More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 17, 17:14:37

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  How can my Sims meet aliens and vampires ?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: How can my Sims meet aliens and vampires ?  (Read 7556 times)
Little Dragonbaby
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
How can my Sims meet aliens and vampires ?
« on: 2006 June 24, 08:24:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried to set clock for my Sims to live at night, but they haven't met any aliens or vampires sofar. I have all of the EPs and the latest version to play is FFS.

Appreciating any advice.

The Sims is my second life ?
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Re: How can my Sims meet aliens and vampires ?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 24, 08:25:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

they meet aliens by being abducted while using the telescope - lots of night time star gazing.

the vampires will show up on downtown lots at night, also.
Little Dragonbaby
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 24, 08:43:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

they meet aliens by being abducted while using the telescope - lots of night time star gazing.

the vampires will show up on downtown lots at night, also.

Thanks for your advice.

But roughly when do my Sims have chance? They spent couples of weeks and maximized the logic skill by using telescope but nothing happened. And, my Sims still haven't seen any vampires, though they were managed not to sleep at night.

By the way, The Sim just can meet alien when he or she is alone at night? I heard male Sim can be pregnant with alien, lol. But, sofar I haven't seen it with my Sim. Huh

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 24, 08:50:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want a higher chance of your sim being abducted, go down to twojeff's section and grab his hack to increase the odds of alien abductions.  Some people have almost none, and others get abductions all the time.

An adult male sim will come back pregnant from abduction, yes.

Little Dragonbaby
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 24, 08:53:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Further on, I created a neighbourhood, then attached it to Downtown (NL Ex)., so should I move my Sims to existing Downtown lots (NL Ex) in order to have chance with vampires?

blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 June 24, 09:05:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't have to, you can tour the downtown community lots, you'll see one there.
Marquis
Twain
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 June 24, 13:12:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Furthermore to begin with there are only two Vamps to begin with....they are very obvious as to who they are.  If you befriend them there is a chance they will bite you and turn you into a Vamp also....once one of your playable sims get Vamped..then the NPC Vamp will start biting other NPC turning them into Vamps also.

Good breeding consists of concealing how much we think of ourselves and how little we think of the other person. - Mark Twain
www.thesporum.net
breyerii
Town Crier
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 June 24, 13:23:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Weren't Grand Vampires four?

Also, I thought they started biting other NPC sims only after your controlled sim bit someone else...
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 June 24, 14:02:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One of your Sims has to be bitten by a Grand Vamp first, then they are free to bite others.  It's not just NPC's though, they will bite your Sims as well unless they have some sort of protection (there's some sort of garlic thing on MTS2 they can carry in their inventory as protection).  Without that, you need to keep careful watch on the Grand Vamps once they are free to bite - I had an elder turned the other day and had no idea until I saw her as a vamp in another sim's wants panel.  Sometimes I take temporary control of the vamp and stop the action if they are planning to bite someone I would rather they didn't, but usually I just turn my Sims back the next time I play their lots.  I won't let any of mine stay vamps unless they are childless, as kids older than their parents is something I just can't get to grips with!  So far the only permanent one I have is Jodie Larson, who was the first to be turned in my current Pleasantview.  I had loads of vamps in the old one, including Sophie Miguel, who was a zombie and a vamp most of the time as well, as she was married to one of the Counts.  She hated being a vamp so she bought vampilcillin by the bucketload and kept changing herself back.  Was quite funny really.

According to what I read, NPC Sims are also free to bite other Sims, but I've never once seen that happen.  I had about 6 NPC Sims in my original Pleasantview and not one of them ever attempted to bite anyone.  The Count continued to do so even after he was playable, so I had three of them at it because by then the spare Count had taken his place.  On average, every community lot I visited would have 4 or 5 vamps on it at any one time.

