More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 21, 01:21:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Um, Greek houses and Pledges... I must be missing something!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Um, Greek houses and Pledges... I must be missing something!  (Read 4266 times)
Persephone
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Um, Greek houses and Pledges... I must be missing something!
« on: 2006 June 23, 20:41:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got a non-playable uni sim to pledge my new greek house, but I have no option to invite her to move in.  I've never played greek houses before, I rarely even play Uni, so is it something stupid I'm missing, or is there a bug fix I need?

Oh by the way, yes the "pledge period" is over with this sim.
« Last Edit: 2006 June 23, 20:48:32 by Persephone » Logged
Tyraa Rane
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Um, Greek houses and Pledges... I must be missing something!
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 23, 20:48:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a "pledge period" for sims you pledge to the Greek houses...they have to spend a certain amount of time at the house before they can move in. On the plus side, during this time it doesn't cost your sims any influence points to get them to write term papers for them...
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 23, 22:57:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried the phone and is there an option to move to greek house or is that what you meant by no option (it was a bit vague there)?

Persephone
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 24, 00:05:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry Starling, I'm talking about a non playable NPC type student, so I can't direct her to use the phone to move in.  I invited her over after pledge period with a student in the greek house, and clicked on the pledge, but found no option to propose/move in.

I was thinking it might because she's a special NPC?
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 24, 00:52:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If she's a member of the Secret Society, that doesn't matter, I've gotten them to move in before. If she's the cow, llama, streaker or cheerleader, I've never tried to move those in, so maybe that could cause issues.

Is she friends with the student who tried to move her in?

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Persephone
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 June 24, 02:22:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes she is friends, she had to be in order to pledge her in the first place.  But actually I do think she's one of the cheerleaders.  I thought since I could pledge her, that I could let her move in, but whatever, that's probably the problem.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 June 24, 03:36:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should be able to, I moved a cheerleader into a Greek house in my original Pleasantview, although that was before OFB.  She was engaged to one of the residents and he wanted to ask her to pledge, so he did and then she moved in.  She was actually the last resident there in the end, then she moved back to the neighbourhood after graduating.  I never had any problems with her, she was just like a normal student.  She only reverted to cheerleader stuff (wearing a llama suit) after she got back to the main neighbourhood.  Towards the end she shared the Greek House with a cow mascot (also pledged and moved in), who she became best friends with.  At one time, I'd had a cow, a cheerleader and a llama all living there as normal YA's and all best friends with each other (despite their former histories).

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 June 24, 06:11:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just call them up and invite them over. Keep them there as long as you can and you should get a message eventually that they have spent enough time to join. If not, the person who has the highest relationship points can "propose...move in" and they will after they have spent enough time there. Just make sure they are good friends!
Persephone
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 June 24, 06:48:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just call them up and invite them over. Keep them there as long as you can and you should get a message eventually that they have spent enough time to join. If not, the person who has the highest relationship points can "propose...move in" and they will after they have spent enough time there. Just make sure they are good friends!

UGh, I KNOW! LOL the point is that is NOT working as expected.  I explained that the pledge period has resolved, and that the person doing the proposing has a good relationship with the sim.  Maybe I'm cranky cause its so late, but seriously it annoys the hell out of me when people respond without reading the freakin' thread.
vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 June 24, 07:38:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No idea as to what has gone wrong but I can think of two things you could do that might fix the issue

1. Try using Merola64's mind control mirror (found here http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=33870) to select the non-playable sim in question and then try to move them in

OR

2. Use Inge's shrub (found http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=2757.0) to move the non-playable sim in

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 June 26, 01:00:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've moved in cows and dormies with this method, so I don't think it is that you cannot move in an NPC.

I'm wondering if you have that Greek House bug that sometimes happens. Can anyone who lives in the house throw a party? If you get the bug, they stop being able to have parties and pledging, so it probably affects the moving in, too. The way I solved this was to move into new premises, but I know that is a pain.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 June 26, 01:17:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're playing *AS* the Greek House and ask someone to pledge, then you have to restrain them on the lot until it says they become a full member. This is best done by locking them in the bathroom or something.

As for being unable to move someone in, some people are squirrel-handed. Certain special NPCs may not always be moveable.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: