreciated.

« Last Edit: 2007 April 03, 02:23:40 by Flamingo » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Garden Club Error
« Reply #1 on: 2007 April 03, 00:47:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a LUA-contained error. We don't presently have a method of identifying those. It may be due to the use of CC plants.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 April 03, 01:24:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, thank you. At least it should be simple to fix if it is indeed caused by CC plants. So this is just Maxis EA sucking then?
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 April 03, 02:11:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, it would be a bit more helpful if we knew what object id 832 was. You seem to have cropped that out of the log, however.

Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 April 03, 02:21:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember reading somewhere that anymore than a couple of lines is typically all that's needed when posting error logs, and the rest is just a waste. I'm guessing that the object is a snap dragon, but I'll upload the entire log for you.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 April 03, 02:32:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a problem with the Garden Club and Inge's 'days left' shrub -- crashed the game to the desktop when they tried to inspect it.  Removed it, and the inspection went fine.  I'm guessing most CC garden stuff would cause problems with the GC for now, at least until the creators update the cc for Seasons.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 April 03, 06:16:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea what the problem is, but at least I just learned how to do a proper table search with Lua.  Grin

Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 April 03, 06:39:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually have a ton of cc garden stuff, and it was inspected successfully. Even got points for them. I imagine that perhaps hacked plants, such as the things stay shrub, may be the real culprit? I do have the teleporter plus, but I can't recall at the moment if it has been on a lot that has been inspected. It may be, but if it is on the lot I am thinking of, it is behind a short flowerbed-type fence and has daisies under it as well, so they get the "can't go there" thought bubble and move on.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 April 03, 11:44:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea what the problem is, but at least I just learned how to do a proper table search with Lua.  Grin
Do share.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 April 03, 13:13:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lua doesn't have a normal "in" operator, so you set up tables in a particular way:

Code:
t = {[3517]=1;[-7502]=2;[8559931]=3}

If you imagine the numbers in the brackets as GUID values, this makes it easy to find one.

Code:
x = some GUID value
if t[x] then ...

A non-nil value indicates that name has some value, and if you use that value you could do something like this:

Code:
v = t[x]

So, in this example, if x was -7502 then v would be 2.

Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 April 03, 23:36:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Indeed, this problem was fixed after the removal of some rather sketchy trees that came packaged with the house I was playing. It could possibly have been the combination of garden-related content I removed as well, but either way, it worked. The atrocious wait time to audition for the garden club again was way too long for my tastes, but that's another story.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2007 April 04, 03:05:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

can you split the lua post off and move it into the Bowels of Trogdor?  Any plans on releasing some Lua tutorials?  *nudge*nudge*wink*wink*hint*hint* Cheesy

Ste

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 April 04, 13:44:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lua is far too simple to require a tutorial. This should suffice:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lua_%28programming_language%29
http://www.lua.org/docs.html

Pages: [1] Print