As for the abductions, if you want to force one, just turn debug mode on if you don't play with it on (boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true) and shift click on the telescope when one of your male Sims is using it.  You can then get them abducted and they will come back pregnant (as long as they're eligible - i.e., not too young or too old).  Alternatively, there is a telescope on MTS2 that guarantees an abduction everytime it's used.  I use TwoJeffs, the 'less' version (I was getting abductions everytime with the ordinary one).  So far in my current Pleasantview I have two aliens, the first being born to JMP.  In my old one I had 5 I think. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 June 24, 14:16:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed in my neighborhood, that the vamps prefer the Crypt-o-Nite Club. I usually get either the Count or the Countess after a few night visiting there. (That and it is one of my favorite NL lots)

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 June 24, 17:56:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got the Count as a $5000 date for one of my Sims, as well. 3 lightning bolts. Convenient, since I wanted to make her a vampire.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 June 24, 18:22:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, whether or not the vampires bite you autonomously is pretty much random and has nothing to do with friends/not-friends, as it turns out. It's just totally random.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 June 24, 19:07:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, if you know what hair color your Count/ess has, make the turn-ons vampirism and their hair color and viola, $5000 date, the only person that fulfills those requirements SHOULD be the Grand Count.

Only time that might not work is if your sim has an unattractive personality/aspiration to the Count.

neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 June 25, 01:24:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Turn-ons don't really do much, though they can push lightning bolts up a bit. One of this Sim's turn-ons is vampirism, but I can't even remember what the other is. She's romance, he's pleasure, and apparently she happened to have the right astrological sign too. I've never had three lightning bolts happen without at least one sign being attracted to the other, with no repulsion. I wasn't even trying for the count, I just wanted to get my romance Sim a date. Just happened that way.

The lifetime want of my Count Goopy is to marry off six children, by the way. WTF?

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Persephone
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 June 25, 02:29:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, whether or not the vampires bite you autonomously is pretty much random and has nothing to do with friends/not-friends, as it turns out. It's just totally random.

You know that's what I always thought.  I've felt the mutual friend option is much faster since getting them to bite you on their own can be very tedious.  Have another sim in the household get the vampire over to the house and then influence them to bite the other sim.  If the target sim lives alone, then play another house and invite the target sim and the vampire over at the same time.
firelizard
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 June 26, 03:38:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you happen to have OFB, you can use JM's awesome Customer Selector to force a meeting with a vampire. Just purchase some sort of buisness and use the Person State options to reject everyone but vampires.

The object in question can be found here:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=4568.0
liegenschonheit
Garrulous Gimp

Mmmm...brains

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 June 26, 05:17:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or you can use that other *coughinsiminatorcough* hack to select the lifestate of your sim without having to deal with those persnickity old counts and countesses. You can zombify them that way too ^_^
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 June 26, 08:40:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The lifetime want of my Count Goopy is to marry off six children, by the way. WTF?

The NL special NPC's (The slob, diva, Mr Big and the vampires) are all generated as a random aspiration (in Count Goopy's case, family) but are then forced by the game to be pleasure sims. In the process, the LTW's are not changed.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 June 26, 14:56:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're gonna cheat and choose the life state, don't use kitten killer. Just use boolprop testingcheatsenabled true shift click on sim and select "Make Vampire."

Easy cheesy.

Oh there is also a hacked objects at MTS2 that allows you to purchase a vampire potion.

Tyraa Rane
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 June 27, 18:40:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The NL special NPC's (The slob, diva, Mr Big and the vampires) are all generated as a random aspiration (in Count Goopy's case, family) but are then forced by the game to be pleasure sims. In the process, the LTW's are not changed.

Are you sure? I haven't checked any of the other special NPCs with SimPE or anything, but my Mr. Big, at least, is definitely a fortune sim.
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 June 27, 20:29:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you sure? I haven't checked any of the other special NPCs with SimPE or anything, but my Mr. Big, at least, is definitely a fortune sim.

So is mine.

The awesome (TM) college adjustor by TwoJeffs has the option to make your Sim a vampire, too.

Baronetess
vcline
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 June 29, 19:12:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't see it mentioned here, but you need to use the expensive telescope in order to be abducted.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 July 01, 12:29:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If they are, it's a forced change. They're forced to a specific aspiration by hamfistedly changing their original one, which leaves the LTW intact.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: