More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 09, 12:29:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  side-effect of pets
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: side-effect of pets  (Read 11540 times)
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
Re: side-effect of pets
« Reply #25 on: 2006 December 14, 02:24:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Darn! Cheesy
I asked because in that greek house happens exactly the same.
Anyway, since the base game I ended up placing something on every damn free eligible surface in every house. This is the only way I found out to force sims to drop bills and crap on lawn near sidewalk. :/

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 December 14, 02:28:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The One Desk is the desk on the lot with the lowest object ID. Object IDs tend to increase as objects are placed on the lot, but are recycled when objects are deleted. If objects were deleted and then a new desk bought, that new desk could take up the role of The One Desk as a result, but otherwise, the first desk bought typically becomes The One Desk.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 December 14, 16:37:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That explains it in my greek house, then - there was already a desk on the lot, but they kept using the one I added to give them a second computer.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 December 14, 16:43:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That explains it in my greek house, then - there was already a desk on the lot, but they kept using the one I added to give them a second computer.
Greek Houses do not have children, and therefore do not manifest obvious signs of The One Desk as University assignments differ in their desk-location mechanisms.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 December 14, 16:47:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not as far as assignments, but as far as them insisting on walking right past empty kitchen counters to put a pizza on the empty side of the desk on the 2nd floor, yea, they treated it as a 'One Desk'.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 December 14, 17:20:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not as far as assignments, but as far as them insisting on walking right past empty kitchen counters to put a pizza on the empty side of the desk on the 2nd floor, yea, they treated it as a 'One Desk'.
I don't think they'll put it on a kitchen counter. It's always a desk or coffeetable, and seems to ignore the "One" effect. Try putting an appropriate pizzadrop surface (NOT counter) closer.

miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 December 14, 19:11:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen pizzas on the counters if there's no other available surface.  Also on the little shelf provided by Windkeeper's mailbox cover.

They do prefer desks over counters, tho.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 December 15, 03:09:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that I've blocked the open spot on the desk with a plant, they do put the pizza box on the kitchen counter.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 December 15, 10:38:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pizza and bills are always seems to get put on the closest surface in my game, so I always keep a few of those spindle coffee tables outside the house; one by each end and one close to the mailbox.  I used to have a lot more of them for thinking caps, but now I use the thinking cap hat stands for that.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 December 15, 10:40:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen pizzas on the counters if there's no other available surface.  Also on the little shelf provided by Windkeeper's mailbox cover.
It soudns like you need the Hacked Windkeeperian which disallows sims from putting pizzas and other nonbills on it.

miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 December 15, 16:34:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd rather have the pizza on the mailbox shelf than lying on the ground next to the car.  That really grosses me out!

I also have a nice marble endtable (I think I got it from a link from here; if not, MTS2 somewhere) that matches the marble columns.  Works nice for houses where I don't want the mailbox cover for some reason.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 December 15, 16:39:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd rather have the pizza on the mailbox shelf than lying on the ground next to the car.  That really grosses me out!
It won't end up next to the car, it will just end up going for another surface other than the Windkeeperian.

miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 December 15, 16:48:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it hasn't ended up on the ground lately, but I know there are several things that will make them "drop" it...

1) Person bringing pizza home (PBPH) is exhausted and falls asleep standing next to the car.
2) PBPH is starving and drops the pizza to get to the "gorging on pizza" bit quicker.
3) Child wants to hug PBPH. (Yes, I have this hack now.  It hasn't happened since.)

Yes, I send my Sims to work and school with ridiculously low motives!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: