More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 20, 22:26:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Social for toddlers please!!!!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Social for toddlers please!!!!  (Read 18359 times)
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
Re: Social for toddlers please!!!!
« Reply #25 on: 2006 June 29, 03:06:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, all of my toys are laid out assembly line style, to cut down on travel time. =p

And yes, I do believe, without JM's elder age hack, the "growing up well" adds X amount of days to an elder's life.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
eve_ftw
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 June 29, 11:07:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And yes, I do believe, without JM's elder age hack, the "growing up well" adds X amount of days to an elder's life.

If it's the same hack that I have, it adds days to adult life too, and not always the same amount.  I love this by the way, now they are varied as to when they age transition, very cool

Any connection between my reality and yours is purely coincidental...
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2006 June 29, 11:54:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If there's enough room, then adults and children can watch the kids play with the xylophone and the blocks, but you pretty much need an empty tile all around the toy, and that rarely happens in my houses. I don't think these toys work nearly as well as the rabbit, at increasing relationship scores.
It is basically purposeless to have anyone join a toddler at anything other than the rabbit head, since other toys grant no social or +rel. The toddler similarly pays no attention to the advice given.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 June 29, 20:13:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Toddlers and adults gain strong socials through the normal day to day snuggle, tickle/play, talk to interactions, and even bathing them, so I'm at a loss why you'd need such a hack.

On the other hand, my game play reflects my philosophy: if you don't have time to spend with your kids, don't have kids.
eve_ftw
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 June 29, 21:43:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok ok, I KNOW they gain social through other things, but I find those other things a waste of time that takes away from their skilling, but that's not even the main reason.  Basically I just think, if an adult is playing with a toddler they are interacting, right?  And an interaction like this, playing with them... it just doesn't make sense that they don't gain social.  That's it, it's just a minor annoyance of something that was overlooked and irritates me because it doesn't make sense.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 June 29, 21:53:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's why you use the rabbit head to social them.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
eve_ftw
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 June 29, 21:55:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They should gain it with any toy....I give up.....*walks away shaking head*

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 June 29, 22:00:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They don't gain it with the other toys because the toddler doesn't talk to the other sim and, in fact, completely ignores him.

eve_ftw
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 June 29, 22:09:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, one last time I'll try to explain my point.  I hear what you're saying, but...you are focusing on what they do in the game, I'm saying what they should do! I'm saying since this is a SIM of real life, it should simulate it by haveing the social go up when an adult is playing with the kid on any toy.  I don't know about others, but my (real) kids had similar toys, and I played with them, I'm pretty sure their social went up (lol, I sim too much I think)  Doea anyone understand what I'm trying to say or am I just talking to myself here?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 June 29, 22:25:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't understand. The kids ignore the other party when using the other toys, which is why they do not gain social. You don't gain social by ignoring people, right?

BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 June 29, 22:28:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I understand what you're saying, but I think the toddlers get social enough from the charisma toy and the few interactions they have with adults.  Their social bar can only go so high before it's maxed, so what's the point in having everything gain social?  Play with the rabbit head if you want a social toy.  I hate watching Sims gain charisma while they're teens and adults anyway, so it's a good compromise.

Plus, too much realism isn't necessarily a good thing.  Not everything can be real-to-life.  That wouldn't be a fun game at all.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 June 29, 22:41:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think her main issue is the PARENTS not gaining socials, not the toddlers.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 June 29, 23:03:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't the adults gain social on the rabbit thingie?  I dunno, I never rely on the toddlers when I want the parent's social to go up, and if I do, I just make them talk to the toddler, play with it, etc.

After that, they can put the toddler away in its box and let the toddler play on its own.  Children should be seen and not heard, and definitely avoided if possible.
eve_ftw
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 June 30, 01:15:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My issue is really that neither gain social when they are playing together, plain and simple. It's stupid that they don't.  BlueSuop is the only one who even can begin to grasp this simple concept so far it seems, thank you Blue...  but while I agree that I don't want to watch my sims do too real such as doing laundry, etc, a simple thing like gaining social when you are playing with someone should be included.  I don't like playing with the rabbit head personally, just my preferance, if I did, I wouldn't care in the first place. 
But this thread is obviously going no where, so thanks for the input, I'm off to go sulk...I think.

