More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 17, 13:19:17

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Repricing floors and walls?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Repricing floors and walls?  (Read 11022 times)
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
Re: Repricing floors and walls?
« Reply #25 on: 2006 June 19, 23:20:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found the thread about dangerous $0 floors. http://www.simposieum.net/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,27/topic,1196.0

Fail.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2006 June 20, 00:15:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can you please copy/paste what's said about it?
Marquis
Twain
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2006 June 20, 00:21:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: Myth
Well everyone knows I love making $0 floor and wall sets to keep the cost of my lots down.  But did you know that $0 floors cause graphical glitches?

It took me a while to figure it out, but they do and I figured since I pimped my floors that I should be the one to warn you about them too.

With $0 floors anything you set on them will partially or completely disappear.  Rugs, homework, puddles even skill helmets will fall victim to the magical powers of the $0 carpet.

In an outdoor application cast shadows will show normal on a priced tile but appear as a bright blue shadow shape on a $0 one.

All of the above errors can be corrected very easily with Homecrafter.  So don't go deleting your favorite free floors.  Just open them in Homecrafter and change the price to $1 and it fixes the issue.  Smiley

Good breeding consists of concealing how much we think of ourselves and how little we think of the other person. - Mark Twain
www.thesporum.net
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2006 June 20, 04:30:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So maybe that's the answer to the problem a lot of people have asked advice about!

Zephyr Zodiac
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2006 June 20, 05:09:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've given up on repricing floors and walls, though the cheating nature of all the $1 stuff drives me nutty. Same with objects. This game is not hard, what on earth necessitates making things so cheap? For objects, it really screws up Fortune Sims as well: they all end up with exactly the same sculptures, sinks, etc., and very little custom content works for them.

I didn't know that comfort was not readily editable on custom stuff through SimPE. Is it just comfort, or does it apply to all the other stats (besides price)? And if so, how does one edit the stats?

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2006 June 20, 05:43:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know whether you can or cannot do it, I only remember JM saying it wasn't as easy as it looks.

I tend to use reasonably priced walls and floors and cut back on furnishings to the minumum - that way you get a good environment score from the start.  A sim who can't cook doesn't need more than one counter to make cereal and lmsandwiches.  They don't need a sink in the bathroom, and most are quite happy with a bookcase and a cheap stereo for starters - TVs are only useful for learning to cook.  For fortune sims in particular I like to start with the minimum and give them something to want!

Zephyr Zodiac
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2006 June 20, 06:25:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't know that comfort was not readily editable on custom stuff through SimPE. Is it just comfort, or does it apply to all the other stats (besides price)? And if so, how does one edit the stats?

Do you have access to N99? CTNutmegger posted some good info about it, and attached a file. http://p218.ezboard.com/fstarlightsimsfrm76.showMessage?topicID=290.topic

I'll just quote.

It is done by changing the BCONs.

I did all mine by cloning the most expensive bed, then exporting all the BCONs in it to a safe separate folder. You can delete this package later, you won't need it again.

Open the bed you want to upgrade, and import those BCONs into it, allow it to overwriting the original ones, click commit and save the package. Instant upgrade. 

You can change the values that show in the catalog by hilighting Object Data, select the main Type (Usually the one without a letter or number following the name.

Click Raw Data tab and select the Decimal view (easier than by Hex) scroll down the list and find the Comfort, Energy, Room and make the corresponding changes, 10 being the greatest. (This step is really not necessary, it only changes what you see in the Catalog view.)

I still have the extracted BCONs I use for my meshes if you want them, I zip them up and you won't have to clone an expension bed to get them. Let me know and I'll put them online with a link to the download here.

Direct Download to Enhanced BCONs http://homepage.myeastern.com/~kamaba/Bedshighvalue-BCONs.zip

You will find 12 values in the zip, 2 for each BCON, just unzip them to a separate folder so you can keep them together and find them easily.

Open the bed you want to update, click BCON in the left column, and then right click on each line in the right column.

Choose Replace and then select the matching value simpe file from the replacements.

(I labeled them so I'd know which was which). Ignore the *.xml files, they were created when I exported the values from the expensive bed, and I'm not sure if they are used by SimPE when you import the "*.simpe file", but I keep them together anyway.

Commit after you have replaced the ones you want and Save the package.

If you have any problem, let me know

In response to a questions about chairs:

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work, as long as you use the ones from a chair to upgrade another chair.

I did it with a bar-b-que, someone made a really nice looking one but the hunger value was only 1, I used the value from the expensive grill to upgrade it for my sims.

Fail.
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2006 June 20, 08:13:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Changing the price of floors and wallpapers in simPE is really easy (much more than binning hair !!)
When you open a floor or wallpaper file in simpe there's a text list with 3 lines : the first is the name of the floor or wallpaper, the second is the description you'll find in the build catalog and the third is the price.
I edited all my floors and wallpapers this way, to give them logical prices (stones floors cannot be cheap in my world for example) and it's working perfectly in game.
Don't forget to commit and save of course.
It's faster than homecrafter and it doesn't change the GUID of the floor or wallpaper so it doesn't disapear from your houses.
Pioupiou
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2006 June 20, 13:56:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That at least you would think Maxis would have put right with the new version!  Wishful thinking, of course!

Zephyr Zodiac
momtogirls
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2006 June 20, 14:23:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

how do I open the wallpaper or floor in simpe, because I seem to have forgotten.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2006 June 20, 14:44:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

File>>Open.  Then navigate to the wall you want to open and choose it.
momtogirls
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2006 June 20, 18:14:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thank you.  I knew it had to be easy, but in my advanced age, I totally forgot
twistingsims
Dimwitted Dunce

*peeks*

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2006 June 20, 19:08:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Changing the price of floors and wallpapers in simPE is really easy (much more than binning hair !!)
When you open a floor or wallpaper file in simpe there's a text list with 3 lines : the first is the name of the floor or wallpaper, the second is the description you'll find in the build catalog and the third is the price.
I edited all my floors and wallpapers this way, to give them logical prices (stones floors cannot be cheap in my world for example) and it's working perfectly in game.
Don't forget to commit and save of course.
It's faster than homecrafter and it doesn't change the GUID of the floor or wallpaper so it doesn't disapear from your houses.
Pioupiou

thanks for the info, ya you would think Maxis would have made that possible with homecrafter, and naming them yourself instead of all those generic numbers and stuff!! Roll Eyes

thank god for you good folks is all I can say!! Grin Grin
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2006 June 20, 20:58:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks SaraMK, that's great info.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2006 June 20, 21:12:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can also just right-click on the package file you want to edit, and where it says open you should have the option to open with simPE.

Zephyr Zodiac
momtogirls
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2006 June 20, 21:55:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can also just right-click on the package file you want to edit, and where it says open you should have the option to open with simPE.

THAT'S how I was doing it before...I knew it was something simple, but just couldn't remember.

Thanks, everyone for the help
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2006 June 25, 20:22:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes thank you, all my walls are now nicey nice priced and my sims are much happier about their environment.  Cheesy

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: