EAxis House of Phail: October 2009

(1/9) > >>

Mootilda:
This month's lot is the European Townhouse from the base-game lot bin.

Amazingly, the lot edges are already flat.  I've packaged the lot and attached it here, for anyone who's lost their copy.

Rules, cut and pasted from last month:

1. No CC.  Please indicate expansion and stuff packs so people who wish to download your lot know what to expect.  Pictures are required, either available for download, on a slideshow, or posted in this thread.

2. By entering this challenge, you agree to take constructive criticism.  If you wish to judge someone else's entry, you should be respectful but honest.

3. Your lot does not have to be Awesomespec, although it is encouraged.

4. You may move internal walls and add external walls but you may NOT move original external walls.

5. Lots may be furnished, unfurnished, or partially furnished.  You can even upload both furnished and unfurnished versions.

Monthly rules:

6. Bonus points if you can keep the upstairs balcony intact.

I'm open to suggestions for other bonus rules.

Prosthetics:
I don't really like foundations. Are we allowed to take it off of the foundation? On second thought, forcing the foundation may be more of a challenge. For bonus points, I'd recommend keeping the little balcony. It can be expanded but not demolished.

chobeegal:
Quote from: Prosthetics on 2009 October 03, 23:45:37

I don't really like foundations. Are we allowed to take it off of the foundation?

That's just the opposite of me and my question last month. I like foundations and raised mine onto one. One reason I prefer a foundation is you have to have one to make "wrap-around" porches, like you see on older houses (Cracker style) here in the south. Another reason is it allows for expansion down rather than out or up.

Sipu_von_Sapu:
Good choice for house improvement! Let's hope there will be active participation. Can't wait to see what people will come up with.  :D
*runs off to the drawing-board*

Mootilda:
How would you remove the foundation?

Move the ground level back up to the road level (so that the house is 3 stories instead of 2), replace the foundation walls with normal walls, and put the front door on the previous foundation level?

Or, were you thinking about just rebuilding the house from scratch without the foundation?

Either way, I'd say that it's OK to remove (or add) a foundation level, if you feel that it's necessary for your vision.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page