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 June 30, 01:23:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe this is why you have such trouble understanding the way toddlers gain social.  Cheesy

Baroness
cwieberdink
Retarded Reprobate

Dark and evil penguins!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 June 30, 01:23:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After that, they can put the toddler away in its box and let the toddler play on its own.  Children should be seen and not heard, and definitely avoided if possible.

Blue, it's that sort of attitude that makes for fathers that suck!  :-P

But sim toddlers are a different story than real ones.....

C

Darkerdink -- aide to Dark_Trepie.  Now with moar dark!
eve_ftw
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 June 30, 01:37:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe this is why you have such trouble understanding the way toddlers gain social.  Cheesy

Ummmmmm, I have absolutely no trouble understanding how they gain social, I've raised so many I've lost count, having 143 currently in uni at the moment, and that is the 2nd generation I've sent there....I know, for the last time, that they can gain social by talking, playing, reading, bathing and playing with the damn rabbit head.  For the last time..... In real life when a kid plays with an adult, they are having a social interaction.  In the game, except for the rabbit head, they don't gain social from playing with a toy while an adult is playing with them.  They are playing with a toy with a person, they should, you would think be socially interacting with that person and therefore their social (and actually rel too) should go up.  Like JM likes to keep pointing out, they pretty much ignore the person who is playing with them and neither rel or social goes up, and it doesn't make sense because it should.  Because in real life, when a kid is playing with a toy and someone is playing with them, if we actually had those little bars, lol, they would both be going up. 
Seriously, and know this is going to sound condescending, I don't mean it to but really I'm curious, do you people actually read these threads or just want to put your two cents in without really caring what the person is trying to get across?  I've tried to explain my point several times, and you just don't seem to be getting it at all.

Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: 2006 June 30, 01:52:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

We get your point. What you're saying is that they should get social from the other toddler toys. But in a way, this is sorta pointless. Unless your toddlers social are going so far down they refuse to do anything, it doesn't really matter. And if Pescado doesn't see anything wrong with it, why should he fix it? Most of his fixes and mods are for his own playing style, y'know, and he's just kind enough to share them with us. Cheesy

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2006 June 30, 02:08:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The best way to get toddler social up is to give them a bath...

And I don't know about anyone else, but I can WATCH a toddler playing and not gain any social interation from it if said toddler is completely ignoring me.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2006 June 30, 04:47:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seriously, and know this is going to sound condescending, I don't mean it to but really I'm curious, do you people actually read these threads or just want to put your two cents in without really caring what the person is trying to get across?  I've tried to explain my point several times, and you just don't seem to be getting it at all.

The problem is that you are so determined to think that we are all too stupid to understand your complex intellectual issue that you can't see when people are joking. I made the comment I made because you were having a tantrum, just like a toddler.

Here, think about it this way: sometimes when people disagree with you, it isn't because they don't understand your position, it's because they understand your position and disagree with it.

neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2006 June 30, 05:05:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The best way to get toddler social up is to give them a bath...

And I don't know about anyone else, but I can WATCH a toddler playing and not gain any social interation from it if said toddler is completely ignoring me.

My social goes down if I am forced to interact with a toddler in any way. I work in retail. Kids. Ugh.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
BlueSoup
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2006 June 30, 05:10:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My social goes down if I am forced to interact with a toddler in any way. I work in retail. Kids. Ugh.

Babies, toddlers, children or teens for me.  Tongue  I prefer people who are older than me, even people a couple of years younger I find ridiculous.

I'm not really a people person.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2006 June 30, 05:11:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I dunno, poking them with sticks is amusing. This is what we do with babies in my family, after all. We poke them with sticks. The ones that don't react properly are promptly left to die of exposure.

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2006 June 30, 05:28:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish you had been able to come to my daughter's birthday party today, JM. That would have been awesome. Those kids really needed to be poked with sticks at one point.

neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2006 July 01, 03:08:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish you had been able to come to my daughter's birthday party today, JM. That would have been awesome. Those kids really needed to be poked with sticks at one point.

Just the one point?

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: