More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 09, 09:10:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Can a pet live forever?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can a pet live forever?  (Read 3036 times)
nocomment
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Can a pet live forever?
« on: 2007 February 11, 14:38:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry if this is a dumb question.  I haven't done much with pets yet.  Can a pet be made to live indefinitely?  I know they don't age with aging off, but that has to be turned on sometimes so children will age.  Has anyone made a hack for this?

Also, if I get a parrot for my Uni students, will it age while on campus?

aussieone
Stupid Schlemiel

I ain't 'fraid of no Inteenimater!! ABCD/EFGH

View Profile
Re: Can a pet live forever?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 February 11, 15:16:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suppose if they eat enough of the 'kibble of life' or whatever it's called then theoretically they can live forever.

Inge: credit to Kewian for educating me as to where my clitoris is and what it does
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 February 11, 15:39:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

With the kibble of life yes they can.  I bought a pet for my vampire sim who is now a great grandmother and she's had the dog since she was an adult with a kid.
nocomment
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 February 11, 16:10:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, that's a relief.  I had read that the kibble of life could only be used one time.

I play my sims almost in "real time."  As in, I've had the game for two years, so the sims have been alive two years.  Having a pet die after a month of play doesn't make sense with that mindset.

doren
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 February 11, 22:47:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, that's a relief.  I had read that the kibble of life could only be used one time.

I play my sims almost in "real time."  As in, I've had the game for two years, so the sims have been alive two years.  Having a pet die after a month of play doesn't make sense with that mindset.

I play very similar, my sims are aging very very slowly. One good idea of Pets was that they age at a different time (between 10 - 12 a.m., I haven't completely worked it out, because I always forget to check at the right time), so it means you can turn aging off in the morning and turn it on again afterwards if you want your "human" sims to age.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 February 12, 03:19:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it can be used 5 times, just like the elixer. You need to have one of your 'human' sims command the pet to eat the kibble. I think the sim has to have at least gold aspiration, too, otherwise there could be problems, just like with the other reward objects.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: